• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Scariest Bosses?

Karkat Vantas

Virile God-Snake Tower of Masculinity
Are there any characters in videogames that plain outright scare the crap out of you?

For me, the creepiest final boss ever is Marx Soul from Kirby Super Star Ultra. He's the tenth opponent in the True Arena (he comes after Masked Dedede, Wham Bam Jewel, and Galacta Knight). Marx was already scary. Marx Soul is outright demented. That cutscene before you fight him gave me nightmares. Also, he's BRUTAL without Hammer/Plasma.

Anyone else?

Giygas, Giygas, Giygas. I've never even played that game, I've only ever seen two YouTube videos of a person fighting him... "I feel g o o d..." *shudders*

^What she said!

The first part is just a normal image of a final boss, but then the image changes into what I find resembles a ghostly soul wailing, which in turn distorts and splits itself continuously. And if you look closely— and I mean REAL closely— you can even see the image of a fetus! When I first spotted that, it creeped the hell outta me! O.O
And the text that appears during the final battle doesn't help either; Giygas's dialogue came from a graphic rape scene from a movie that Shigesato Itoi accidentally saw when he was a kid. O.O

^What she said!

And the text that appears during the final battle doesn't help either; Giygas's dialogue came from a graphic rape scene from a movie that Shigesato Itoi accidentally saw when he was a kid. O.O

Actually, I once read that the scene he actually saw was a murder scene, he was just so little that his memory is fuzzy. The dialogue is based on what rape victims have been reported saying during the crime and inspired from that memory, however... and it is all still creepy.

Are there any characters in videogames that plain outright scare the crap out of you?

For me, the creepiest final boss ever is Marx Soul from Kirby Super Star Ultra. He's the tenth opponent in the True Arena (he comes after Masked Dedede, Wham Bam Jewel, and Galacta Knight). Marx was already scary. Marx Soul is outright demented. That cutscene before you fight him gave me nightmares. Also, he's BRUTAL without Hammer/Plasma.

Anyone else?

Heh, guess you haven't played Kirby's Dreamland 3. The final boss tears out his friggin eye with some blood(yeah, in a Kirby game)flying out. He then shoots blood as an attack. Suggest you go beat KD3 before reading that.

Giygas....you cannot comprehend the true form of his attack...

I know the first time i fought him i thought he was horrifieing(did i spell that right?)any way i reckon the scariest boss i've ever fought would be beast ganon from ocarina of time, but the fact i was 8 probably had something to do with it........

I did a thread similar to this, but whatever.

I'd like to say that Nightmare from Metroid Fusion is a bit creepy, he's a giant ghostly robot-thing who begins crying green goo when he takes s fair bit of damage, after a while his helm blows up and you get to see it's actually a part of his face. You really have to see to understand.

Verdugo from RE4, Adam the Chainsaw Clown from Dead Rising, aaand I'm too lazy to think of any other ones.

SNES. It's available on VC, as well.

I didn't find Zero as scary in KD3 as he was in
Kirby 64, as Zero Two. He cries blood.

Yeah, but he never visibly does it in game(aside from a piece of art in the credits). If he had it would probably send little Kirby fans running away screaming in terror.

I did a thread similar to this, but whatever.

I'd like to say that Nightmare from Metroid Fusion is a bit creepy, he's a giant ghostly robot-thing who begins crying green goo when he takes s fair bit of damage, after a while his helm blows up and you get to see it's actually a part of his face. You really have to see to understand.

You think Nightmare's scarier than the SA-X? Nightmare's just a bit creepy, that's all.
The SA-X on the other hand, is a huge spanner in the works whenever it turns up. You can't harm it and you're forced to hide whenever it shows up, not to mention you're forced to flee from it a few times, all of which can be rather scary (especially if you're playing late at night with headphones on, like I was).
And then when you finally get to fight it, you're in for a struggle. On the first time through, the attack pattern is tricky to master, considering it has everything you have, plus the Ice Beam. Then, when you think you've defeated it, it mutates into a gigantic monster with an ear-splitting scream.

You think Nightmare's scarier than the SA-X? Nightmare's just a bit creepy, that's all.
The SA-X on the other hand, is a huge spanner in the works whenever it turns up. You can't harm it and you're forced to hide whenever it shows up, not to mention you're forced to flee from it a few times, all of which can be rather scary (especially if you're playing late at night with headphones on, like I was).
And then when you finally get to fight it, you're in for a struggle. On the first time through, the attack pattern is tricky to master, considering it has everything you have, plus the Ice Beam. Then, when you think you've defeated it, it mutates into a gigantic monster with an ear-splitting scream.

You do have a point there, but more then anything, I think the situation itself was the scary part.

And the monster-form was just freaky, really.

Cursed Leorina was kinda creepy. She is a pretty normal-looking person but transforms into a bird-like eyeless monstrosity with it's arms tied together and a way too small pair of fairy-like wings. Not to mention her scream, which begins like something you'd except from a giant monster, but it goes higher in pitch until it resembles a woman screaming.

The battle and the theme song is bloody epic, thought.

Ehhh... Beast Form Ganon is pretty freaky because its all boar like (I hate animals with snouts and trunks..)... And Dagoth Gares from Morrowind. Ash ghouls.... Ugh....

Okay, thanks to dad playing Echoes of Time, I can easily say that
the monster that appears from Veriaulde after he reacts to the hero's crystal is FREAKY. And not just how it looks, wither. *shudders*

Back
Top Bottom