• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

is this a good team for the elite 4 my cousin gave me most of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
infernape:level 62
grass knot
blast burn
flame wheel
rock climb
hes mostly for the first to using flame wheel for bugs and grass knot for whole 2nd blast burn as a last resort

pidgeot: level 54
defog
fly
mirror move
air slash
he is just for base support

gabite:lv 26
sand tomb
dragon rage
sand storm
take down
im gonna raise him and use him for dragon and fire pokemon

kingler:level55
rock smash
crab hammer
brine
surf
he will help with the fire but is mostly for support

dugtrio:leve 56
mud bomb
slash
earthquake
fissure
he is going to the fourth person and is for support

Weepingbell:level 52
gastro acid
razor leaf
slam
cut
he goes down pretty easy but can poison

Infernape looks okay, but Flame Wheel's pretty weak, and having Blast Burn is never good (it's not worth the turn of vulnerability); maybe throw in Fire Blast and Close Combat.

Pidgeot's pretty lame; Defog does literally nothing, since as far as I know no member of the E4 can boost evasion. If you want Pidgeot for support, put Tailwind down there; it'll boost your whole team's speed for five turns, even when you switch out. Featherdance can help cripple powerful attackers and allow your team to absorb their hits better, and Roost lets Pidgeot recover health so he can keep helping the team. Mirror Move might work if it outspeeds whatever you're facing, so you can wait for them to use a powerful attack, then hit them back for an OHKO. I think. Anyway, use your Poketch happiness checker to check Pidgeot's happiness; if it's two big hearts, teach it Return, because it becomes pretty damn powerful.

Gabite... Sand Tomb sucks. End. Earthquake somewhere on there. Dragon Claw is way better than Dragon Rage. Sandstorm may work to cancel out Flint's Sunny Day and weaken his Fighting-type moves. Take Down's weak and does recoil damage; ditch it for Fire Fang or something. Also, and this goes without saying, level the hell out of Gabite. Get it to evolve into Garchomp and you're set, if you have the right moveset.

On Kingler, Brine and Surf are pathetic. It's pointless to have three moves of the same type, and Brine and Surf are weaker as they use his special attack stat rather than attack. Keep Crabhammer, replace Brine and Surf with something else, preferably a different type than Water. Rock Smash is just overall horrible, go for Brick Break instead. I think Kingler learns that? I dunno.

Dugtrio is okay, but level him up a bit if you keep Fissure, because right now the only thing it'll hit are Aaron's Pokemon, and most of them are flying, so they're immune to it anyway. Also get rid of Mud Bomb.

Go underground, get a Leaf Stone, and evolve Weepinbell into Victreebel. Gastro Acid doesn't really help much because none of the E4's abilities are especially damning. Except maybe Bertha's Sand Stream, but by the time Hippowdon comes out, it's already too late. Slam and Cut are the damning "two moves of one type" thing, so get rid of them. You want as much type coverage as possible - the words "It's super effective!" are the best thing you can possibly see. Replace Gastro Acid with Sunny Day, and Razor Leaf with Solarbeam; not only do you double your speed, you make Solarbeam an instant use move. It can also help boost Infernape's Fire-type moves. Replace Slam and Cut with some sort of status moves, like Sleep Powder, and another attacking move. Sludge Bomb's a possibility.

Last edited:
^ What he said, mostly. I'd recommend Staraptor over Pidgeot. Close Combat and Brave Bird are incredibly useful - Brave Bird can OHKO Cynthia's Roserade. You can just stick roost there for recovery and a filler move. Return maybe. Overall, Kingler's movepool is terrible. I'd give it Metal Claw over Brine and Protect over Surf. metal claw isn't so good, so pick something else if you want. Stomp maybe. For Weepinbell, cut is useless. Only good for cutting trees. What JT said, i suppose.

Surprisingy enough, I beat and am gonna beat the elite four with another team:
First team:

Turtwig-
Giga drain
Mega drain
Crunch
Leaf storm
Beats Berta's ass.

Monferno(Didnt wanna evolve)-
Fire wheel
Flame blitz
Close combat
Rock climb

Rampardos-
Head smash
Flametrower
Zen headbutt
that dark glove attack..good for 2vs2 battles.

Staraptor(!)-
Fly
Brave bird
Aerial ace
Close combat

Well, thats not the whole team, but this bunch can really kick butts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom