• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gauging Interest for an AU multifandom LJ RP

surskitty

「にがいのは いやだ」って…
Pronoun
they
PREMISE: Alternate universe, probably starting with something like CYBERPUNK AU GO, where the AU theme'd change semi-frequently and would include things like "CYBERPUNK GO" or "OPPOSITE PERSONALITIES" or "SUCH AND SUCH MAJOR CHANGE IN CHARACTER'S PAST WITH DRASTIC CONSEQUENCES".

CHARACTERS: It would be MULTIFANDOM and OC-friendly. Factions from various series would be merged or separated based on character interaction or rule of cool, so for example maybe Phoenix Wright somehow ends up helping out Harry Dresden in one AU and then they're close contacts in later ones who'd've known each other for ages. Or maybe Mia gets resurrected for some reason in one universe and it carries over to the next one so Phoenix and Maya don't end up close friends there but do whenever there's a universe with GHOST MIA again. Or ... something fuck if I know. DON'T JUDGE ME

Character abilities may or may not continue to exist in given AUs depending on if it makes sense. Memories of the AU where any given interaction took place would carry over iff the character in question would know that sort of thing. So Mukuro or Byakuran from KHR would be crazy-aware and ... I don't know what other characters break spacetime or reincarnate on a regular basis. \o\ But usually it wouldn't carry over.

PLOT: Proooobably something involving a mysterious cross-world virtual reality conspiracy type thing. Uh. I'd figure something out eventually; it would not be plot-heavy. There would be a plot, but the plot would not be the point.

SETTING: IT'D CHANGE FREQUENTLY. Particular topics could be suggested by the playerbase and approved by mods. Which AU when would be voted on probably a week in advance so people could figure

Is this cliche? Something anyone in particular would be interested in playing? Modding?

I'D PROBABLY JOIN

... I LIKE CAPSLOCK A LOT
IT APPEALS, MAN

OUR SOULS SPEAK TO EACH OTHER.

Since this'd be an LJ RP and I'd want people to set up character journals, I'd allow multiple characters as long as people, y'know, play them. Mostly IC-ly, even. \o/

HOW APPS WILL WORK:
17:41:19 < surskitty> Tailsy: so maybe HERE IS A SIMPLE FORM FOR BASICS
17:41:21 < surskitty> HERE IS A POST
17:41:31 < surskitty> PLAY IN THIS POST UNTIL YOU ARE EITHER APPROVED OR DENIED
17:41:38 < Verne> Oh good
17:41:42 < Tailsy> that seems logical!
17:41:42 < surskitty> OTHER PLAYERS MAY COMMENT ABOUT WHAT THEY THINK

There will also be the rule of DO NOT BE BORING. BLOCKS OF TEXT ARE INSTANT-OUT.

I need a name for this. It needs to be less than fifteen characters long because it'd be an LJ community.

Last edited:
I would love to do this, but I don't have an LJ. Is there a specific reason why you want it there? Just asking.

Because single-thread RPs are hard to follow and I'd want it to be decent-sized because tbh almost all RPs on TCoD suck. If it's on LJ or GJ or IJ or Dreamwidth or something, I can advertise it on relevant journal communities and expect that maybe someone'll look at it and consider it. If I keep it on TCoD, then I can't and really ... this isn't the sort of thing that would work well with five characters.

Livejournal's free to join, but you wouldn't have to make an OOC journal: I'd accept apps posted anonymously. You'd still need to make an IC journal, though.

We wouldn't have to make journals for everyone, right...? cause that seems like a lot of journals idk.

And and. I remember this from like a few months ago. And another one from a few months ago too. And... (I'll join, but... pessimistically realistic.)

Have faith: I'm not going to go for characters I can't actually play and anyway I'm not running much of a plot. It's totally doable.

...you're assuming I have more than a vague idea who I'm joining as. *stretches brain*

Back
Top Bottom