• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Looking for help from fairly successful webmasters...

Ryan the Terrible

Well, I started a Nintendo website quite awhile ago. (Started on January 7th, 2008.) In a year and a half, it still hasn't really taken off. And I know exactly why: there are hardly any original pages. I really can't think of very many ideas, and I don't know why. I guess it's just because I don't know how to get inspired.

So, I'm asking you as webmasters, how do you get inspired for new pages and ideas for your website?

I turn on some of my favorite music, sit back, and wonder.

It seems that most original pages in the fandom are Tutorials. If you know of something that doesn't show up on most websites, and you didn't know when you first started webmastering, write a page about it.

'least, that what I do.

You have to be really good at that for it to work, though, and very few people are.

I turn on some of my favorite music, sit back, and wonder.

It seems that most original pages in the fandom are Tutorials. If you know of something that doesn't show up on most websites, and you didn't know when you first started webmastering, write a page about it.

'least, that what I do.

I'm not good at tutorials really, but turning on music and just thinking seems like a good way to get ideas. Thanks! ^^

You have to be really good at that for it to work, though, and very few people are.

Not sure what you're referring to there. :unsure:

In 2009, most of the really simple things have already been done. The first Pokemon fansites in 1999 and 2000 didn't have this problem, because they were the first. You'll have to dig deep to find something new and original.

I can't really suggest anything, of course.

In 2009, most of the really simple things have already been done. The first Pokemon fansites in 1999 and 2000 didn't have this problem, because they were the first. You'll have to dig deep to find something new and original.

I can't really suggest anything, of course.

I know, it won't be easy. But with new games I'm going to try to think up new content, and hopefully all will go well.

Your own theories, opinions, and in-depth reviews are always a good touch. =D

Thanks for the tip. :grin:

My ideas tend to come when I need or want some information and can't seem to find it anywhere, or at least not presented to my satisfaction.

Back
Top Bottom