• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Some Sprites

ninechu.png

This one is my favorite the bunch.

Maybe add another tail behind him, so you don't have so much white space between the tail and the head.

Don't have such a dark outline around the head. Having a lighter outline would make it look like it's fading into the mist.
What was that term again...dither? Don't be afraid to dither either to get that effect, just don't over do it. Look at old Gold/Silver/Crystal sprites for examples of ditherings.

*Been such a long while since I used such terms* XD;

Actually, be careful how much you dither. There's a reason that there's more dithering on GSC sprites and not on RSE or DPPt sprites, and that's because dithering doesn't look as professional. On Gastly's smoke, dithering works well, but other than cases like that, I'd say it's best to avoid dithering except in very small doses.

There's a couple of problems with the Marill/Kingler; the primary one is that it's very unbalanced. Imagine that Pokémon trying to walk; its tail would never support the weight of that claw, and it would tip over onto its side with one Kingler claw and one Marill hand. Anatomical issues aside, there's a few funny light pixels in its face that seem out of place, and some of the outlines look shabby.

The Kirlia sprite could use some lighter outlines on its arms and ears; the black is very harsh. The arms don't seem to fit all that well, either.

I think what you should do is practice putting Pokémon together that are around the same size and body shape, so you can get used to fitting parts together realistically. =) How about an Eevee/Electrike splice?

Nate said:
Don't be afraid to dither either to get that effect, just don't over do it.
Just thought I'd point out that I did mention that one shouldn't over do it. :P

Instead of copy-and-pasting the sprite, Print Screen the whole page, paste it into a seperate Paint, select the sprite and c/p that into it's own Paint. Takes a while but it works. :B

Back
Top Bottom