• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Forum seems to be slow....again

Yarnchu

Yarn is comfy and easy to wear
Whenever I visit the forums(I believe the main site runs pretty quick), it is awfully slow. As a type this, there are only 21 people(mainly guests) and it's still slow. On most days I'm lucky if I can actually get on in the evening. It's not my connection, because I can get just about any other site to run quickly. :unsure:

Meh, you're right. I tried this using my internet connection, and it runs REALLY slowly. and yes, the main people online are guests.

The server sucks, has sucked, and will likely continue to suck. :/ Just try not to let it bug you.

And Yesterday it had a Database error. :/

Now it actually seems to be running a little faster than usual.

It gets database errors rather frequently. :/ re: punching it in the face. Think Butterfree was fixing something maybe?

The database error yesterday was the same one it always is, the too many MySQL connections thing. It remained for an unusually long time, so I went and restarted the server.

It also tends to be faster in the American morning when not as many people are on.

And yes, I need a new server. I hope somebody thinks of it for my twentieth birthday or something.

It also tends to be faster in the American morning when not as many people are on.

Not entirely true. Yes it is a bit faster, but it is still slow. When I clicked the "Reply" button to post this message, it took, like, 3 minutes to load the page. And I have a very fast internet connection, all other sites I go to run smoothly.

EDIT: Okay, maybe it wasn't what you consider "American Morning" when I posted that (in my book 11:14 AM is still morning). But I had been on since around 7:30, and it was being slow at that time.

EDIT#2: Now Time Zones have come into play. Do you mean Pacific, Mountain, Central, or Eastern time?

Last edited:
That's probably because it isn't the American morning right now, ProgMetal_64...

I think he meant EST, ProgMetal_64. 11:14 Pacific Time (that's what you're using right?) is about 2:14 EST, which is what I see.

I agree, it's often slow or simply doesn't work at all. But I have never noticed that it is slower at certain times of day. For me it seems to happen at random.

I never seem to get it running slowly for more than 5-10 minutes at a time, whilst trying to load an individual thread. It seems to speed up again after that, generally. I get the occasional database error, like everyone does.

Yes, I agree, the forum is... really, really slow sometimes.
Though I don't really know what causes this, I think it's due to how many people are on and how active they are at a given time.
If there aren't really a lot of people, it may be due to activity in the forum.

Like... the ability to log on and watch videos on Nico Douga depends on activity in your area. I don't live in a place with too many Nico users, so I can log on and watch most of the time, and it runs pretty quickly, although sometimes the opposite is true. So I think this may be like that, except it doesn't rely on area.

Dammmmmmmnn, I fail.

Back
Top Bottom