• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Battle Frontiers

glitchedgamer

GET EQUIPPED WITH
I'm just wondering if you guys actually visit the Battle Frontier in either Emerald or Platinum for fun. Personally, I never really used it for fun in Emerald, just to get items and use the move tutor. I only earned 2 Silver Symbols. In Platinum, however, I actually battle there just for fun. I just completely love the Battle Arcade and Battle Hall.

I used to go to the Battle Factory in Emerald, but I like Platinum's Factory much better. The only facility I use is the Factory, though. I like to consider myself a strategist. And anyway, only my brother has Platinum, and I'm not fond of the Pokemon he's trained, so I probably won't use the other facilities.

The Battle Factory kicks my ass into next week -.-; I can't battle unless I raised the Pokemon myself, otherwise I'll have no idea how to use them.

The Frontier is pretty competitive. There is always somebody who can beat me. I have four silver prints in Platinum and three silver symbols in Emerald. The only one I'm missing in Platinum is that dang ol' Factory. I've fought and lost to the brain twice, and am greatly disheartened by it.
THORTOOOOOOOOOOOON I WILL END YOUUUUUUUU

I LOVE THE BATTLE FRONTIERS. YES.
I did a speed-run of Emerald a few weeks back just to get there...

atm I have 2 silver symbols on Emerald, 4 on Platinum and one gold on Platinum.

The battle pyramid is HELL ITSELF I swear... the complete opposite of the anime counterpart, which is the greatest thing everrrr

gotta love the frontier brains too... especially Palmer and Brandon :D

I rarely use either Frontier, and never win when I do. But at least Emerald's is varied and well-designed. Platinum's was disappointing.

hoargh the sinnoh battle frontier is awesome
i like the battle factory best even though it annoys me lol
thorton is cool
i have all the silver prints for platinum but none for emerald because i've barely made any progress in the game and i don't like it as much as platinum's anyway

hoargh the sinnoh battle frontier is awesome
i like the battle factory best even though it annoys me lol
thorton is cool
i have all the silver prints for platinum but none for emerald because i've barely made any progress in the game and i don't like it as much as platinum's anyway
But Emerald's actually looks like a big, important, thriving place. Platinum's is tiny.

I like Platinum's better, because of the Battle Arcade and Battle Factory. I use a Jynx, Blaziken and Empoleon in the Arcade, and I like to time my stylus tap on the board so it does something bad to the other team. :D I also test out effects if I don't know what they do.

The Battle Factory in Emerald is good, and I love it, but not nearly as much as Platinum's. In Platinum, there are so many new Pokémon, it's overwhelming. :D

I can't seem to beat Pike Queen Lucy in Emerald, even though I've tried many times. :P I need an Aggron, maybe, with a Steel-type move. Unless, if I remember correctly, that Shuckle knows Earthquake, in which case a Skarmory would be better. I've struggled with the Battle Pike for ages in Emerald, but I'm pretty good at everything else.

i think i'm just biased towards platinum's frontier because it's the only one i've really battled in, save emerald's factory lol
speaking of emerald's battle factory, the pokemon in there really suck. a lot of the natures on the pokemon are either neutral or hinder the pokemon, and there's stuff like special sweeper gyarados... they fixed that in platinum's though thank god.

Ah, Battle Frontier :D I love both of them. It would've been great if Platinum's could've had more variety, yeah (would it have killed them to keep all of Emerald's facilities and just add the three new ones? Ten is a nice, round number, after all...), but I'm okay with it. The Battle Factories have got to be my favorite... all the fun of playing without any of the effort of training the Pokémon yourself :D But I also really liked the Battle Pike, the Battle Arena and the Battle Dome. The Towers are kind of mundane after all the others, the Pyramid is evil as hell and I haven't really gotten into the Palace yet; the problem with it is that success generally requires training Pokémon that are different from the usual competitive stock, and I haven't tried to do that yet.

Haven't tried anything in Platinum other than the Factory. I'm currently writing something about it and so need to barge through it like five million times in order to do all of the research I need (I've already got, what... almost 1000 BP just from the Factory alone? Don't remember exactly, but it's a lot; and that's not even counting the several hundred times in my Japanese copy...). I also haven't been in the mood to train any more Pokémon or trade any of my competitive Pokémon from Diamond, so my current ingame team would get assraped after the first streak and I don't see the point atm. I'll give the rest a go when I'm done with my research and, you know, am feeling less lazy.

I absolutely prefer Emerald's Battle Frontier over Platinum's. Sooo much more to do there, plus I actually felt motivated to try and win at it(which I never did. Lucy is a cheating *****, and the Factory has sucky Pokemon). Platinum's just felt like it was....there. No motivation what-so-ever.

In fact, Emerald's got far more playtime out of me than it would've without it, since I actually started breeding Pokemon(for fun, but some I constructed to try and win at the BF) to use. If I ever breed in the new games, it's to get a Pokemon to put up on the GTS. :/

I'm starting to get quite addicted to Emerald's frontier. Thinking about picking my Platinum back up for the Frontier as well.

I have one silver print in Platinum and currently nothing in Emerald... I made it to Noland this morning, but was rather unlucky. :[

The Battle Hellhole Pyramid is awful. I always end up losing on the last floor. I think I may have cleared it like once, but I was pretty damn lucky that time.

Am I the only one who thinks the Battle Tower on Platinum is really easy? The only reason I haven't got a symbol from there yet is I'm trying to get a team together that'll beat Palmer. :\ Though, other than the Hall and the Factory, I haven't really looked at any of the others in Platinum. I think I did the Arcade like once.

i think i'm just biased towards platinum's frontier because it's the only one i've really battled in, save emerald's factory lol
speaking of emerald's battle factory, the pokemon in there really suck. a lot of the natures on the pokemon are either neutral or hinder the pokemon, and there's stuff like special sweeper gyarados... they fixed that in platinum's though thank god.
emerald factory is betteeeerrr /bias

The Pyramid is not that bad the first few times. I have got through it with some random Pokemon of a variety of levels, none of which were competitively trained.

Back
Top Bottom