• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you do when spriting?

Yarnchu

Yarn is comfy and easy to wear
(One thing first: if this belongs elsewhere, then I'll ask for it to be moved. But for now, it'll go here.)

Basically what the title says. When you sprite, do you have a habit? It could be biting your nails to chewing gum to listening to music.

I like to sip down a cup of ice tea while spriting. I don't know why, but I just do.

I just focus on staring at the screen, really. Well, I do tend to do something else at the same time, seeing as I'm a multitasker extraordinaire, but that can be pretty much anything.

I listen to music and drown everything out.

Usually the music dictates what I'm gonna make.

I launch Paint, and then depending on what type of sprite I'm working on, I may or may not have the internet open. If it's a request or I have a reference, I'll be flicking back and forth to the internet page and make sure I get it right.

Eating? Uh, I sometimes have a snack by my side at any point when I'm using the computer. It can be anything from soup to fruit to ice cream. :3

I hardly ever listen to music while using the internet, at least on the computer I sprite with. Strange but true.

Go on last fm to play my playlist, open paint...and randomly choose pokemon from the sprite generator.

I don't listen to music or anything, I just open paint, paste what I'm going to be making in it, then I Copy/Paste like crazy. I have about twenty copies of each version of each Pokémon before I begin...don't ask me why.

Well, I tend to stare at the screen and be like, "I MUST FINSH THIS SPRITE." And if someone disturbs me, I get reeeeeeeeeeeally annoyed.

This may be weird, but I suck on my left thumb. Usually when I've finished spriting, my thumb looks like your toes do when you get out of the pool.

I...sprite? I dunno. Usually I scan through pe2k's resource till I get an idea.

Back when I used to sprite, I had to make sure I had some form of music playing, and tons of conversation windows open. That way, when I was lagging in an idea, I would just talk to a friend or two, to get my mind off the sprite for a while.

I'm almost always talking to at least one person on AIM when I'm spriting, and it's almost impossible for me to sprite without listening to music.

What I do while spriting varies considerably. I'm normally also running two or three forums, along with a Google search or Youtube video or two. I tend to do my sprite in bursts - F5ing the forums to no avail and eventually just concentrating on the spriting. Two point five sprites later - always - there's lots of activity everywhere, so I forget the sprite for a good hour or more. If it's a request, I don't do that. I just forget everything else and sprite.

I stick my thumb in my mouth when I'm thinking. I think when I sprite. Does that count?

Results of mindless spriting don't always turn out so well, so thinking usually puts you ahead of the game. 8D

I've been addicted to "XD" for as long as I've talked to REP/David/Tiggy. People have complained. 8D It's been give-or-take, five years. XD;

I've been addicted to "XD" for as long as I've talked to REP/David/Tiggy. People have complained. 8D It's been give-or-take, five years. XD;

I picked it up off my age-old online friend, Ads. We don't talk any more. We didn't fall out, we just...don't talk any more. We used to be inseperable. *Reminiscent nod.*

How to sprite: RainbowRayquaza style!

1. Make a giant canvas on paint.
2. Find/generate the sprites.
3. Make sure all the black and white aren't the default ones.
4. Make lots of copies of the sprites you need.
5. Randomly paste other cool sprites you don't need but 'may be useful'. These usually just sit around doing nothing, but they're still important.
6. Make the sprite you wanted in the first place. Don't forget to mess about with a few of the extras.
7. Copy the created sprite into a new canvas and save it.
8. Mess about even more. Have pretend battles with some extra sprites, using the spray can for fire and the likes.
9. Save the giant canvas full of rubbish because you 'might need it later'.
10. (optional) Open the main sprite in the animation maker to transparentise it.

My spriting is very organised :D

Okay, I hum the Caramelldansen song while spriting. *brick'd*

Dancen sani hos,
Klappa ina hende
Gór som vi gór,
Tekuro stego beste
Lis nao lai,
Nisa inti quansen,
Na ani hai
Di Caramelldansen!

Ooh, ooh, ooh au-a!
Ooh, ooh, ooh au-a, ao!