• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Riddle Game

Karkat Vantas

Virile God-Snake Tower of Masculinity
This game is fairly simple. I give you a riddle relating to a Pokemon, and you must figure out what Pokemon I'm talking about. Sample from an earlier instance of such a thread:

Using Dihydrogen Monoxide or Trinitrotoluene is useless against me.
I am one eiji away from my Prevo.
Staring at me will cause you to experience torpidity

The answer is Poliwhirl, because...

Using Dihydrogen Monoxide or Trinitrotoluene is useless against me.Dihydrogen Monoxide is the scientific name for water; Water Absorb renders Water attacks useless. Trinitrotoluene is TNT, and Damp prevents Selfdestruct and Explosion from working.
I am one eiji away from my Prevo.
This is a stupid one. Eiji is japanese for 'English letter', and Poliwhirls Japanese name (Nyorozo) is one letter different from Poliwag's (Nyoromo)
Staring at me will cause you to experience torpidity
Torpidity means drowzy, and it's stated that looking into Poliwhirl's swirl makes you drowzy.

Now, for my riddle...

Though Shuckle will deem me useless
Electrode will see my potential
To train me requires careful prediction
Vingt sept sans seize
Before you try again

EDIT: Try that one if you want, but if you can't get it...

Uno, dos, tres!
I avoid being seen!
There's a statue of me
And it's all in my genes.

Last edited:
...alright, I'm assuming this one is too hard. In which case...

Uno, dos, tres!
I avoid being seen!
There's a statue of me
And it's all in my genes.

Like I said, it was just a random guess: AND
1. Avoid being seen (outside of a Nintendo event, it's impossible to encounter Mew..)
2. In its genes (Mew was the ancestor of all Pokemon {or something like that...})
3. Statue (Can't remember which game, but it had statues of Mew in it...maybe not, a random image flashed through my brain)

Good guess, but you're taking the word "Genes" too literally. I'm not referring to DNA or stuff like that... a quick search might give you some clues.

Nope.

As you've guessed, the first two lines refer to speed... but what Pokemon would require their opponent to have good speed?

I thought of Electrode for that first one, but didn't bother guessing.

Also, is that second one Mewtwo?

uh, not Elecrode. If you know what line four says, you'll be better off.

Nope, not Mewtwo. I'm not referring to that sort of Gene.

Um, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the Pokémon referred to in the first riddle is Togepi and the second one is Groudon. Why? 'Cause I just do. =/

"Though Shuckle will deem me useless
Electrode will see my potential
-> Refers to speed as you stated
"To train me requires careful prediction -> Probably refers to the move Metronome.
"Vingt sept sans seize -> Translation (from French): "Twenty seven without sixty" ... um, I don't get it. ^^;
"Before you try again"

"Uno, dos, tres!
I avoid being seen!
There's a statue of me
And it's all in my genes."

^Um, according to what I found, Groudon's name seems to be a combination of ground and don, the Spanish word for 'lord'. Groudon is hidden. And I believe 'genes' refer to origin of the Pokémon's creation.

Meh, I'm just blabbing stuff. =P Your riddles sound more like they belong to "The Clue Game" in my opinion.

Sixty? No, it's sixteen. Unless Babelfish screwed up.

Not Togepi, not Groudon.

For the first one, it has nothing to do with the Pokemon's speed itself. It's why you'd need good speed if you wanted to train one.

For the second one, the fact that it's in Spanish has nothing to do with anything. Uno, dos, tres... come on. What does that refer to?

It's not genes I'm referring to. It's Gene Gene Gene Gene Gene Gene Gene Genes. The first and third clues are the most important.

Whoops, my bad. ^^; It IS sixteen, not "soixante". *Facepalm fail* ("Twenty-seven without sixteen").

Meh, I tried. Hmm, what could it be? *Ponders*

Last edited:
Nope. For all riddles, the answer is just one Pokemon.

For the second one... come on, guys. Uno, dos, tres... three... Three is the key word here.

27 without 16... you know basic math, right?

11 is actually quite important in this Pokemon's moveset...

Are you guys stumped? I'll give you a hint if you want one.

HOLY CRAP you got it right.

Let me explain.

The first two lines refer to Sketch. If your Pokemon is faster than Smeargle, Smeargle will learn their move. If they go slower than Smeargle, though, Smeargle will only know Struggle and be useless. Kind of confusing, but you're best off facing a faster Pokemon when you try to Sketch.
Next line is fairly obviously referring to Sketch again.
It learns Sketch every eleven levels, so if you screw up, you have to wait for it to level up eleven turns. (Hence the fourth and fifth lines.)

You get to make a riddle now! Yay!

Back
Top Bottom