• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Writing Competition

Lorem Ipsum

Pronoun
x
So, in part two of my ‘getting the Writing community more active’ drive, I’m going to start a writing competition for anybody who wants to to enter. Basically, it involves any member of this forum posting their writing in this thread, for judging by me and a vote from everybody else.

The writing itself can be of any style whatsoever, and can be written in any combination of tense and person. The only restriction is that it can be no longer than 3,000 words, or about 6 pages in a Microsoft Word document at size 12 font. When you are happy with what you’re going to submit, please post it in this thread, so everybody else can read it.

The way that you’re going to be marked is that each story is going to be judged and reviewed by me, and there will also be a poll running for people to register their votes. In each situation, the best story will get the top marks available (so if there are eight pieces of writing, the winner of the poll will get eight points), and the worse story will always get one point. For example, if somebody wrote a story called ‘Me and my Box’, and I judged it to be the worse, it would get one point. But if the voters all thought it the best out of five entries, the story would get five points from them. Therefore, the overall score would be six. The story with the highest amount of points wins.

So there it is, explained for you. Now all we need are some entries for judging and voting on. There is an unlimited number of places, and you have until Wednesday 7th October to make your entries by posting in the thread. They will then be judged by Friday, with the vote results coming out then also. First, second and third places will all get trophies, made by me.

So without further ado, submit your writing!

Last edited:
Yeah, if people are going to enter, but not posting because they haven't finished, I'd really appreciate it if you could post to state an intention of entering.

Could it be extended, the deadline, I mean?
I just read about this now and wanted to enter. It looks cool. :(

Back
Top Bottom