• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I got some story ideas.Care to give your opinion?

drillusio

I thought up most of these ideas kind of recently except for the first and third one which were about a short while ago(Note:Read the little comments under the summaries.They are IMPORTANT.).

1:
A young boy from Kanto is framed for a crime he did not commit and sentenced to death but instead as part of a secret operation he is shipped to Sinnoh and experimented on with Pokemon Dna.Later on he breaks out of the lab in a fit and discovers his DNA has been mixed with that of a Gliscor,he then travels in secret trying to maintain control over his powers over seven years.After those events he returns to Kanto to maintain a normal life there until he meets a few new people and everything goes horribly wrong.

I kind of like this one due to the fact it's about a person with terrible past trying to fit in and cope with life.These are meant to be in small "episodes" told through the eyes of different characters.

2:
This is a story about the journey of a trainer through Johto except it is from the eyes of his Pokemon,a Sentret,Mareep and a Hoothoot.They travel thoughout the region meeting new Pokemon and people on their humorous adventure with their extremely lucky but hard-headed trainer.

The trainer reminded you of someone who is the certain black haired main character of a certain anime?Anyway,the story is supposed to be lighthearted and comical and not really focusing on the trainer much but in the Pokemon stuck with the trainer.

3:
A handful of Pokemon sign up for a test of all of their skills in a contest taking place on an island in the middle of nowhere.Their memories will be wiped clean and they will be reduced to their lowest evolutionary form.Their test is to survive on the island while a handful of natural disasters occur.A lone Elekid soon makes friends that grow into a community and soon wars begin to ravage the land.In search of new allies the Elekid and his army uncover a sinister plot that affects the fate of the world.

I really like this one but plot seems it might get boring halfway through even though it starts of lighthearted and suddenly brings in a sinister twist to the tale(Note:this take place before the events of Mystery Dungeon).

4:
A story about a trainer going on their first expedition underground and gets lost through a series of events that bring about the collapse of the only way out and now they must find a way to cope in the harsh life underground.

It seems like it has been done before but I'm going to try and make it different by making the chapters in journal entries.

5:
A genius convict escapes from prison and embarks on an adventure through the world he never saw as he earns and loses jobs and residence while he goes on about his life to random pedestrians when he meets a someone who actually listens to him and finds a new friend in them.

This takes place in the Pokemon world but has much less to do with Pokemon but how the world runs to a normal person and not a trainer.It seems interesting to me.

None of them sounds particularly engaging. I suggest you go back and tweak them. Many of them have been done before and some things just boggle the mind. (A: Why does Kanto /have/ a death sentence, B: why are they killing a young boy and C: If pokémon aren't a big part of the story, why set it in a fictional universe? why not make your own?)

A) Sounds like an interesting concept, but the details are kinda hokey and vague. Perhaps you should try building on the concept from scratch and see what you get.
B) Hm, I like the idea. A Trainer fic through the eyes of the Pokemon. It sounds like you know exactly what you want to do with this one, so I think you should try writing a chapter or so and see what happens.
C) Well if it gets boring halfway through and the first part doesn't meet the tone of the rest, why not just cut to the middle of the story and explain as you go along? Cut to the interesting stuff first, set the correct tone, then worry about giving us background.
D) Ooooh I kinda like this one. Perhaps set it in a part of Sinnoh Underground? And maybe have his Pokemon help him try to survive. It sounds like a good Man VS. Self and Man VS. Nature one-shot to me.
E) I've always wondered what a bystander was thinking in the Pokemon World, but I'd suggest fleshing the idea out more.
Alrighty here's what this amounts to: Begin Writing B, Plot out and prepare to write D, Rework the pacing of C, A and E need alot more fleshing out. That's what I feel personally you should do, but hey your the writer.

Back
Top Bottom