• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

geekyfreek vs. Twiggy for victory

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
Usually I'd quote geekyfreek's post right now, but, since there were some changes made to the challenge in Twiggy's post...

Want to fight me? I acctualy don't have challenges running(expect the one against chaon which isn't even on the challenge board. and scyther didn't accept my challenge).

Uh, would you accept this little edit?

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Two weeks
Damage Cap: 10%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather related moves.
Arena: 3 foot high glass box

Just your average everyday heavy duty glass box that's unbreakable and goes down to the bedrock. Trainers stand on top near little holes so their Pokémon can hear their orders.

In addition, the glass box is always filled with a dark gas, lowering the accuracy of every move by 3% and having the permanent effect of haze, meaning stat changes can't occur, no matter for what reason they would happen.

Only Pokémon under 3 feet tall can fight.

Edit: profile

geekyfreek's active squad:
- Pyre (Male Cyndaquil - Blaze)
- Graze (Female Eevee - Adaptability)
- Zen (Male Buziel - Swift Swim)

Twiggy for victory's active squad:
- Larry (Male Chimchar - Blaze)
- Gorda (Male Rhyhorn - Rock Head - Signature Move: Mt. Powerhouse striker)
- Lena (Female Happiny - Serene Grace)
- Keylle (Male Shinx - Intimidate)

The number 4 I rolled says:
- Twiggy for victory sends out
- geekyfreek sends out and issues commands
- Twiggy for victory issues commands
- I ref

I doubt any of the Pokémon you both have is taller than 3ft, but, I'll run a check anyway.

EDIT: Rhyhorn are 3'3.4" tall. If I didn't misread it (after all, I'm used to meters), that means he can't be chosen for this battle.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll send out Zen!

First, use Swift, then use Quick Attack to get near Larry, and finally use Water Gun as close as you can.

Swift ~ Quick Attack ~ Water Gun

(Late post is late.)

Okay, Larry, first of all use Fake out to make our enemy flinch(flinch isn't a status after all). Then, use Focus Punch if our "friend" uses quick attack only to get close, or ThunderPunch if it is used to hit you. Finally, use another ThunderPunch.

Fake Out~Focus Punch/ThunderPunch~ThunderPunch

Really sorry for the delay.
3vs3 single

Round 1

geekyfreek (OOO)
Currently out: Zen
Buizel
Male Buizel
Ability: Swift Swim
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Finding the lack of that much space between his head and the ceiling uncomfortable.
Commands: Swift ~ Quick Attack ~ Water Gun

Lars the Turtwig (OOO)
Currently out: Larry
Chimchar
Male Chimchar
Ability: Blaze
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Moving around, but careful not to hit the roof.
Commands: Fake Out ~ Focus Punch/Thunderpunch ~ Thunderpunch

Just your average everyday heavy duty glass box that's unbreakable and goes down to the bedrock. Trainers stand on top near little holes so their Pokémon can hear their orders.

In addition, the glass box is always filled with a dark gas, lowering the accuracy of every move by 3% and having the permanent effect of haze, meaning stat changes can't occur, no matter for what reason they would happen.
Arena status: Unchanged.

-----​

Three people jump from a platform to the top of a galss box. They know it's unbreakable, so, they have no fear of crushing it with their weight.

Two of them crouch near small holes placed on opposite sides, and the third one signals for them to commence the duel.

The trainers look down on the arena, noticing the gas hanging around, only leaving an opening near the top of the box. Too heavy to rise and escape through the holes, and while not totally obscuring, a bit troublesome to see through.

One one side, a Pokéball beam goes through the "ceiling" of the box and gains the shape of an otter with a forked tail and fins on the arms. On the other side, a chimp with fire on the back appears.

Orders are issued through the holes, and the Pokémon turn around to face each other. In what probably was a split second after the voices came to a standstill, Larry leapt, his fist pointed at Zen's face. Just before the attack landed, however, the Chimchar punched the air, afterwards landing directly in front of his enemy, who, expecting an attack, covered his face and stumbled backwards, hitting his head on one of the box's walls. The "attack" was so startling, it messes with the Buizel's concentration, messing with the orders as he remembered them. After some effort, he could only remember he had to use Quick Attack and Water Gun.

Failing to remember he was only supposed to use Quick Attack in order to get in his foe's direct close-quarters, he instead used the attack normally. He ran towards the target at top speed, then punched him on the side of the head. It wasn't that strong, but to the attacker, it sure worked as a means of getting payback por that Fake Out earlier.

While he had his back to the opponent, however, the fire-type monkey had already began his next move. He had summoned electric-type powers that hid his essence, using them to generate electricity on his fists. Afterwards, he turned around and unleashed an uppercut. The momentum, coupled with the fact it hit the target square on the jaw, made it a very painful blow to feel. At that point, he got surrounded by a red aura.

He stood up and roared, seeking revenge for that last hit. He knew the next move wasn't going to be strong, but it would do. He spat a thin stream of water right at the foe's face, sending him stumbling backwards. As a fire-type, he obviously hated water-type attacks. As he became surrounded by the same red aura his foe had (though much fainter), he turned around with a glare on.

His hands crackled with elecricity again, and he unleashed a jab... Only to see it completely fail to impact the target.

Round 1 – End

geekyfreek (OOO)
Buizel
Male Buizel
Health: 90%
Energy: 96%
Condition: Laughing at Larry.

Lars the Turtwig (OOO)
Chimchar
Male Chimchar
Energy: 81%
Condition: Wondering why did that last Thunderpunch do nothing.​

Additional notes:
- Lars the Turtwig, since it wasn't approved until after I took the match, I'm disregarding Larry's Signature Attribute. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to do that.
- Zen flinched on the first action.
- Thunderpunch at the second action scored a critical hit.
- Zen hit twice past the damage cap at the second action (holy crap).
- Larry touched the damage cap at the third action (as in, at that point, damage dealt to him was exactly the same as the cap).
- Lars the Turtwig attacks first next round.

Okay, that round wasn't so good, but we'll kick their ass!

First, use thunderpunch. If he protects, Chill, and if he chills, still Chill.

If he hit the damage cap in the second action, just Chill again. If he didn't hit it and is close to hitting, or wasn't hurt at all, use a FirePunch.

In the final action, Chill if he protects or set up Stealth Rock if he doesn't.
Protect if mr. Buizel decides to mimic us with the Stealth Rock idea.

ThunderPunch/Chill~Chill/FirePunch~Chill/Stealth Rock/Protect

(Stealth rock is a trap, not a status)

Doing great so far! Let's keep at it!

First of all, let's be annoying and use that Chill to our advantage.

Secondly, use a Water Pulse.

Last, just protect, since I don't really like any of the other options Lars gives us.

Chill~Water Pulse~Protect

3vs3 single

Round 2

geekyfreek (OOO)
Buizel
Male Buizel
Energy: 96%
Condition: Laughing at Larry.
Commands: Thunderpunch/Chill ~ Chill/Fire Punch ~ Chill/Stealth Rock/Protect

Lars the Turtwig (OOO)
Chimchar
Male Chimchar
Energy: 81%
Condition: Wondering why did that last Thunderpunch do nothing.
Commands: Chill ~ Water Pulse ~ Protect

-----​

Beggining to take notice of how quick both Pokémon where to reach the damage cap, the trainers issued commands, carefully attempting to avoid wasting energy.

This was made clear as the battlers did not actually battle until after a while -- they had spent some time before lieing down. Though the glass box wasn't exactly a comfortable place, there sure are worse ones.

When they stood up, both were already ready to attack. Larry spat fire on his knuckle and rushed towards the foe, but was beaten to the punch; Zen had gotten the upper hand for being faster and for having been commanded to use a projectile attack; specifically, a blast of water contained inside a potent sound wave. The attack sent its target to the ground.

Already surrounded once more by a faint red glow, the Chimchar reinitiated his attack, and tried to punch his opponent on the jaw again. However, a clever dodge made the attack strike on the shoulder instead, stopping it from becoming dangerous.

Right after receiving that attack, the Buizel stepped back and put his arms in a defensive position. The Chimchar poked an area close to the enemy, finding a pale green veil. That was, most probably, Protect. As ordered, he stepped back and settled down on the ground, resting again.

Round 2 – End

geekyfreek (OOO)
Buizel
Male Buizel
Health: 85%
Energy: 92%
Condition: Still expecting an attack.

Lars the Turtwig (OOO)
Chimchar
Male Chimchar
Health: 80%
Energy: 95%
Condition: Peacefully regaining energy.​

Additional notes:
- Zen's Chill at the first action didn't recover as much as it ordinarily would because otherwise his energy would surpass 100%. The energy spent at the other two actions would bring it back to below 100%, but I'm pretty sure energy and health aren't supposed to be past 100% even if it's only between actions.
- Once more, at the second action, Larry reached a total of damage that equaled the damage cap.
- geekyfreek attacks first next round.

I regret to inform that, even with the downtime accounted for, geekyfreek is one day away from a DQ.

So, DQ warning for geekyfreek. I need your commands by tomorrow.

Take into account the fact time zones exist and I disregarded specific timing when I issued the DQ warning.

I never said I'd DQ geekyfreek in 24 hours; I said I needed her post by today.

If we don't get the post later today (probably by the night), then I'll do the DQ, but...

And there we go. Since it's already 2 hours past the time it was when I posted this match to begin with, I regret to inform geekyfreek has been disqualified.

If I'm not mistaken, prizes are as follows: Lars gets $8; I get $5; Larry and Zen get 1 point of experience each.

It was good while it lasted.

Back
Top Bottom