• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The "You Lie" issue

Well, it was very rude to shout something like that out on national television. Even if I do agree with him.

This state sucks.
(And that is what I think.)

EDIT: @ Dinru, our dumbarse representative called Obama a liar during a speech.

Last edited:
that senator is kinda stupid for doing that. especially during a speech. that's just very disrespectful.

what a dumbass! What exactly did he expect to achieve with that? >.>

Wonder where he was during Bush's 'We have found weapons of mass destruction' speech and countless others.
Sat in the corner twiddling his thumbs, thinking it's such a bad idea that it doesn't even warrant a response and the American people will show their hand in time.

Well, it was very rude to shout something like that out on national television. Even if I do agree with him.

you do? okay then, show me the part of the healthcare bill that will give free healthcare to illegal immigrants.

I found SNLs interpritation of it very entertaining. :>
But on the actual thing, you don't shout "You lie" in the middle of a speech, even if he is lying. You raise your hand (Or whatever they do to ask questons during a speech) and comment on the credibility of the persons statement.
I sound like a teacher. -__-;;;

you do? okay then, show me the part of the healthcare bill that will give free healthcare to illegal immigrants.

Show me the part of his presidency where Obama has actually done something, as opposed to just saying that he will, and not.

Show me the part of his presidency where Obama has actually done something, as opposed to just saying that he will, and not.

"I am going to ignore your argument and ask a completely irrelevant question".

I am not saying I think Obama is an excellent president who has delivered everything he has promised (though, seriously, have you taken a look at the economy lately?). I am saying that he was accused of lying when, if one but bothered to read the bill, it is clear he was telling the truth. Thus, I repeat: show me the part of the healthcare bill which contradicts what Obama said.

It's a completely relevant question. Obama's entire campaign was based on change. What has he changed so far, almost a year into his presidency? NOTHING. That is the lie.

It's a completely relevant question. Obama's entire campaign was based on change. What has he changed so far, almost a year into his presidency? NOTHING. That is the lie.

You are completely ignoring my question. Wilson accused Obama of lying about a very specific point of the healthcare bill; prove to me that this is so.

As for what he has changed? Like I said, have you looked at the economy lately? Have you noticed the efforts to shut down Guantanamo Bay, to end the Iraq war? Please stop making wildly ignorant statements.

PS: Maybe Obama could get more done if the GOP stopped acting like his election didn't count because he isn't one of them (or possibly white).

I don't agree with the senator, no. But I found Bush getting shoes thrown at him pretty funny, so I don't think I have the right to get all butthurt about this just because this time I'm cool with the guy it's directed at.

I think it's amazingly pathetic, but all it means is that he's exactly like all the other white republican men in this country. Someone at a town hall meeting here did the exact same thing.

Granted, it's different when some random person does it compared to when someone in a position of relative power does it.

Back
Top Bottom