• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nightmare Fuel

I have a story!

Politoed was a cute Pokemon, in my opinion, which is why I decided to use it in Stadium 2. Looking through its moves, I saw that it had Perish Song. Intrigued, I tried it out and was creeped out by the sudden dark music and red orb, and immediately turned off the game.

I hate Perish Song.

I found "Electric Soldier Porygon" creepy.

Then again, I was listening to Tubular Bells at the time, so yeah.

Because i am a freak, and enjoy learning about this stuff, and reading peoples opinions on them, i not only have read the pokemon section, but decided to delve into Last Note Nightmare. And while the Pokemon stuff is as freaky as hell, and has some great stuff for fanfics (and i hightailed the hell out of that damned tower when the marowak ghost spoke) but i don't think it holds a candle (if anyone knows where this phrase came from, i would love to know) to the music stuff.

I expected the beetles stuff, and i figured that they would have something from Pretty Odd, since it's based on the beetles style, but god that freaked me out. I want to take the disk out of my computer now. (i know several people hate it, shut up, i like it)

On the note of music (no pun intended, honest), i don't leave the music on when i go into freaky places in the games. A lot of it has this undertone that gives me a headache, (noo! it really is EVIL!!) not to mention the fact that it really is creepy. Specally a lot of stuff in the old games.

I REFUSE TO CLICK!
If I go into that wiki, I'll be stuck there for hours before I can finally wrench myself away ;-;

Hell yeah. It doesn't help that every single word is another link.

Yeah I know what you mean. -_- I managed to click the link without clicking any links in the text, (first time yay) and I was kinda creeped out by how many people were creeped out by Pokémon... like the mansion place in DP? Really... That has to be the stupidest TV Tropes wiki page I've ever seen. =/

The one time Pokémon has scared the hell out of me was when I was battling my cousin on Gold and the link cable sort of half fell out. I had a Feraligatr, he had a Scizor. I used Surf normally. Then, when the cable started to fall out, I used Surf again, but my Feraligatr only used it on my game; on his it still acted like I hadn't done anything. This meant his Scizor fainted on my game, but not on his. After a moment of puzzled waiting, we realized the link cable was half out and pushed it back in. Then, on my game, he sent out this horrible slightly glitchy-looking pink Butterfree named PSN. It was my first experience with any sort of glitch in the Pokémon games, save the cloning glitch. I was really creeped out.

Morrowind has WAAAYY more nightmare fuel than pokemon. Ash Ghouls...With their creepy snouts and guttural grunting sounds...And ReDead from TLoZ...Oh God!

And ReDead from TLoZ...Oh God!

I was afraid to go into the marketplace as an adult in OoT for a really long time when I was little. I made my dad get the Sun Song for me. :s

Missingno. scared me when I was younger. Some older kid told me about him and said it'd delete my game if I saw him. All I remembered about his directions was that he said I had to surf to find Missingno., so I like never surfed because I didn't want my game deleted. xD

I was also afraid of Perish Song.

And of course I had to be lying in bed late at night in a house other than my own with all the lights off the first time I went into the Old Chateau. I was even lucky enough to see both ghosts. D:

The Torn World was creepy, but in a completely awesome way. It probably would have scared me if I were younger.

The only time Pokémon has ever freaked me out is in mystery dungeon, when Darkrai tries to convince you and your partner to basically kill yourselves. WHAT.

Although when I first played Pokémon I was pretty young, so I'm nearly sure that a couple of things might have freaked me out then.

Oh god, the ReDead basically rape Link in OoT. The first time I saw a Redead was in Melee, so when one did that to my friend when he was playing OoT....well, I was laughing and became horrified at the same time.

Before this I just ignored all this stuff. I will NEVER go into the Old Chateau ever again.

And to think I trained Murkrow there. ;_;

I think they made the Old Chateau a good EV training spot on purpose, just to piss us all off.

That said, I go there all the time when I need some Special Attack. :V

...during the day, of course.

in other news: people who edit TV tropes are enormous pussies/wimps/pansies/sissies/wusses/what have you.

yeah. Gengar is pretty fucking terrifying. i shit my pants every night thinking about GENGAR. what a scary monster. (also check out the Nightmare Fuel Unleaded - Music page. yeah, sure, TV Tropes. the Beatles are pretty scary! the Decemberists terrify me whenever I listen to them. sure.)

I picked up Twilight Princess again, and has anyone else noticed how freaking terrfying the Shadow Beasts sound when they use that call to revive their fallen bretheren? It's the most ungodly screech I have ever heard...

As for Pokemon, any human-looking Pokemon freak me out. I will never, EVER train a Mr. Mime or Jynx, EVER.

I picked up Twilight Princess again, and has anyone else noticed how freaking terrfying the Shadow Beasts sound when they use that call to revive their fallen bretheren? It's the most ungodly screech I have ever heard...

As for Pokemon, any human-looking Pokemon freak me out. I will never, EVER train a Mr. Mime or Jynx, EVER.

I certainly hope this do not apply for the Ralts line, because they're too awesome to be scared of.

I'm not really scared of anything from Pokémon, some other games turn me off at times, thought.

Cursed Leorina's roar is miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiindfuck. D:

Back
Top Bottom