• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[09] L'il Dwagie vs rock-ground

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
3vs3 Single
Battle Stye: Set
DQ: 3 Days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healers, perish song, baton pass

Terrain: Outside the Battle Arena

The battle takes place right outside the Battle Frontier's Battle Arena facility, out in the open air. The immediate area is covered in nicely manicured grass and a few flowers. The Arena building itself is surrounded on three sides by water and a small pond sits on the other side of the battlers, so water moves can be used and Water-types that need to swim can do so. The battlers cannot move away from the immediate area, so heading towards the plaza or another facility is forbidden.

Since this match is happening so close to the Arena, it seems such a shame not to follow Greta's rules... or, at least, a variation on them. As such, both battlers will send out their PokÈmon and attack for three battle rounds (a total of 9 attacks per PokÈmon) before the ref calls a halt. After the three rounds both PokÈmon are recalled and unable to continue in the current battle, and their current health, energy and status are noted for later. Both trainers will then send out their next Pokémon and continue for the next three rounds. At the end (which should be nine total rounds), the health and energy of all Pokémon is totaled and whichever trainer has the highest score wins.

The following rules also apply:

-If a Pokémon has fainted, either due to HP loss OR energy loss, the battle stops right where it is (even if it has not yet been three rounds) and both Pokémon are recalled. Fainted PokÈmon DO still count toward the final score, but as either their health or their energy is at 0% they won't add anywhere near as much.

-If, at the end of the three rounds, a battler is afflicted with a status condition, that condition detracts from their final score as follows:

Paralyzed, Burned, Confused: -10 points
Poisoned, Attracted: -15 points
Asleep, Frozen: -20 points

If the Pokémon has more than one status condition, only the first one they were afflicted with detracts full points; all others afterwards only detract five, no matter what they are.

A small patch of grass outside the Battle Arena has been roped off and currently stands empty beneath a clear blue Hoenn sky. The little flowers peppering the grass within the enclosure don't know just how lucky they are--their friends and family outside the boundary are getting trampled to death by the gathering of sweaty bystanders who've shown up to watch the upcoming match.

The heat in Hoenn's high summer is tremendous, and all present are fanning themselves with crumpled brochures about the championships, enjoying the breeze flung from battery-operated fans, or armed with water bottles and sun hats. There is more than one comment to the effect that this all could have been done
inside the Battle Arena, where there is actually air conditioning, and these are blissfully ignored by the league officials scattered throughout the crowd.

The bellyaching dies down as soon as the first trainer arrives, though; the crowd parts at the sight of the registration badge pinned to their shirt, and all gripes fall silent as they step over the rope and into the arena. Across the field from them, their opponent does likewise.

The flowers in the arena bob and sway as a light breeze whips through the crowd and a referee materializes at one edge of the field, raising flags. For the moment, they're lucky--but only time will tell how the battle might overturn their little paradise.

L'il Dwagie's Team said:
[Amaturasu] riolu (F)
Ability: Inner Focus
Held Item: Soothe Bell

[Alya] duskull (F)
Ability: Levitate

[Aysu] chinchou (F)
Ability: Volt Absorb

[Twitch] zubat (F)
Ability: Insomnia
Signature Attribute: Caffeine Addiction
Signature Move: Coffee Break

[Koray] tsuki (M)
Ability: Levitate
rock-ground's Team said:
[Steelbird] skarmory (M)
Ability: Sturdy

[Darkness] spiritomb (F)
Ability: Pressure

Purugly (F)
Ability: Thick Fat

1. rock-ground sends out
2. L'il Dwagie sends out and attacks
3. rock-ground attacks

Last edited:
Re: L'il Dwagie vs rock-ground

(Just a note, that Koray is actually male, and doesn't have a Shiny Stone held. ^^'' )

*Mumble Mumble* Just haaaaad to be outside.. Figures the leaguers had to be outdoorsy types, all the modern wonders of air conditioning and freezers and ice cubes and we're outside in- Ahem.. Oh.. er..... sorry? ..Right, the match..
A Skarmory?... Well that's a sight... Erhem.. I suppose my choice will be a bit obvious. I almost feel like she gets too much screentime but oh that lovely typing~ Aysu, my Chinchou shall be hitting the field~
Hmm... Well while we're at it, lets cool it down a tad Aye? Open with a Rain Dance and deal with that bloody sun. After that, give a moment to Charge up, and finally open the skies with a good Thunder. Course if he protects, save your charge and set up an Aqua Ring. He'll be stinging soon enough either way.
And.. if for some reason he's feeling a little too brave and you can't quite make the aforementioned sling a few Thunderbolts his way and fry the birdy. Least the blasted thing doesn't have encore this time, that was enough of that.

Rain Dance/TBolt ~ Charge/TBolt ~ Thunder/TBolt/Aqua Ring

So.. I'm just wondering, what happens now? Am I getting a new opponent assigned or just waiting for the next round? Ugh bye's are laaaaame~

Yeah, it's lame, but there's really nothing for you to do but wait--there's nobody else in this round to battle. If you want, I can pick up a normal match for you so you still bet a "battle" for this round even though it won't actually be associated with the tournament. You'll need to make a new challenge, though, or accept somebody else's--I'm not averse to a double battle or anything, but the only challenge you have up now is definitely too crazy for me to work on right now.

I see.. Nah, it was just the matter of the free-pass to next round. I never did much like that happening, but I guess things happen.. I do appreciate your offer, but you're busy enough as it is and if it's not going to count towards the tournament I don't really feel the need. Thank you anyway, though - I'll just wait it out from here.

Back
Top Bottom