• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leaders

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
We all have a favorite.

Mine would have to be Blaine. Badass shades, Robotnik stache and he trains Fire-types. I can imagine him atop the Mansion just laughing maniacally for no reason and still be taken seriously.

Flannery ain't got nothing on him. Nor Flint.

Fantina, to begin with her choice of Pokémon is fantastic, she have a fun personality and wacky hair.

What's not to like?

If the Elite Four count, Karen. She is a Dark-type user, my favorite type, and believes in winning with your favorites, not just with the strongest Pokemon, which is something I firmly stand by. Sidney is a dork. Oh, and she has a Houndoom! =D

Leader-wise, either Morty or Fantina. Ghost Pokemon rule! Fantina may have the edge because she uses a Mismagius, another one of my favorites. Why do they refuse to make a Dark Gym?

Can we say which Leaders we hate? Here's mine: WHITNEY AND HER FUCKING MILTANK. I'm playing through Crystal again and just reached Goldenrod. I am dreading that battle.

Last edited:
But he has Absol. And Cacturne. And Shiftry. Which automatically makes him awesome IMO.
As glitchedgamer mentioned, he hasn't got a Houndoom. Karen, however, does and that makes her awesome.

Whitney's easy. I remember taking her out with a Krabby with Rock Smash. Just raise attacks, and level it up to 25. Always be 5 levels higher than the Gym.

Nowadays, Whitney isn't really a problem, but she is still a decent challenge. I think most of us remember being 7 years old and just being decimated by Miltank. I plan on just using a Quagsire to absorb Rollout when I battle her in my Crystal replay. Miltank was the first Pokemon I fought with a recovery move, and it pissed me off. That, and my only useable Pokemon was Quilava...freakin' Rollout...

Can't wait to kick her ass in the 4th Generation...

And Houndoom >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Absol. Karen wins.

Probably Lt. Surge for me, he's the only leader I've considered to be kinda badass, what with the paralyzing people during war and whatnot.

I always thought Sabrina was pretty cool. Maybe it was the fact that I watched that episode years back and the whole doll thing seemed prety awesome, maybe because...well, I had trouble just finding her in Leafgreen, dunno.

But yeah, reading the Special manga, she just seems more badass imo.

Perhaps that she looks like a man.

I have to agree with Grim here; Blaine is probably my favourite gym leader.

No you.

Also, Absol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Houndoom, all other opinions denied.

Slartibartfast said:
Whitney is evil.
Rumor has it that she cries tears of blood.

I have to say that, if Champions count, Cynthia is the best because she's hot and she actually provides a challenge.

For gym leaders, I have to say that Claire is definitely the best, even though she has three of the same Pokemon and is kinda weak, I still like her.

Back
Top Bottom