• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rival Names

glitchedgamer

GET EQUIPPED WITH
Simple: What have you named your rival?

I have several names for multiple runthroughs:

R/B/Y: Gary, Blue, Stalin
G/S/C: Greg, Silver (Suprisingly not ???)
FR/LG: Gary, Blue
DPPt: Fred, Demitri

...I felt so frustated about the Diamond rival that I named him "Ur' Mom". Childish, I know. ;D

Sometimes I've named him "Gay" or something else, so I wouldn't feel as frustated when I lost to him.

Dppt: Idiot, asshole, dogcrap, cookie, ur ballz, (sex joke), and more stuff.

Hehehe...
"My idiot went out like a rocket!"
"Ur ballz mother wants to talk to you!"

My rival in FRLG was named, for no apparent reason, Garnery. Not sure why.

I think that once I named my rival Eric Bauman for no apparent reason.

I've always named my rival Lance ever since the first games. The thing back in RBY-GSC is that there were ALREADY an important guy named Lance. So when I saw I had to beat a Lance training dragons as the final Elite 4 in RBY, I thought that guy just picked the named of your rival out of him fanboying over the rival (I was young, okay? D: ). So yeah, had two Lances to worry about in my time.

Although now I got a new one as a sort of joke with friend. :I

I'm pretty sure I named my rival in Gold either 'shitface', 'shitmon' or 'asshole'. I can't remember which.
Other than that it's usually my boyfriend's name because I often let him borrow the counterparts.

FR I named the rival "Banana". I completely forgot about this and then there was the tense build up about how "someone already became the champion before you! Their name is Banana!" or something.

Firered me Luigi rival Mario XD
Pearl me Pockets (old nickname) rival rlyagirl (REALLY BOERD)
Plat me MAMALUIGI rival GAYLUIGI

Also on my crystal I named my rival !!! well I was olny 5 lmao.

Usually, in the first generation and FR/LG, I name my rival merely Gary, although at one point I named my Blue rival something like "Stringy", and another time it was something that was a jumble of characters that had "(" and ".m" somewhere in it; both were for Missingno. experiments.

Also, I named my rival in Crystal "SAKON!" once for some reason, so I'm naming him Sakon in SoulSilver.

In Diamond, my name is Sunday, so I named my rival Tuesday.

I can't remember his name in Platinum. :<

In Pearl, his name is (guy) [mine is (name)].

In Platinum, his name is a random jumble of numbers I have now forgotten.

In my newly-started Diamond, I forgot his name already D:

Gold: ??? (my old one)/Basil (Harvest Moon Magical Melody. If you've seen Louis's rival heart scene you'll know why)
LeafGreen: Nick (random kid I didn't like)/Society (I named my character Honor. Yeah.)
Diamond: Kazune (Kamichama Karin thing. *shrugs*)
Platinum: Xavier (random.)

Seriously, when Professor Oak first said "Honor and Society," I just started cracking up. XD

In the past I have named my rival highly offensive words that I will not repeat at this time, but recently (D/P) my friend and I bought the game at roughly the same time, therefore we named our rivals after eachother, pretty good idea, no?

Back
Top Bottom