• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Acetaminophen Awareness

SonicNintendo

Happy 15th, Pokemon!
What's really going on? I heard bits and pieces in regards to this and wondered. But is it really this bad, or are the idiots who drug up on Tylenol causing us to freak out?

From what I understand, they decreased the maximum dosage to 650 mg (about one pill of Tylenol) The current maximum they said would be availiable by perscription

I use acetaminophen so much I'm pretty much immune to it. That's bad, considering it can damage your liver if you use it too much. :\ I'm switching to either ibuprofen or naproxen sodium.

It's not just Tylenol; I think drugs like Vicodin and Percocet have acetaminophen in them too. And I know for a fact that Vicodin's very addicting, so it might have a lot to do with that.

The FDA's taking Vicodin and Percocet off the market, so hopefully that'll help. (Makes me wonder what'll happen to House, though.)

And I know for a fact that Vicodin's very addicting, so it might have a lot to do with that.

That instantly made me think of House. xD And as for the however-you-spell it awareness, I'm pretty sure it's just Tylenol addicts making everyone freak out. Though I'd really like to see one of those people, because I image they'd be pretty funny.

It's not just Tylenol; I think drugs like Vicodin and Percocet have acetaminophen in them too. And I know for a fact that Vicodin's very addicting, so it might have a lot to do with that.

The FDA's taking Vicodin and Percocet off the market, so hopefully that'll help. (Makes me wonder what'll happen to House, though.)

Nuoooooh!

I was given some percocet after I got my wisdom teeth taken out. It's good stuff. That "Daayummm!" sort of good.
My grandpa takes the same thing every day for his rheumatoid arthritis, but I had to take these other little pills with them, otherwise they would make me vomit. Needless to say I eventually ran out of the little ones, and I certainly couldn't ask for more. I didn't plan on taking Grandpa's prescribed ones until they didn't make me throw up and become addicted, either. Oh well.
That said, I doubt percocet has acetaminophen, since it's apparently supposed to make pain medicine easier on the stomach and I had to take an additional pill to keep me from throwing up after I took it. But if it's getting taken off the market whether it has this stuff or not, I wonder why and what it's gonna do for the people prescribed to it.

After a quick google search I found a comment someone made that pretty much sums up my initial impression of this...

Reducing the max daily dose to 2600 mg (supplied in 325 mg tabs, caps etc...) vs. 4000 mg (supplied in 500 mg tabs, caps etc...) sounds good on the face of it. The board also recommended reducing the 1000 mg max single dose to 650 mg. Again looks good on paper but consider why the board is making these recommendations; people are acting stupid and are not using the drug correctly. Let's say Joe the Plumber hurt his back doing some contract work for Halliburton, normally he would take 2 / 500 mg over the counter acetominophen, but darn he can now only get 325 mg... hmmmmm.... decision time for Joe. Will he 1. Read the bottle at take only 650 mg as a max one time dose, 2. Take 975 mg as the closest he can get to 1000 mg without going over or 3. Take 1300 mg to be sure he gets 1000 mg and some to grow on. This ruling changes nothing and may cause people to exceed the max current max single does by 300 mg.

This does not sound like it would end well.

Back
Top Bottom