• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gay-Marriage Opponents To Boycott McDonald's

Indeed. Go McDonald's.

I'm neutral on the whole Gay-Marriage thing, but I don't think that you should boycott something just because it doesn't agree with your views.

Why are some groups so stuck up?

Thirded.

But I don't like McDonalds anymore... not after my History teacher told me what goes into their food...

What is it with America and all of its goddamn retarded organizations that promote hate and discrimination and having the word 'family' in all of their titles uuggh
If I had a family made of people like this I'd probably shoot myself at dawn.

...Huh.

Now I only hate everything-except-one-thing McDonald's stands for X3

Wait. What?

The association also has boycotted retailer Target for substituting "holiday" for "Christmas"

...what does Christmas have to do with family values? I'm so confused.

They're demented, of course!

Either that, or they're reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally conservative.

Or both. There's always the possibility of both.

I'm impressed that McDonalds isn't deserting their cause due to the siren song of the almighty dollar. Though, the cynic in me does make me think that they simply believe that losing the money from a group of people in only one of the countries they have restaurants in is a small enough risk for the good publicity showing an interest in equality grants them.

I'm trying very hard to shut said inner cynic up and just be happy to see any sign that America may let people, as Whitman put it, "live and work in a society free of discrimination and harassment."

I will admit though that those people boycotting McDonalds are probably doing their bodies a favour, unless they're simply taking their business to other fast food places.

Wow church-based orginizations like this who boycott something because of hate are really whats screwing our world right now.

The AFA "exists to motivate and equip citizens to change the culture to reflect Biblical truth and traditional family values," the group's Web site reads. The organization, based in Tupelo, Miss., has 2.8 million people on its e-mail alert system and sends its monthly magazine to 170,000 people, Wildmon said.
exists to motivate and equip citizens to change the culture to reflect Biblical truth and traditional family values,"
change the culture to reflect Biblical truth
Biblical truth
Biblical truth
Biblical truth

...*bursts out laughing*

As if that weren't contradictory in itself. They are NOT going to be able to change the culture. Especially not to something that reeks of conservatism and Christianity. Particularly Christianity, because what of the religious differences in the world? Chances are people aren't gonna conform to their ways if it means warping their religion.

But to be back on topic, I fully support what McDonald's is doing here. Maybe not with the food, but with the gay community definitely.

Sorry guys, McDonalds still sucks. :(

That may be, but hey, they are essentially, by joining the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, telling somewhat extreme Christians, in their own way, to fuck off and get off their high horse

:D Heck, this is almost enough to make me go buy one of their burgers! *Looks at a McDonalds Burger and nearly pukes* ...Almost...

Don't eat at McDonald's very often, but woo for them. Kinda makes me want to head down there for some fries.

Also wtf @ boycotting Target for saying "holiday" instead of "Christmas". Tons of other places do that. If they keep flipping out over stupid things like that, soon all they'll have is Michael's. I hope they like crafts. (Anyone who gets that reference is awesome.)

Feh, I only buy McFlurrys at McDonald's, which I only buy because my boyfriend thinks they're awesome for some reason (though he often asks for the M&M's separate), but I guess this is good that they're supporting something like this, even if it is only a marketing strategy.

Guys, guys, guys. American society sucks. We know this. No need to reiterate it. Of course, the Church sucks. If McDonalds do what they do, more power to them. It's not like I fucking care. There's enough things McDonalds does wrong that they need to prioritize over this shit anyway. It's not even remotely relevant.

Back
Top Bottom