• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Planned Teams For SS/HG?

Thorne

It's feeding time
Yeah, pretty much, there was a thread for Platinum, so why not one for Soul Silver and Heart Gold?

Anyway, I know five I'll use, and then the last one I have no clue, might send one over from Platinum or something.
But the team I know I'll have is the following:
TyphlosionBellossomSlowkingMukGranbull

meganium
126.png
ampharoshonchkrowgyarados
if you can't evolve murkrow i'll keep it as murkrow... or just hax lol
and i'm gonna totally hax a shiny magamar because look at how fabulous it is
i can't decide on a water type but i think i might use gyarados... i dunno
no 6th party member, i like hm slave space

hey PG what's the betting all of JJHF gets a Booberface :B

meganiumhonchkrowursaringazumarillmagmortarelectabuzz
This is for my SS team... haxed obv

my HG team is p. much undecided besides Typhlosion

Whatever I find early in the game. It'd be nice to have a Mareep in there too.

Erm, I'm pretty sure I'll be picking Cyndaquil for a starter, and I'll be keeping Typhlosion in my team for at least quite a long while - and if I don't choose Cyndaquil, I'll be using a Chikorita - and I've been thinking about getting a Girafarig to see how I like using it, because I've never had one in a main team before. I'm not sure what my proper main team'll be, though. I might use a Rapidash seeing as I love them, and I'm pretty sure I'll be using an Eeveelution in my main team. It might be an Espeon, seeing as I had an Espeon on my Silver version who I adored, although I'm not exactly trying to recreate my old Silver version - it'd just be kind of nice. Any Eeveelution apart from Glaceon or Leafeon, both of which I've recently or recently-ish used in my main teams in games, anyway.

I'll probably be tempted to use the red Gyarados, because I love Gyarados - I've been aware of how awesome I find them ever since training my beloved Gyarados on Diamond - and the red colour'll be interesting to see. And ages ago I had this dream of making a team of dragons; this was when I was about nine, but hey, perhaps I'll look into that for the fun of it. Especially if we get some sort of Battle Frontier in the game, although I realise that even with the versatile type advantages a team of various Dragon-types and Pokémon that resemble dragons could give me, I might face a lot of difficult battles when I'm up against Pokémon with movesets that include moves which are super effective against dragons and a lot of other types.

I can't really make a decision right now; but this is the general idea.
Typhlosion (FAVORITE FIRE STARTER WOOT)
Honchkrow / Pidgeot (Honchkrow if I can get Murkrow early in the game, otherwise Pidgeot, since I haven't had one forever D:)
Gligar (:D I don't know if I'll even evolve it)
Mantine / Slowbro (I've never had a Mantine before, and a Slowpoke was my first Pokemon to ever have PokeRus, so Slowbro for nostalgia)

I usually like to limit my team to around four Pokemon, since that makes training a lot easier.

I dunno... Definatly an Umbreon and Espeon, i don't usually use legendarys so probably a Houndour and Zangoose and Absol, it seems like a animalistic kinda team.

If Chikorita:
MeganiumHoundoomSlowkingAmpharosSkarmoryHeracross

If Cyndaquil:
TyphlosionVictreebelLanturnUmbreonSkarmoryHeracross

If Totodile:
FeraligatrVictreebelHoundoomAmpharosSkarmoryHeracross

In other words, I have no idea.

I'm gonna try for something semi-balanced this time. (*gasp*) And just for fun, I'm only gonna use Pokemon introduced in GSC.

Feraligatr Jumpluff Houndoom Ariados Girafarig And of course, the HM slave Furret

A certain member on another site turned me off Typhlosion completly... which doesn't matter as I was going to choose Totodile anyway

The Red Gyarados is probably going to end up a member of my team when I get it out of tradition, and I sure as hell am going to find some way to get me a Charizard way before I'm supposed to have one

hmm.

Meganium-f
Rosemary - Female

persian
Edward - Male

Umbreon
Rinna - Female

Quagsire
Splish - Male

Ampharos
Sparkle - Female

Aerodactyl
Razor - Male

The Aero is a maybe - I've been wanting to use one for a while now, I just don't know if I'll be able to get one. The nickname is a maybe too.

I'm not using my starter in my final team. I like all three GSC starters too much to choose. I'll just pick one at random and put it in the box as soon as I get another Pokemon.

211m.png

229m.png

212m.png

178m.png

168m.png

AND

250m.png

My Crystal team: Typhlosion, Noctowl, Golem, Ampharos (in Crystal this was an Odd Egg Electabuzz), Espeon (bred from Bill's Eevee) and Lapras. I'm going to start with Totodile or Chikorita in whichever game I don't use the above team in and... I really don't know what I'll put into that team. :/

All I know is that I'm picking Totodile. I want to find a good pokémon to cover its weaknesses, but man am I having a tough time deciding.

Back
Top Bottom