• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress The New Life

Mad MOAI

Actually more of a harmour fan
I feel like this is this story's theme song right now. Watch it before reading! (movie rated G by me)

Also, please read The Messenger before reading this. It'll make it easier to understand, not to mention prevent spoilers.

And yes, in this story I call the character a "he" and in the first one I call him an "it." This is because he has discovered his identity, like in the end of the first story.

The New Life

Ikol Kodonami ran through the streets of the city. No longer an outsider, his spirits were lifted by this fact, not taking himself as something to be gone after, but someone to get used to.
But that didn't mean that people still weren't after him. Yes, there were still others who were trying to go after him, and he would simply escape them instead of kill them like before. Most humans treated Ikol as if he were one of them. He could go to places normally crowded, and seemingly go by unnoticed. Of course, Ikol didn't use human money, but repaid things in doing good for those who were friendly to him. He still caught and ate prey, and picked fruits. He never went to any stores or hotels; he wasn't comfortable in places like that, where he had to pay with human money.
Ikol was on the outskirts of the city now, looking for food in the forest at the other end. He picked a few berries that he was sure were non-poisonous and (what else) ate them. He also managed to do a cat-like hunting-and-eating of a woodmouse. After a few more berries, Ikol was no longer hungry. He dashed back to the city, to his old, abandoned house that he had found. The Clawblade-human had lived in the house before, and was planning to rebuild it. He would never forget because of the ruby necklace he wore. He was careful not to adapt to human society too much, otherwise there might be problems.
Ikol had tossed the televisions and radio, which were useless to him. He had designed the interior to have rounded "corners," like a cave.

((Please wait while I get some ideas...))

Last edited:
The two things that are the most noticeable, and annoying, is that there are no double spaces to help the readers have a bette time reading, and that its so short. From the shortness actually, it's hard to measure anything worth critiquing on.

Although, I can tell there's some improvement from your last fic, The Messengers (although, with the limited amount of story there is here, it's hard to tell).

Keep on improving.

The two things that are the most noticeable, and annoying, is that there are no double spaces to help the readers have a bette time reading, and that its so short. From the shortness actually, it's hard to measure anything worth critiquing on.

Although, I can tell there's some improvement from your last fic, The Messengers (although, with the limited amount of story there is here, it's hard to tell).

Keep on improving.

Okay, I'll do the double spacing. Thanks. And I'll continue the story. Tomorrow morning maybe? I'm just about to go to bed now, so... yeah. Thanks for the critique.

Back
Top Bottom