• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Red Blimp

Shiny Grimer

Pronoun
she/her, they/them
The Red Blimp!
y si lo prefieres en español...

The Red Blimp is my incredibly old (seriously; the earliest version that was ever on the web was made in 2002 or 2006, depending on what you call a 'web site') Pokemon, Paper Mario, and EarthBound website. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time making it. What's the purpose of it, you might ask? Well, it all start a long time ago, in a land far away, when a little girl wanted a place to put all the stuff she thought about Pokemon. The website grew with content, though few people saw it. It developed up until now.

I would appreciate any criticism you all have to say about my site.

For a website called the red blimp, the layout isn't very red. Yes, there is a style switcher, but I think it should start out that way.

Also, Suta-Raito is not your affiliate.

For a website called the red blimp, the layout isn't very red. Yes, there is a style switcher, but I think it should start out that way.

Also, Suta-Raito is not your affiliate.

First one: I guess I should have a red layout. I thought about having one, but I wasn't sure that it really offered anything new.

They used to be. I am listed as 'Critter Cryptics'. Unfortunately, the webmaster hasn't really responded when I asked to change the name. I guess I should take it down.

Thanks for commenting.

*bump, but justified!*

I remade Shadow Style to be prettier and be less plain. I also went through each page of my site and gave it a uniform style, so now the headers are all the same size. I'm also making a new style and various games. Hopefully, it's less boring now.

Generally, I think your website is good although some of the topics are a bit random.
Maybe you could create a forum related to the website so people could say what they wanted about your site, like suggest improvements, or for general chat about EarthBound, Pokemon or whatever.

Generally, I think your website is good although some of the topics are a bit random.
Maybe you could create a forum related to the website so people could say what they wanted about your site, like suggest improvements, or for general chat about EarthBound, Pokemon or whatever.

Although I do want to have a forum, I want to wait until I have some more visitors for it to happen. Thanks for the comment, though.

Also, to anyone who has read this thread: please please please comment. ;-; I feel pleasured when you guys rip my site to shreds.

I stumbled upon Critter Cryptics in a random Google search a few months ago, and I'm not sure why, but I just really liked the site. It gave off a very good vibe for some random reason.

Well, if you're going to have a splash page, it would be nice if you could put a larger link leading into the site, instead of the rather hard to notice one that's the same size as your text. I'm not a fan of splash pages and I don't like taking the time to read them, so at first glance, your splash page looks like it's a hiatus page or something, and I'm very tempted to turn away from it. But a larger "enter" link or image will fix the problem very nicely. =)

I like your Venonat/Butterfree page. ^^ Though I think you should add an image showing Caterpie > Metapod > Venomoth at the end, just for comparison's sake. And "Venonat" isn't capitalized in one of the paragraphs farther to the end. Also, I'm not really sure why the fact that Venonat and Venomoth's index numbers appear before the Caterpie line is significant. Maybe you could expand on that some?

I think your "Extra Games" page could use some revisions. First off, is it really necessary to write a paragraph about the new features and then follow it with a list of the same new features? I'd get rid of the list and just keep the paragraphs. I would also go through and proofread it; there are several spelling mistakes and some uncapitalized things that should be; for example, instead of Pewter City, you wrote Pewter city. </pet peeve> The Crystal paragraphs are also confusing; you do not need to answer all of the questions correctly to get the eighth badge. Maybe also explain how Suicune is easier to catch; state that it's easier to catch because it shows up in specific locations. Basically I think I'm not a fan of that page because a lot of it is very basic information about the games that Pokémon fans probably already know. Go more in-depth on your subject. =)

I think you should state on your Pokémon Speech page that that is your theory, otherwise it makes it look like you're reporting about something made-up, since we've never been told about any of this before. (Later: Ah, I'm seeing that you do mention it is a theory on the gateway page. I didn't look at that the first time, though, so I stand by my comment. xD)

You have a lot of information about the games, like the Hey You Pikachu page. Sprinkled in there is your opinion of certain parts of the games; I'd love to see more of just your opinion on the games, instead of just talking about what happens when you go to this place in the game, etc. ^^

I'm not going to look at the Earthbound or Paper Mario sections, since I know next to nothing about those games.

Overall, I think that your site would benefit from more of the theories like the Venonat/Butterfree one. It would also benefit from some revisions and more in-depth explainations of things. =)

Wow, that was long.

Well, if you're going to have a splash page, it would be nice if you could put a larger link leading into the site, instead of the rather hard to notice one that's the same size as your text. I'm not a fan of splash pages and I don't like taking the time to read them, so at first glance, your splash page looks like it's a hiatus page or something, and I'm very tempted to turn away from it. But a larger "enter" link or image will fix the problem very nicely. =)

Alright, that's a fair thing to change.

I like your Venonat/Butterfree page. ^^ Though I think you should add an image showing Caterpie > Metapod > Venomoth at the end, just for comparison's sake. And "Venonat" isn't capitalized in one of the paragraphs farther to the end. Also, I'm not really sure why the fact that Venonat and Venomoth's index numbers appear before the Caterpie line is significant. Maybe you could expand on that some?

That Venonat and Venemoth's numbers appear before the Caterpie family means that they were not programmed at the same time, meaning that the change must have occurred early on. I do agree that it could use some clarifying.

I think your "Extra Games" page could use some revisions. First off, is it really necessary to write a paragraph about the new features and then follow it with a list of the same new features? I'd get rid of the list and just keep the paragraphs. I would also go through and proofread it; there are several spelling mistakes and some uncapitalized things that should be; for example, instead of Pewter City, you wrote Pewter city. </pet peeve> The Crystal paragraphs are also confusing; you do not need to answer all of the questions correctly to get the eighth badge. Maybe also explain how Suicune is easier to catch; state that it's easier to catch because it shows up in specific locations. Basically I think I'm not a fan of that page because a lot of it is very basic information about the games that Pokémon fans probably already know. Go more in-depth on your subject. =)

This is a very old page from Critter Cryptics, so I guess the difference in writing style shows. Thanks for telling me about the mistake, though; I'll have to fix it.

I think you should state on your Pokémon Speech page that that is your theory, otherwise it makes it look like you're reporting about something made-up, since we've never been told about any of this before. (Later: Ah, I'm seeing that you do mention it is a theory on the gateway page. I didn't look at that the first time, though, so I stand by my comment. xD)

Alright, that's simple to add.

You have a lot of information about the games, like the Hey You Pikachu page. Sprinkled in there is your opinion of certain parts of the games; I'd love to see more of just your opinion on the games, instead of just talking about what happens when you go to this place in the game, etc. ^^

That page served as both my opinion and info on the game. It was info mainly because most Pokemon sites had disappointingly little on "Hey you Pikachu" other than the obvious.

Overall, I think that your site would benefit from more of the theories like the Venonat/Butterfree one. It would also benefit from some revisions and more in-depth explainations of things. =)

Thanks very much for the review. I'll try to change those things as soon as possible.

Well, I'm late to this.

If you don't want that splash page, could you not just edit the .htaccess to set your main page as the index? There's some info on that here. (If you can't do that for some reason or don't want to then just ignore this I guess. :V)

I really love the Giygas style. I need to get around to playing Earthbound.

The Togepi style looks odd on my Firefox... the Affiliates box is way at the bottom of the content. It's about the same in the IE tab, only the navigation is on the right. o_O

Overall you have some really interesting stuff here. I like, I like. :]

Well, I'm late to this.

If you don't want that splash page, could you not just edit the .htaccess to set your main page as the index? There's some info on that here. (If you can't do that for some reason or don't want to then just ignore this I guess. :V)

I suppose I could do that, but I like the Splash now... I'll think about it. Maybe I can do a redirect thing like at TCoD.

I really love the Giygas style. I need to get around to playing Earthbound.

Thanks. :3 EarthBound is fun in a weird way.

]quote]The Togepi style looks odd on my Firefox... the Affiliates box is way at the bottom of the content. It's about the same in the IE tab, only the navigation is on the right. o_O[/quote]

Yeah, I was thinking about redoing Togepi style. I knew that it did that, and decided to just say 'screw it' to my affies. Sorry guys, but hey, I'll fix it soon.

Overall you have some really interesting stuff here. I like, I like. :]

Thank you. :3 I update almost daily since there's always something to fix.

Back
Top Bottom