• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Twilight Water

Mad MOAI

Actually more of a harmour fan
Name suggested by Darksong AND a friend of mine. She's so good, she can think up titles in her sleep!

Anyway, this is a plotless Pokemon roleplay. Feel free to make up your own plots. To clear this up, you are a Pokemon, and there are no humans. It takes place on the shore of some random continent.

Rules
1. No godmoding (or perfect characters, for that matter)
2. No powerplaying
3. Keep it PG (no cussing, etc)
4. No perfect characters
5. I have experience with plotless RPs but none of starting them
6. So don't snap at me, 'k?
7. This is not an illiterate RP, so post at least one line, okay?
8. Three sentences for Personality, please.
9. Some rules are pointless, others are not.
10. No character limit, but I'd prefer if you started with just one or two.

Form

Name:
Species:
Personality:
Other:

My Character Here

Name: Spearkey "The Woodpecker"
Species: Spearow
Personality: Spearkey is rather irritable and impatient. As well as this, he always acts confused, but at the same time he's calm and has a good sense of humor. Spearkey likes to fight and fly, and his favorite pastime is controlling his pecking aim on trees. This is where he got his nickname "the Woodpecker."
Other:

--

Spearkey / Spearow (M) / Cryptica
Big Z / Zangoose (M) / Mehwmew
Eddany / Weavile (F) / MewxCharmeleonxEevee
Shadow Moon / Umbreon (F) / Darksong
Sol / Luxray (M) / Darksong
Glenn / Sableye (M) / Blastoise428
Vince / Turtwig (M) / Blastoise428
Scar / Umbreon (M) / Mewtwo
Lucky / Lucario (M) / Mewtwo
Blade / Scyther (F) / Gakidou
Grin / Gengar (F) / Gakidou
Lars / Turtwig (M) / Twiggy for victory
Ace / Cranidos (M) / Twiggy for victory
Avira / Roserade (F) / Dragon
Nera / Grovyle (F) / Dragon

Is it just me, or do the three people on the top of the list have only one character? :V

Last edited:
Name:Big Z
Species:Zangoose
Personality:Usually Loud and Energetic, Almost always running around. loves to fight. friendly or other. um... Instead of the red shape on his ear and eye, it is green, so he doesn't stand out as much when he is hiding.

Other:

Big Z/ Zangoose (M)/ Mehwmew

Last edited:
Name: Eddany
Species: Weavile
Personality: Blunt and sarcastic, she's pessimistic and could be considered a 'bully'. She has a fear of water and Water-type Pokemon(though she covers it by saying it's/they're annoying). Her favorite 'activity' is swinging from tree branches with her claws.
Other: She has the ability of predicting disasters that appear to her in dreams. She also has blue-green eyes.

Eddany/ Weavile(F)/ MewXCharmeleonXEevee

Name: Shadow Moon
Species: Umbreon
Personality: Overall, it's very hard for her to control her temper. Sometimes just called Moon for short, she has high tolerance for others if they don't annoy her. She prefers to stay in groups but doesn't mind being alone. Overall, she is somewhat serious, although she does laugh a lot if you get to her right.
Other:

Name: Sol
Species: Luxray
Personality: The first thing you notice: Sol is extremely serious. He can be rude at times but also has a good mind. He tends to judge people a little, but not to the point where most notice it all the time.
Other:

I got my first few posts planned out, so don't worry about disorganization.

All accepted. But you don't have to put the name / species / user in your form, that's for listing people ;)

We should probably start now, but we'll keep this open! (don't want anyone to lose their ideas)

I'd join, but I would like to ask you something first. The rules say that this isn't an illiterate RP, but it feels that Mehwmew isn't very literate. (Take no offence, please.) He powerplayed, his grammar isn't very good, and he even made a post that was less than one line. Is there a reason you let him join?

O.O;;

hard not to.

and I'm sorry i've never RP'd before...
*sigh*

Yeah, but I'm not sure why she put those rules if she's going to let people break them.

Also:
- Okay, so you might be a really awful roleplayer and writer in general. That's completely okay! Everyone sucked at some point or another and you're probably going to improve at least a bit eventually. HOWEVER! Do everyone a favour and at least try not to suck. Decent spelling and grammar is expected. Understanding how to punctuate your sentences at least mostly correctly is expected and you should DO THIS. No, really! People are more likely to not get pissed off at you if your writing sucks but you're obviously trying to put some effort into it. People do not tend to want to play with people whose playing styles really irritate them, but the difference in leeway between "Foo jumped up and down, then used Bar. 'I hate everything,' Foo said." and "foo jumped up and down then used bar. i hate everything foo said" is huge..

what do you mean i'm illiterate?

please specify your reasons

oh, cause i don't puncuate right or something completely randomly stupid like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you don't know what an RPer is like 'til you let them join, do you? :) Well, I was thinking about doing something with that rule because it's instinct to put it there, but I haven't decided what to do with it yet.

mehwmew said:
...Why the fuck am I illiterate?
Mehwmew has a potty mouth. :o
Well, you don't know what an RPer is like 'til you let them join, do you? :)
Yeah, but I think you should have guessed by his join sheet. You could have told him to redo it and let him join when he gets it right. But it's your first, as you've said, so I guess it's not a big deal.
Well, I was thinking about doing something with that rule because it's instinct to put it there, but I haven't decided what to do with it yet.
I wouldn't know either. :p

Name: Glenn
Species: Sableye
Personality: Glenn is a quiet old man, preferring to watch and listen. He occasionally dispenses advice at random, and would play a game he learned from the humans called 'chess' if he could teach anyone.. If he takes a shine to you, who knows what secrets he might tell you!
Other: He carries around a wooden cane a lot of the time.

Name: Vince
Species: Turtwig
Personality: Vince is a bit of a klutz, falling over and breaking things at times. He is, nevertheless, a likeable fellow, if you're lucky enough not to gain multiple injuries when you meet him.

sorry Chucho, but I WILL play how ever i want... Darksong is right, and very inspiring.

Last edited:
Don't worry, no one's perfect, mehwmew. :) I actually forgot about that rule, but

1. I usually type more than that, but sometimes it's hard for me as well. Don't worry.

2. I'm not the one who started this thread, so I often forget rules and subconsciously follow them.

Everyone's their own RPer. Meaning, we're unique and you can join any RP that fits your style. Me? I used to join everything, but now that I'm almost always out of ideas for characters, I'm careful. You can do whatever you want when it comes to joining RPs.

Name: Scar
Species: Umbreon
Personality: He loves to fight, and isn't very compassionate. He kills for no other reason but to kill at times. He does, however, have a soft side, but it is very small, and hard to get out.
Other: Is always fighting with Lucky. Has a crush on Shadow Moon, but wont't admit it.

Name: Lucky
Species: Lucario
Personality: He is like the excact opposite of Scar; very caring. His fighting strategy is "Be evasive. Then attack when opponent is tired." He also knows a lot of medical skills, so he can help those injured.
Other: Fights with Scar alot. Has a crush on Eddany, but won't admit it.

Back
Top Bottom