• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

New Pokemon Crater?

brandman

^ pretty amazing
Well, I was about to go on the pokemon official site and I saw in the suggestions the pokemon crater. I do every time except this time, I clicked it. You know, out of nostalgia of just finding the page with URL not found. But, this time, I found a new one! I didn't sign up not knowing what it was, but do any of you guys know what it is? Is it really, a re-make of the pokemon crater? The link's here.

I've heard it is.
I'M NOT PLAYING IT UNTIL I GET MY LEVEL 100 INFERNAPE BACK SO-

I might sign up again.

Haha! Tell me about it. I had a level 100 Charizard and Lucario and LOST them. And I was training Feraligatr (he was almost there) and Empoleon (her too). I might join, I don't know, but the forums SUCK.

I think I've seen that link some time before, and it doesn't really look as impressive as the original (There I go again with my high expectations). I might sign up, but losing all my trained Pokemon was a heavy blow (I had just trained a Pokemon to 1.8 mil EXP for a Ghostly Lugia, as well) so I don't think I'll sign up again.

I remember playing Pokemon crater when I was like 7 or 8 and you just had to click a certain square to find Pokemon. Good times XD

I probably won't sign up unless it gets popular here :P

I remember it being entertaining for about ten minutes before I decided to go play my GBA games because they're actually fun. :(

If it's back, I might end up checking it out again someday out of boredom, but they'll have to have made some major changes if I'm going to stay interested in it. If anything, I wish it weren't so slow. I'm not really big on these Fakemon things either. Though it did keep my attention longer than Runescape did, I'll give it that.

Last edited:
Until it becomes a proper Pokemon game (explorable regions, battles a la GBA, all that shizz) I won't be lured in. I was lured once but it wasn't any good.

Okay, I found out it's NOT epicslow so I joined as ShinyLunatone :D

This should be a social group or a club or something.

I signed up for the heck of it and lemme tell you, I hate it.

Honestly, really? Donate money for a level five pokemon? Start with a level five, and in my case, all it knows is Growl. And then be pitted against other pokemon who, unlike me, actually know attacks. And the "oh hai donate money and you'll get a shiny lugia and and be able to run into shinies don't miss out donate today!"
And yeah, it's not epic slow, but epic annoying. A verification test EVERY TIME YOU RUN INTO BATTLE? An database error when I try to battle a trainer? And they even ask your first and last name when you sign up, and for me, that just yells out "DON'T SIGN UP"
oh yes, and if you have something in your inbox, it doesn't have any sort of "You have a notification" thing. So yeah, I missed out on a battle request because I didn't even know I had one.
Oh and when you're in battle with another user,
Crater said:
System: Minkow has chosen a monster.

What is this heap of a game that only wants you to donate money for stuff.

I signed up for the heck of it and lemme tell you, I hate it.

Honestly, really? Donate money for a level five pokemon? Start with a level five, and in my case, all it knows is Growl. And then be pitted against other pokemon who, unlike me, actually know attacks. And the "oh hai donate money and you'll get a shiny lugia and and be able to run into shinies don't miss out donate today!"
And yeah, it's not epic slow, but epic annoying. A verification test EVERY TIME YOU RUN INTO BATTLE? An database error when I try to battle a trainer? And they even ask your first and last name when you sign up, and for me, that just yells out "DON'T SIGN UP"
oh yes, and if you have something in your inbox, it doesn't have any sort of "You have a notification" thing. So yeah, I missed out on a battle request because I didn't even know I had one.
Oh and when you're in battle with another user,

What is this heap of a game that only wants you to donate money for stuff.

Well I joined up out of curiosity and nostalgic memories cuz the pokemon crater, near the end, wasn't so slow.

Man was I disapointed.

First, it asks for your NAME (I just put in a fake one), then your CITY and country, which I probably shouldn't have but I put in my real one. The trainer icons look like dog s**t (literately, most of them have a dark tan to it). Well, it aks what starter you want but you can't even choose sinnoh starters (not like I cared, I like charizard). Appearrantly you can upload your own pokemon, which I was happy about, till nothing happened after I uploaded my pic. Well, I wanted to train my charmander so I went to trainers and just looked and decided to battle a youngster, which they called, "kiddy". So I beat him with a friggin scratch and he delt damage to me through a friggin, "TAIL WHIP". Now that was garbage. The end of the battle I went to the pokemon center and healed him up. Now, I wanted more pokemon, so I looked at maps and I had one. Just one map. I had to "donate" money to get credits to buy almost anything. I had one due to me loging in for the first time that day. So I went to the map and it was basicly classic crater. They only had so many pokemon there (5?). Well I looked at what I could buy with credits and I could buy all the maps, all the pokemon (no fakemon, sorry RandomTyphoon) and stuff. Supposivly there's dark, shiny, metal, and ghostly forms again, but I have yet to see them. You can buy other stuff like revives from another currency called, "pokemoney". You can buy a house and friends can set free pkemon in your yard which sounded promising but there's no option for friends to my knowledge and I don't have the money for it yet so I don't know. Remember those trainers I told you about with the, "kiddy"? Well, the male FR/LG trainer's name is ash, the ruby male trainer's name is, "brix" (wth?), And most had pretty stupid names also. Appaerantly there's al;ot of idiots out there cuz lots of trainers had up to 437 or so pokemon. I'm going to try to find out more today so I'll give updates and maybe I can start rants in the forum to change the donation crap to a minimum.

credits aren't actually the hard to come by. you get 1 for logging in every day and you can find them whilst exploring routes randomly. i've already got 14 credits and i'm wondering whether to buy a chimchar or not since i'm having trouble finding one...

I'm tempted to join because I never tried it...meh, maybe tonight I'll give it a go.

Same here. I'm just curious as to see what it's like. But at the same time I'm very reluctant to do so. I've never played an online Pokemon game.

Well, I made an account, and it's ok. Nothing I'm going to be playing actively, but something fun to mess around with when I'm bored. Nintendo and Game Freak really need to make their own Pokemon MMO...

Well, the games not to bad I guess, but, there is one promising feature, your house. They cost 20,000 pokemoney (not credit) which is not hard to come by if you just train your team against trainers. You have customization tools like what style of house you want, and where it will go (location doesn't matter cuz it's not like its a factor) and stuff. Once you purchase it, you can have gardens that produce multiple berries in the 10 days of its life, bearing the most in the last 3. If you have friends than you can invite them and they can look around and so. You can also, "steal" berries from there garden (like they care), but be warned, if you do, you get called a "cheeky monkey" by the PBA (pokemon battle arena). Also, you can release pokemon n your yard which you can catch by the plenty, unless you remove them. The more of a type of pokemon you put in, the more common it will be to find it, and you might be lucky and find a shiny too! Friends can release pokemon in your yard also, which brings me to the point off, become friends with those who have tons legendaries, there's a good chance they have a yard with legendaries that are common!

The move thing has been resolved, if you level up your pokemon to where it learns some moves, you can go to "My Pokemon" and click on your pokemon and customize there moves. I suppose you do the same to evolve them.

You can find berries randomly by just walking along routes or taking some from your friends. Credits are unknown to me if they can be found the same way too, but I found 616 pokemoney randomly like that.

If you want changes (and credits) go on the forums and stuff. Meh, I'll still report l8r.

Back
Top Bottom