• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What game should I buy?

Which game should I buy?

• Super Paper Mario

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • persona 4

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Megaman ZX Advent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Thorne

It's feeding time
So yeah, I'm kinda short of money right now, and I want to buy six different games, and I only have money for one of them, so I'm wondering, which one should I buy, in your opinion?

-Super Paper Mario, I like the music, and the gameplay seems fun, not to mention I like the story and most of the characters.

-Persona 4, it seems like a fun game, with some good characters, in particular Kanji.

-Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, out of the metal gear games, I'm the most interested in this one.

-Megaman ZX Advent, I like the Megaman series in general, and I've always wanted to play this one.

-Kirby Super Star Ultra, it seems like a fun game, and many say it's the best Kirby game.

-Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure, it seems like a really fun game that mixes puzzling and platforming, and I like the idea of a British gentleman turning into a golden robot by drinking tea.

If you'd like, say why I should by the game you prefer, as it'd help me a bit.

wait for Scribblenauts

Out of all of those I've only played Super Paper Mario and Kirby Super Star Ultra. Of those, SPM has the best storyline (obviously), but KSSU is just plain fun. Couldn't tell you which to pick from those two, though. D:

lame. D:

But yeah, I'd say either Super Paper Mario or Kirby Super Star Ultra. Incidentally my brother's friend borrowed our copy of KSSU like a month ago and hasn't given it back yet. And he doesn't like most Kirby games, so that should tell you something.

Of those my vote goes to Persona. Not much else to say, amazing series. To be fair though, I never really payed attention to the others, let alone played them. If I had a secondary vote, Paper Mario. Even though I'm no Mario fan at all in general, from what I've seen the Paper Mario series breaks far away from the rest of the series and into a humourous, antagonistic and even gritty line that really defines it from the normal rabble.
(Hell to be honest I feel like I should be picking that one up some time.. hm. )

The only one among those that I played is Super Paper Mario.

The storyline is great and all, but it's the kind of game that ends with the credits. There IS a lot of post-credit stuff, but most of it is a boring, challenging grind.

of those, i'd pick persona 4. persona is a series, at least now, that requires a lot of attention. you have to be really, really into it in order to enjoy it. if you do decide you like it, though, it becomes addicting. if you want a game with longevity to it, get persona 4. it's probably not the easiest game around; that said, it's hard without being frustrating. (though the game can be cheap every once in a while.) it's just.. i don't know. if you want a game that you'll play a lot, persona 4 seems like the obvious choice, even if it has little replay value.

Never played any of the other games, but I strongly recommend Snake Eater. It's hands-down the best game in the series. Well, Guns of the Patriots might be even better - I wouldn't know - but still, if you've played and liked the previous two MGS titles, you'll love this one. The plot isn't quite as confusing because it's less "ooh conspiracy!", and many parts of the game have a charming spy movie pastiche feel to them (although it gets a little silly at times).

Even if you haven't played any MGS games before, it's still a good game to get you into the series, since it comes first in the in-game chronology and is pretty much self-sufficient (for an MGS game, it makes abnormally few references to earlier installments - which makes sense, obviously, but still).

I must say though, Snake Eater (actually, the series as a whole) seems to be a little different from your other considerations; I don't know if it's the right thing for you, you know? I guess you would know that better than I do, but I'm just saying.

I must say though, Snake Eater (actually, the series as a whole) seems to be a little different from your other considerations; I don't know if it's the right thing for you, you know? I guess you would know that better than I do, but I'm just saying.
I've always been interested in the series, even if I've never played them, and from story/character perspective, I like Snake Eater the most.

I would say Snake Eater, but I haven't played an MGS game sooo....

Probably Paper Mario or Kirby. The Paper Mario games are some of the better Mario games in the series(though they are RPG games, the last one strays away from turn based battles from what I can tell), while Kirby is a pretty addictive game. If you are looking for length and story, go with Mario. Kirby SSU is one of the longer games in the series, but the difficulty is on the easy side(at least until you beat Milky Way Wishes, and even then it's pretty simple) and a few of the subgames are short.

I dunno about where you live, but I've seen MGS3 (preowned, of course) for sale over here for what'd be less than $3. So I'd get it and something else, if you've got the money.

Go for Persona. Megaman ZX Advent is also a decent buy as well, but that's only enough to keep you busy for about a weekend. And that's playing through with both characters too.

Snake Eater's amazing too, but go for Subsistence instead if you can find that.

Back
Top Bottom