• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blazhy vs. FMC

Dragon

disaster pigeon
Pronoun
she
FMC said:
1 vs 1 Single
Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Campus Green

The Campus Green is a nice place, where students can go for a walk, talk with friends, or just sit and think when they don't have classes. It's a large area, about the size of a football field, and covered in soft, short grass kept neatly trimmed. There are a few trees around, and some bushes lining the wall of the College building. There is a small pond in the middle of the field, ringed by large smooth rocks.

FMC's Party
[Whiskers] Skelitten (M) @ Dusk Stone
Ability: Pressure

[Doomsday] Bidoof (F)
Ability: Simple
Signature Modification: Resistance to Criticism
As a Bidoof, Doomsday is often made fun of and criticized for being what she is. As a result, Doomsday acquired a thick skin, if you will, towards being made fun of. It is nearly impossible to make her angry, and she has an eternally cheerful and optimistic outlook on life.

Effects: Doomsday is always happy and cheerful, no matter what. Whenever she uses Return, it gets a 2% Damage bonus, while Frustration gets a 5% reduction. Taunt and Torment have a 50% chance of not working at all on her, and Swagger doesn't cause an Attack increase. Confusion caused by Flatter has a 75% chance of her hurting herself, however.

[Jinkosen] Prinplup (M)
Ability: Torrent

[Pipiri] Happiny (F) @ Oval Stone
Ability: Serene Grace

[Havoc] Sentret (M)
Ability: Keen Eye

[Rinna] Eevee (F) @ Soothe Bell
Ability: Adaptability

[Kate] Glameow (F)
Ability: Own Tempo

[Apollo] Nidoran♂ (M)
Ability: Poison Point

[Zarin] Eevee (M)
Ability: Steadfast
Body Modification: Aura Born

Zarin's father was a Lucario, and by some miracle of breeding, he inherited some of the Riolu line's unique ability to control aura. The power is still weak due to his young age, but this grants him some new abilities. He has a small amount of power over his own aura and can use it to preform a few attacks, and granted him a new ability; Steadfast. These attacks are Mind Reader, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, and a weak Aura Sphere. The Aura Sphere is not as strong as it could be if he were really a Riolu or Lucario, so it's base power is and is 70 instead of 90 costs 2% more energy.

But this breeding also deprived him of a few moves that Eevee would normally be able to use, namely Growth, Trump Card, Last Resort, and Tickle.

Effects: Ability change to Steadfast, - Growth, Trump Card, Last Resort, Tickle. + Mind Reader, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere (70 power +2% Energy cost).

[Cookie] Budew (F)
Ability: Battle Armour
Body Mod: Full Metal

Cookie was born quite different from most of her kind; She lacked the Poison type common to the Budew line, and instead was part Steel. This was attributed to the fact that there were Mawile a few generations back in her family tree. She lacks a few things that most of her kind have; the Poison type, of course, a few poison attacks, and the Poison Point ability. Instead she can use steel attacks and has the ability 'Battle Armour'.

Effects: Cookie is a Steel/Grass type. Ability changed to Battle Armour. - Sludge Bomb + Iron Head.

Blazhy's Party
[Khao] Cyndaquil (Male)
Ability: Blaze

[Ventus] Taillow (Female)
Ability: Guts

[Garnet] Staryu (N/A) @ Water Stone
Ability: Illuminate

[Yukianesa] Snorunt (Female) @ Dawn Stone
Ability: Inner Focus

[Sickle] Kabuto (Male)
Ability: Battle Armour

[Raffelesia] Bellsprout (Male)
Ability: Chlorophyll

[Uephota] Dratini (Female)
Ability: Shed Skin

Signature Attribute: Poisoned Heritage

Uephota looks and acts much like a normal Dratini, except that her colouration is a bit darker, the tip of her tail is quite sharp, and she has barely noticeable fangs sticking out of her mouth. This is because her father is a Seviper. Now, under normal circumstances, she wouldn't have inherited these changes, but her mother was a rather frail Pokemon with many recessive genes, while her father was the opposite.
Her unique traits go beyond that, though. From an early age Uephota preferred to play with the young Seviper instead of fellow Dratinis, mostly because the snake-like dragons tended to reject her. Unfortunately, that meant every once in a while, due to some rough play, she got some poison in her system. Since the poison came from young Seviper, though, it wasn't as potent, and though she often got very sick she didn't die. Eventually she built up an immunity to poison.
As Uephota grew up, she began to get so much poison in her bloodstream that it started to turn a purplish hue. With this change she noticed she could channel her poisoned blood into her fangs and sharp-tipped tail, as well as use Poison-type attacks much more easily.
So, as a result of all the poison that got into her body, Uephota is now a Dragon/Poison Pokemon instead of the standard Dragon-type. This means she gets STAB for Poison-type moves, as well as all weaknesses and resistances it offers. Finally, she can use the moves Poison Tail, Poison Jab, and Poison Fang, courtesy of her father. However, as a result of her genetic changes, she's unable to concentrate too much pure energy in her mouth for fear of damaging her fangs, making it impossible for her to use Hyper Beam, Fire Blast, or Zap Cannon.

[Niflheim] Eevee (Male)
Ability: Run Away

[Stratosa] Skarmory (Female)
Ability: Keen Eye

[Acetylene] Drifloon (M)
Ability: Aftermath

Dice says-
-Blazhy sends out first
-FMC sends out and attacks
-Blazhy attacks
-Dragon refs AGAIN Guess this means I really love you guys

Last edited:
Whoo! Thanks for taking this :D I have reffed two of your matches, so I guess it's fair? I LUFFS U 2

*ahem* Let's start with Garnet, my Staryu.

And why did you put FMC's signature attributes, but not my Dratini's? D': Do you reallllly like FMC better than me? *puppy eyes*

Last edited:
woo! I luffs you Draggy <3

So I'll send out Cookie, my Budew!

First, throw up a layer of Spikes. Then I want you to get close to it and use Stun Spore. Finish with a Seed Bomb. If it protects or Detects to avoid your attacks, use Swords Dance instead.

Spikes ~ Stun Spore / Swords Dance ~ Seed Bomb / Swords Dance

:3 good luck, Blazey.

Hm, I kinda expected Cookie. Spikes, eh? Turning my own strategy against me, I see! >:D

Okay, I know you lost your first KO just barely, my little Staryu, so let's make up for it in this battle! You're faster than that little plant over there, so start out with a Psychic to toss it into the water. It won't be very effective, but it should stop it from executing most of its commands. I don't think Budew can swim well.
After, while Cookie is flailing around in the water, shoot her with an Ice Beam. Try to make it extra cold to freeze the water around her and immoblize her (Why yes, I do love immobilizing my opponents); if you need to expend some extra energy to make it that cold, then so be it. I highly doubt that Cookie will be able to scatter the Stun Spores after that.
Finally, give that Budew a taste of her... well, would-be medicine. Thunder Wave. However, if she isn't surrounded by ice, then give her another Ice Beam. Remember, make them as cold and concentrated as possible!

Psychic (into water) ~ Ice Beam ~ Thunder Wave/Ice Beam

Whoo! Thanks for taking this :D I have reffed two of your matches, so I guess it's fair? I LUFFS U 2

*ahem* Let's start with Garnet, my Staryu.

And why did you put FMC's signature attributes, but not my Dratini's? D': Do you reallllly like FMC better than me? *puppy eyes*

Actually I didn't see it in your profile. :o I'll go fix that now~

FMC said:
1 vs 1 Single
Set

The Campus Green is a nice place, where students can go for a walk, talk with friends, or just sit and think when they don't have classes. It's a large area, about the size of a football field, and covered in soft, short grass kept neatly trimmed. There are a few trees around, and some bushes lining the wall of the College building. There is a small pond in the middle of the field, ringed by large smooth rocks.

ROUND 1
blazheirio889(O)
staryu
Garnet (X) <Illuminate> @ Water Stone
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Psychic (into water) ~ Ice Beam ~ Thunder Wave/Ice Beam
- Appears to be excited, but who can tell?
Full Metal Cookies(O)
fm-budew.png

Cookie (F) <Battle Armour>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Spikes ~ Stun Spore / Swords Dance ~ Seed Bomb / Swords Dance
- "Let's do this!"​
The College Green! A wonderful, nice, green space for students to come and go, to talk or just sit around. In the middle of the quaint little spot is a little pond, likely where a few ducks occasionally go for a nice swim or something. And today, the Green is our battlefield.

With the now-familiar pop and bang of displaced air, the referee appears on the Green not too far from the pond, a few inches over and she would have been in the water.. Wincing, she jumps off the rocks and sits on them, waiting for the battlers. They're not long in arriving, picking the familiar faces out of the crowd of students, FMC and Blazhy appear in the distance. The referee waves to the two who have come for a rematch, and stands up, to go to the side of the pond. The Trainers take opposite sides automatically; both have battled before, and against each other, and know what to do. Students gather to the side of the
Green near the actual College to watch safely from a distance, and the referee waves to the Trainers. Blazhy is the first to send out, thinking for a moment. Nodding, she tosses a Pokeball near the pond, and with a flash of red light a star-shaped Pokemon has formed; it's Garnet, a Staryu. FMC looks at Garnet, before smiling and taking her own Pokeball up. Yet another flash of red light appears, and now a plant-like Pokemon forms. FMC has chosen Cookie, a Budew for this battle. The students around the College murmur and start to talk; there's no way two small Pokemon could possibly destroy their field. Right? Right? At the word of the referee, the two command their Pokemon and the battle is off!

Garnet, a much faster Pokemon than the little Cookie, gathers a bit of the energy in the air and concentrates on that, its red gem beginning to glow with an unnatural light. Cookie frowns and squints at the Staryu. What's it doin- ohshitwhaaat! Cookies is suddenly lifted off of her small feet and rises in the air, before being thrown backwards and landing on the rocks and bouncing into the pool. If Garnet could've frowned, it would have. Its aim was a bit off, it seemed.

Cookie squeaks and sputters, coughing out water and thrashing about. What was she supposed to do now? The logical part of her mind said to get out of the water now, but the part of her that wanted to follow her Trainer's orders said she might be able to attack from the water.. Taking a moment to think, Cookie sinks and thrashes to propel herself to the surface. Ugh. Compromising by wading forwards a bit to get to a shallow part of the pond where she could stand on a rock, Cookie draws a four-edged shape in the air with her head and watches as caltrops fall out of the air around Garnet. The Staryu appears to watch the Spikes fall around it with interest, but it's hard to tell. The referee wishes she could get inside its head; non-humanoid Pokemon were hard to read.

Garnet's gem flashes suddenly, as if it had said something. Concentrating on a spot in the air not too far from Cookie, the Staryu gathers up some power and calls up the memory of a particularly cold day, focusing the memory into the real world. Its gem slowly turns a blue hue, quickly gaining colour, and becomes fully blue when a thin but powerful beam shoots from it, striking Cookie and the water around her. The Budew cries out in pain and is blown back a few feet by the force of the impact, and suddenly finds she can't move her lower body. Twisting around in the icy water, Cookie finds the thin layer of ice around her starting to crack already; a strong blow would get her out of there. Ooh, she wishes she had gotten out of the pond when she had the chance.

Cookie looks back at her Trainer in dismay, not sure what to do now. She was commanded to get up close to Garnet, but that wasn't possible right now.. Could she still get a Stun Spore in, at the little distance away the battling Pokemon were? Might as well give it a shot, the Budew decides, and shakes the bud on top of her head the best she can. Small golden spores start to scatter around her, and taking a small breath, Cookie blows the spores forwards and does her best to aim them towards Garnet. The Staryu isn't impressed; the spores fall short of their mark and disappear into the short grass. Please.

Turning towards its Trainer for a moment, Garnet does a little twirl as it concentrates on the energy in the air. There's a few sparks of static floating around, invisible to the human eye, though it's one of these that Garnet focuses its mind on. Calling a small bit of energy up, Garnet's gem flashes yellow and a tiny wave of electricity jumps from her to the Budew partially stuck in ice. Cookie squeaks as the electricity disappears into her forehead, and she feels her muscles start to lock up. Wonderful.

Cookie frowns at her opponent, clearly unhappy with the way the round's going. She better change that, hopefully, the Budew decides, and a few big, round seeds pop out of her bud. Cookie stares at them for a moment, and watches as they rise and go flying towards Garnet, exploding into the Staryu's gem. It warbles something as it goes flying backwards into the Spikes, the caltrops sticking into its back adding to its' pain. Garnet floats upright and warbles something at Cookie, flashing a few angry words. It seems the blow's knocked Cookies off balance as well; where on land the Budew would have just taken a step forwards and steadied herself, she finds herself flailing around in the water, trying to keep her head above the surface.

ROUND 1
blazheirio889(O)
staryu
Health: 84%
Energy: 83%
- Seems to be looking smugly at her opponent.
Full Metal Cookies(O)
fm-budew.png

Health: 83%
Energy: 88%
- Struggling to breathe. Paralyzed (moderate)​
Terrain Notes
-Spikes surround Garnet, and the pond has small pieces of ice floating around it, centering around Cookie. One angry Budew is flailing around in the center.

Referee Notes
-I made Cookie use 1% more energy for all her attacks, since she spent a good deal of time trying to stay above water.
-Garnet's Ice Beam was a bit more powerful, so it used 2% more energy while doing 1% more damage.
-Cookie's Stun Spore missed.
-Blazhy attacks first next round.

Hmm hmm... That didn't go as planned. But whatever.

Wait, how fast does paralysis fade for you? O_o; I'd expect the paralysis to be still strong at least...

Okay, Garnet, back off a bit to make sure you're completely surrounded by short grass, then Camoflauge. It's a good thing Cookie can't use Sludge Bomb >:D Then, use Rapid Spin; just clear out the spikes though, and don't hit Cookie. After that, Signal Beam. If she Protects or you somehow can't reach her, use Cosmic Power. If she has clones, Hail.

Camoflauge ~ Rapid Spin ~ Signal Beam/Cosmic Power/Hail

Last edited:
O deer. Okay Cookie, try an get out of that there pond; don't worry if it takes you a whole action to do it. If you can, I want you to use Shadow Ball once you get out of the pond, then Pin Missile. Finish with Extrasensory.

Get out of pond and Shadow Ball / Get out of pond ~ Pin Missile ~ Extrasensory

Actually, I made the paralysis start off a bit weaker, since there was a bit of a distance between the two.

FMC said:
1 vs 1 Single
Set

ROUND 2
blazheirio889(O)
staryu
Health: 84%
Energy: 83%
Camouflage ~ Rapid Spin ~ Signal Beam/Cosmic Power/Hail
- Seems to be looking smugly at her opponent.
Full Metal Cookies(O)
fm-budew.png

Health: 83%
Energy: 88%
Get out of pond and Shadow Ball / Get out of pond ~ Pin Missile ~ Extrasensory
- Struggling to breathe. Paralyzed (moderate)​
A cloud passes over the sun as the Trainers take a moment to analyze the battle, and the referee nods, waving her flags. Both call out commands to their Pokemon, and with a wave from the referee, the battle continues at full speed!

Not pausing, Garnet jumps back as it was commanded to.. right into the Spikes. Oops. It lets out a few flashes and warbles what might be swearing, but who can tell? Calming itself down, Garnet twitches and a wave of colour seems to ripple over it, and it sinks into the grass, now a bit more comfortable being out of the water. A few green patches now speckle the Staryu, but it seems unbothered by this.

Cookie has completely missed Garnet's transformation, still trying to keep her head above water. It wasn't going well. Her muscles had started to lock up, though the ice was helping, somewhat to keep her afloat.. Kicking out with tiny legs, Cookie struggles through the ice and onto the shallow spot where she stood before, wondering if she should try to attack. From there, it was just a few steps out of the pond.. And then her muscles locked up partially. The little Budew swears and stumbles up onto one of the big rocks surrounding the pond, before falling face first onto the ground. Garnet watches in what appears to be amusement as Cookie struggles to get up, before cramping and freezing in place.

Okay, screw waiting for her. Flashing a few bored words, Garnet falls over and begins to spin, gem up. Cookie looks up just enough to see the incoming Garnet spinning at her, its points looking incredibly dangerous from this angle. Groaning and bracing herself as caltrops go flying every which way, Cookie is battered backwards into the big rocks and slumps back on the ground, grumbling something unintelligible. Garnet spins back to its spot and stops, scanning the area. It appears all the Spikes have disappeared to who knows where, though that's a good thing. No more stabbing itself on stupid little pointy things!

Cookie grumbles and pushes herself up, shaking a bit. That was such a cheap shot, attacking her while she was down.. Or it was in her eyes, anyways. Ugh. Lowering her head, Cookie tenses a muscle in her bud as a small needle shoots out and sticks into Garnet's side. The Staryu looks at it in mild annoyance, before twitching as two more small needles stick it in the side. It's about to flash something angry at Cookie when yet another two needles dart forwards and stab her in the arms. Okay, now that was just painful. Garnet warbles, sounding like an angry songbird as it reprimands Cookie, who tenses once again. Huh, it seems like she's empty.. ah well. She smirks at the Staryu and plops down before her muscles lock up again.

Muttering something in the flashing words that are probably obscene, Garnet's gem begins to glow a very faint blue, before flashing back to red and to blue again. Cookie blinks at the red and blue lights, before letting out a cry at the sudden appearance of two small orbs of light, one red and one blue. They bob up and down in the air for a moment, and then at some unseen command from Garnet, the two orbs speed towards Cookie, elongating and becoming entwining beams of light. They dissolve into Cookie's side, though the Budew can do nothing but groan now.

Cookie glares up at Garnet, and finds she can stand up. Doing so, she closes her eyes and extends a tendril of psychic power towards her opponent. Finding the Staryu, Cookie dives into its mind and thrashes about, making a huge racket and upsetting places that shouldn't be touched. Garnet lets out a pained warble and throws itself to the ground, trying to remove the intruder from its mind. As soon as the assault's begun it stops, and Garnet is left with a ringing sound in its head, and Cookie with a smug smirk.

ROUND 2
blazheirio889(O)
staryu
Health: 71%
Energy: 72%
- Shivering and feeling rather violated. Grass-typed.
Full Metal Cookies(O)
fm-budew.png

Health: 73%
Energy: 74%
- Smirking, and incredibly amused. Paralyzed (moderate to mild)​
Terrain Notes
The pond has small pieces of ice floating in it. The water in the pond is also very cold.

Referee Notes
-Cookie only managed to get out of the pond on the first action, since her paralysis was acting up.
-However, her Pin Missile hit all of five times. Lucky.
-FMC attacks first next round.

Don't have many options at this point, Cookie.

Use Extrasensory the whole round; if it protects/detects, then use Spikes, and if it somehow becomes immune to psychic attacks, but doesn't protect/detect, then use Shadow Ball instead.

Extrasensory / Spikes / Shadow Ball ~ Extrasensory / Spikes / Shadow Ball ~ Extrasensory / Spikes / Shadow Ball

>:/

Looks like we've got Cookie backed into a corner for now.

Start with a Light Screen to soften up those Extrasensories. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of reliable attacking options at the moment either... So let's see where a Hidden Power will get us. With any (nonexistant) luck, we'll get a fire-typed HP! >:D And then... Aw, heck, let's just go with another Ice Beam.

Light Screen ~ Hidden Power ~ Ice Beam

You have no idea how much I wanted to use Bide this round

FMC said:
1 vs 1 Single
Set

ROUND 3
blazheirio889(O)
staryu
Health: 71%
Energy: 72%
Light Screen ~ Hidden Power ~ Ice Beam
- Shivering and feeling rather violated. Grass-typed.
Full Metal Cookies(O)
fm-budew.png

Health: 73%
Energy: 74%
Extrasensory/Spikes/Shadow Ball x3
- Smirking, and incredibly amused. Paralyzed (moderate to mild)​
With a snort, the referee waves her flags at the two Trainers. They pause to think about the battle, and with a nod to each other, command their Pokemon. The referee doesn't bother to deliberate or wait for anything, and nods to the Pokemon, who've paused to look at their Trainers. Garnet and Cookie turn towards each other once more, and the referee waves her flags!

Garnet, a much faster Pokemon than Cookie, reacts far quicker to the referee than the Budew. Its red gem core flashes, and concentrating on the spark of light now hovering in front of it, stretches it out into a thin square shape. Cookie looks on in mild interest as a pale yellow sheet of light forms in front of Garnet, sparkling faintly like a box of glitter. Garnet moves forwards to tap it with a limb, which goes right through. Huh.

Well, whatever. Shrugging slightly, Cookie closes her eyes and once again, extends a tendril of psychic power. It reaches the screen of light, and finds a resistances where Garnet's limb had passed through with ease. Cookie puts more pressure into the tendril, and finds that she's made her way through, through the energy's lost a bit of power as it passed through. Finding Garnet's mind, Cookie makes her way in and once more thrashes about, ruining everything she can lay her mind on and knocking Garnet off balance. The Staryu flashes an angry red, though by now it's starting to get used to the invasions. Cookie pulls out and quickly retreats back into her own mind, looking at her opponent smugly.

Garnet warbles a few words that are lost to the wind, and Cookie blinks as its core flashes twice. Garnet's gem pulses a steady red, and suddenly, seven orbs of energy surround it, hovering in the air. Cookie yelps in surprise as an odd aura takes shape around Garnet, and the orbs freeze in the air. Cookie freezes as well, and both Pokemon appear to have a stare-off.. until Garnet snaps forwards and the orbs rush at the Budew in a flurry of light. Cookie yelps as she is thrown backwards a short distance, and comes to a stop at the rocks again.

The Budew squeaks something and pushes herself up, and winces. A terrible cramp's just.. started in her side, and she finds that moving is making it worse. Cookie eases herself down onto her side, glaring at Garnet. Until the cramp fades she won't be able to move, and is completely open to the Staryu's attacks. This sucks.

Garnet flashes, appearing to be amused by Cookie's inability to do anything. Getting right to work, its core flashes and like water filling a cup, a light blue starts to spread across its gem. Once its gem is surrounded by a faint blue aura, a thin but concentrated beam of icy energy shoots from the gem, passing without resistance through the screen of light. Cookie has time to look up, just as the beam strikes her below her face. Ooh.

Cookie mutters something and stands, glaring straight at Garnet. Almost forcefully, a tendril of energy rockets out of the little Budew and forces its' way through the wall of energy in front of Garnet. Cookie tilts her head slightly and dives back into Garnet's mind, knocking the Staryu's mind about. Garnet warbles an angry exclamation, surprised by the sudden onslaught of psychic power. It falls back as Cookie retreats, somewhat appeased but still steaming. By this time, Garnet looks about as angry, but who can tell?

ROUND 3
blazheirio889(O)
staryu
Health: 59%
Energy: 60%
- Appears to be pissed off, but who can tell? Grass-typed. (Light Screen in effect for the next 3 rounds)
+1 SDef
Full Metal Cookies(O)
fm-budew.png

Health: 56%
- Shaking in anger. Paralyzed (moderate to mild)​
Terrain Notes
The water in the pond has started to warm up, but is still rather cold.

Referee Notes
-'who can tell?' is a running gag nao

-HP was Bug-type. Slightly unlucky.
-Cookie was fully paralyzed on the second action.
-Blazhy attacks first next round.

Okay then... Because I feel like it, Substitute 15%. Then Reflect, because double-screening stuff rocks. And... end with Blizzard, I guess. I feel like testing my luck. If Cookie is somehow inaccessible in any way (Protect, Detect, etc.) switch over to Cosmic Power.
Staryu needs Nasty Plot or something... MOAR STATZ

Substitute (15%) ~ Reflect ~ Blizzard/Cosmic Power

oog.

Okay, Swords Dance twice, and follow up with Iron Head. :I Not too many options, grrr.

Swords Dance ~ Swords Dance ~ Iron Head

FMC said:
1 vs 1 Single
Set

ROUND 4
blazheirio889(O)
staryu
Health: 55%
Substitute (15%) ~ Reflect ~ Blizzard/Cosmic Power
- Appears to be pissed off, but who can tell? Grass-typed. (Light Screen in effect for the next 2 rounds)
-+1 SDef
Full Metal Cookies(O)
fm-budew.png

Health: 56%
Swords Dance ~ Swords Dance ~ Iron Head
- Shaking in anger. Paralyzed (moderate to mild)​
The referee snickers at the two incredibly angry Pokemon and waves to their Trainers, ready for some destruction. Hurriedly, they command their Pokemon and the referee nods, twirling a flag like a drumstick. The battle is back underway!

Once again, Garnet is the first forwards, twirling on a point as it thinks. It pauses for a moment, and appears to remember something as its' points suddenly flare up with light. Cookie blinks as the Staryu twirls around and becomes completely encased in light, before there's a flash and two Garnets stand beside each other. One of the Garnets warbles something and disappears, leaving a confused Cookie with a faintly glowing, not moving Staryu. What just happened?

With a shrug, Cookie leans back and shouts, before righting herself and rolling across the ground. Popping up, she proceeds to perform an intricate dance that looks more and more complex as it progresses, made to look harder for the Budew as one realizes that she has no arms. Cookie looks at the motionless Staryu as she continues, and narrows her eyes. Why wasn't it trying to attack her? As she finishes her dance, the Budew sticks out a small leg to stop herself, and smirks up at the Staryu.

Cookie yelps as Garnet appears suddenly, beside the other Staryu. What was happening? Just as quickly as it appeared, a spark appears in the air in front of it and Garnet appears to focus in on that. Waving a limb, it stretches the spark out more and more until the spark is a wall of light just behind the previous screen. It's getting a bit harder to see the Staryus through the screens, and just as Cookie finds one of the Staryus' outlines through both screens, it disappears. Wonderful.

Shaking her head, Cookie leaps into the twirling dance once again. Spinning round and round, the Budew appears to fall to the ground before leaping up again, and dancing up a storm. Garnet watches from behind the referee as Cookie spins and twists, warbling something quietly. Who was she trying to impress? Was the dance meant to impress someone? In any case, Cookie's finished now, and panting a bit, she sticks a limb out to right herself. It seemed the workout had also helped to alleviate her slow limbs, and her paralysis had faded slightly.

Garnet was not very impressed with Cookie's dance, though it was a very hard to please Staryu. Warbling a few notes, it appears on the battlefield and flashes. Reaching deep inside itself for the well of energy that all its energy attacks came from, Garnet pulls a strand of energy up and finds that its core is quickly becoming blue. With a hummed few notes, the temperature around Garnet begins to drop, slowly, and with a flash, the blue colour leaves its gem and a gale of icy wind and energy rushes towards Cookie. The Budew wails as the wind tears around her and rips at her leafy skin and shivers, waiting out the miniature storm. Garnet cuts the stream of energy running from it into the air and the wind dies down. Traces of ice litter the rocks behind Cookie, and she looks up with a glare.

Lowering her head, Cookie pauses for a moment as a thin layer of liquid metal seeps out of her bud and leaks all over her bud. Garnet's substitute twitches, and as the metal begins to harden, the Budew charges. One of the layers of the light wall impede her progress, as it slows her down. Crying out, Cookie eventually forces her way through and charges into the false Staryu, knocking it back a good distance. It warbles as Garnet would have and Cookie smirks, backing away through the screens automatically. As soon as she passes she realizes it was a bad idea, and sighs. A mistake. The Substitute, controlled by Garnet, stands and waves a limb at its opponent, seeming to be completely fine about being knocked back a distance. Both turn to their Trainers, waiting to be commanded.

ROUND 4
blazheirio889(O)
staryu
Health: 40%
Energy: 40%
- Appears to be pissed off, but who can tell? Grass-typed. (Light Screen in effect for the next 2 rounds, Reflect in effect for the next 3 rounds)
+1 Sdef, +1 Def
Substitute: 6%
Full Metal Cookies(O)
fm-budew.png

Health: 45%
Energy: 50%
- Shaking in anger. Paralyzed (mild)
+2 Atk​
Terrain Notes
The water in the pond has started to warm up, but is still rather cold.

Referee Notes
-If those damned asterisks show up again ignore them >_>

-FMC attacks first next round.

oop. forgot about this. sorry

Anyway. Cookie... This isn't going well, but we can do it! Use Iron Head all three rounds, but if it protects or there is another reason you can't attack it, Swords Dance. If you feel too Paralyzed, Chill.

Iron Head / Swords dance / Chill x 3

No problem; you didn't come that close to the DQ time, and I'm busy enough as it is.

Oh hey... I see a Budew below 50% health >:) You know what that means, Garnet: Brine spammage! Just use it thrice.

Brine ~ Brine ~ Brine

ssry :<

FMC said:
1 vs 1 Single
Set

ROUND 5
blazheirio889(O)
staryu
Health: 40%
Energy: 40%
Brine x3
- Appears to be pissed off, but who can tell? Grass-typed. (Light Screen in effect for the next 1 round, Reflect in effect for the next 2 rounds)
+1 Sdef, +1 Def
Substitute: 6%
Full Metal Cookies(O)
fm-budew.png

Health: 45%
Energy: 50%
Iron Head/Swords dance/Chill x 3
- Shaking in anger. Paralyzed (mild)
+2 Atk​
Quickly, the two Trainers command their Pokemon and wait expectantly for the referee, who appears to have died or something. She squeaks and wakes up, waving her flags sheepishly. If the battlers weren't paying attention, they wouldn't have noticed she wasn't either.. right? The Pokemon on the field look up in surprise and stand, ready to continue this. Let's go!

Once again, Garnet appears on the field with a bang and pop. Wasting no time, it turns to the pool behind Cookie and raises a limb, the water rising up at its call. Cookie faces Garnet and braces herself, not too sure what it'll attack with.. behind the Budew, a wave of salty, sea water rises behind the small wave Garnet has already called. Completely unprepared, Cookie wails as the salty water crashes down on her, washing into her various wounds and battering her about. She shakes her head to dry it a bit, as salty droplets of water go flying.

Cookie shivers as a wind blows through the arena, feeling a lot colder due to her water-drenched body. Shutting it all out, she tenses a muscle in her bud and a small spurt of liquid metal flows out. She pauses as it spreads, and when the Budew is satisfied that the metal has set enough, charges forwards, head down. Garnet warbles a few notes and disappears, leaving its substitute behind the two screens of light. Cookie yelps as she almost bounces off the second layer, and frowns as she backs up a bit and charges through. Though she's lost some momentum, the adrenaline in her veins pushes her forwards as she rams into the fake Staryu.

It explodes in a shower of fresh water and glittering sparks. Garnet flashes in alarm as it is dragged from its safe spot onto the battlefield, and looks around in surprise. It seems the little Budew's gone and destroyed its substitute.. no matter. It was time to get back to work. Lifting a limb, a small wave rises out of the pool and Cookie turns to face the pool. She knows what to expect this time, though as the salt wave rises up behind the small wave Cookie is knocked onto her back by the wave, screaming. Salt gets into every single scrape on her, into her eyes and mouth, which is incredibly painful, and the pain starts to fade. Dammit, the Budew thinks, and locates the Staryu behind the two barriers.

Cookie blinks as liquid metal runs down her bud, and wasting no time, charges through the barriers, ignoring the second as it tries to hold her in place. Pushing off the ground, Cookie flies into Garnet as the metal still dries, leaving silver traces on the Staryu. It starts to warble but is cut off as it is slammed against the ground. It can see Cookie retreating through the barriers, but for the moment, has to will to move.

What force was behind that blow? Garnet gets back up on its limbs, and stares at Cookie through the barriers. If she was battered over and over again by the salt wave and didn't have to hesitate, which of them was the greater battler? Garnet twitches and warbles something unintelligible, and Cookie looks up. Why hasn't it attacked yet? Well whatever, it doesn't matter.

Waiting no longer for Garnet, Cookie gives it a fair warning, pretty sure of herself now. More metal seeps out of her bud, and with a second's hesitation to let it dry, Cookie lowers her head and charges through the barriers. Like before, the second barrier does its best to hold her in place, though with a cry, she frees herself and charges into Garnet. With a flash, it falls back and hits the ground hard. When the Staryu stands back up, it must have been a few seconds as all humans and Cookie are looking at it oddly. Traces of silver dot Garnet's body, along with the green of its camouflage. With a flash, it turns to its Trainer and away from Cookie. Whatever.

ROUND 5
blazheirio889(O)
staryu
Health: 11%
Energy: 23%
- Mildly pissed off, though it seems to have calmed down from last round. Grass-typed. (Light Screen in effect for the next 1 round, Reflect in effect for the next 2 rounds)
+1 Sdef, +1 Def
Full Metal Cookies(O)
fm-budew.png

Health: 23%
Energy: 38%
- Smug. Paralyzed (mild)
+2 Atk​
Terrain Notes
The area around Cookies is soaked with quickly drying salt water.

Referee Notes
-Garnet flinched on the third action.
-Blazhy commands first next round.

FFF Flinch. I forgot about that. Damnit how I wish I was attacking 2nd this round D: Then I could've used all sorts of sneaky underhanded tricks.

Crappity crap crap crap... Well, from Dragon's calculations before, another Iron Head will do 9% damage... It'll come just short of killing a small Substitute. So, let's raise one. After that, Chill behind your structure, and finally use Recover. We should have very little energy left, but enough to keep on fighting. :< Ugh, tough spot...

Substitute (10%) ~ Chill ~ Recover

Hopefully luck is on our side, Cookie! I'll keep this simple, and hope you get a lucky break with speed.

Swords Dance ~ Iron Head ~ Iron Head

Back
Top Bottom