• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ghosts and Ghost Types

Connor O'Reilly

chrisdoyle the Red-Eyes Darkness Duelist
Here's a point:

A Pokemon I have created is a ghost of a Psychic Type, but here's the thing, is it Psychic/Ghost Type?

And are Ghost Types! Are they Ghost Pokemon, or are they the ghosts of Pokemon?

...If they were ghosts of Pokemon, then breeding them would:

A) Be impossible
B) Not lead to the basic form of the ghost specie if the female is the ghost

The ghost type seems to be pokemon spirit without a solid body

There are actual ghosts in R/B/Y/FR/LG - Ghastly/Haunter show up as these before obtaining the silph scope, and there is the ghost of a Marowak.

Your pokemon would probably be psychic/ghost if it's 'death' was an evolution or it was the spirit of a being with psychic powers. If's is a dead psychic type pokemon then it would probably be the same as the marowak - which i think is pure ground, making your's pure psychic

Well, I think it depends on the Pokemon. For Froslass, it seems like the Ghost template is only applicable to its kimono part, which the Pokedex says isn't its real body. Misdreavus is like a poltergeist and Ghastly is just the literal dead soul of a Pokemon who for some reason came back (probably due to bad circumstances, it being a Poison type as well). Spiritomb is literally a cursed bundle of souls. So if your Pokemon fulfills some sort of ghostly requirement, then yes, but not if it just seems like it might have a few characteristics that could be Ghost-like.

Ghost-types are Pokemon with no corporeal body, but instead a gaseous mesh of DNA, water, various compounds that help the Pokemon use attacks, and, in the Gengar line, toxins.

Well, some of the Pokedexes of Ghost types mention them being the spirits Pokemon or similar.

Drifloon: A Pokémon formed by the spirits of people and Pokémon. It loves damp, humid seasons.
Spiritomb: A Pokémon that was formed by 108 spirits. It is bound to a fissure in an Odd Keystone

Back
Top Bottom