• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Because I don't have Photoshop.

For proportions, the hips should be alittle less wide than the shoulders, and then curves into the legs from here. In other words, the legs need to be much more fleshed out. The arms could use some fleshing out too.

But that's just my opinion.

Why didn't you make the whole thing in GIMP?

Other than that, make the arms and legs thicker. Spend some more time on shading, and make the hair less like a shredded blanket.

Nose?

Also, her left arm (our right) should have some foreshortening.

The background looks good, but trees don't usually have branches that wide.

How do you make the "edge" color of the lines match the actual color before you fill it in? I have to use extra thick lines and then blur it, and even then it doesn't look that good :<

I'd like to think that I'm alright I'm alright at using image editors to make decent lineart (see this, using photoshop with vector lines but it's much the same in GIMP)

But how did you go about making cool abstract backgrounds? I've never really done anything with texture before that's actually come out well

The whole background was made with various brushes (barring the sunlight effect). The tree used a gradient... I forget which...

Thanks for the crit guys, I need to practice more...

Back
Top Bottom