• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pianist Club

Lorem Ipsum

Pronoun
x
This is a club where people who play the piano, or indeed the keyboard, can join to talk about the pieces they may be learning to play, or the exams they may be doing.

Rules (and indeed guidelines) of entrance
- You must be able to play the piano or keyboard (by this I don't mean 'hey I can play happy birthday so therefore I can play piano')
- It is probable that there will be musical terms written on here. It is therefore a guideline that you know what musical terms mean, and know the notes on a keyboard. This is just a guidance though.

Another thing that might be useful for this is to film/record you playing the piano, and upload it. That way, we can hear and critique. For this, YouTube is incredibly favoured.

To join, just request, and state your experience with the instrument (like gradings you have done, gradings you are about to do). For example:

"Hi, I'm Lorem Ipsum and I wish to join the club. I've been playing piano since I was 4, and recently got a Merit in my ABRSM Grade 7 exam. I'm working towards doing Grade 8 in the spring."

Members

Lorem Ipsum
Verne
Salamander
Aobaru
Dragon

Last edited:
Uh...

I've been playin pianos for a while. My teacher doesn't work with the grading system but I don't really give a crap. also i never practice ever fff :|

Played piano for eight years, not playing that much now but still enjoy it. Yay?

Hi, I'm Aobaru and I wish to join the club. I've been playing piano since I was 4, and recently graduated Alfred's Level 5. I'm working towards completing Grade 6, and I should be done by the end of the year.

:D

YAY

Clearly you know my username and I've just finished Alfred's level 6, been playing since I was four or five. I'm in the OCM/RCM (Ontario/Royal Conservatory of Music) level 7, and am working on exam pieces for my level 7 exam.

Haaa I never practice ever and have to memorize these four more songs that I've never looked at by Thursday crap yay :D

Also: I recorded this a while ago for a submission to something. 'S Love Solo by Dan Coates.

..Okay.

Hey guys, you're in!

At the moment, I'm trying to add some more challenging things to my repetoire to improve technique and technical ability for the Grade 8 exam, so I'm doing Liebestraume by Liszt.

Oh yeah, for all those people who are doing Grade 8 ABRSM this year, I'm doing Sonata in D Minor by Cimarosa, Finale in C Minor (3rd Mvt. from Sonata No.5) by Beethoven, and Alligator's Crawl by Fats Waller.

i'm dewgong. i've been playing since i was little, and i don't take lessons, so i don't have a grading system or any idea where i am, but i can play the piano.

i enjoy doing interpretations/covers of video game, anime, and songs from various bands i like.

I would like to join the club and I have been playing nine years and I found this awesome twighlight princess piano book on e-bay and I am working on midnas lament and hyrule castle plus everythingelse my teacher has me playing and my keyboard stuff for my band.

I'd like to join, please.

I've been playing for about nine years. I don't know what level I've achieved. I'm at an intermediate to advanced skill level, and I play for a church, a jazz band, and my own enjoyment... :}

Yeah, playing jazz is epic win.

I'm currently trying to get better at improvisation, and thinking of starting up a jazz band with my friends (one plays bass, one plays sax, and the other plays drums, obviously I play piano).

Aside from that I'm trying to master this bloody Liszt. The middle section is insanely hard.

Eh, I'll join. Why not.

I'm self-taught and have been playing for a little over four years. I mostly don't play "classical" pieces (the only one I've really ever learnt was Moonlight Sonata) but I played with my school's jazz band last year and have been performing at open-mics for two years or so.

Surprisingly I'm kind of better at improvisation than rehearsed playing.

My "covers" channel: http://www.youtube.com/pumpkin0192
My "originals" channel: http://www.youtube.com/streetmagic192

Hello. I'd like to join this club.

I've been playing the piano since I was seven. Although I stopped taking lessons I still like the piano. My favorite thing to do is play pieces from video games (lame, I know). I especialy like the songs "Space Junk Galaxy" from Super Mario Galaxy, "Jolly Roger Bay" from Super Mario 64, and Route 101 and 104 from pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Back
Top Bottom