• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Mafia: Day 2

Who dies today?

• Twiggy for Victory

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • blazheirio889

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
As the sun sinks down behind the trees, the trainers drift back to the little places they've marked out for themselves on the sand, settling down for what is sure to be a nerve-wracking night. This time more of them get a bit of sleep, though this is mostly just because their failure to do so earlier is starting to catch up with them. Shivering within their costumes, they wait out the night in varying states of discomfort and unease.

When morning arrives, there is no question as to who the mafia's target was over the previous night. A driftwood gallows has sprung up at the middle of the beach, and swinging from its gnarled beam is Chiropter's body. How the mafia managed to bring in or assemble a gallows without anyone noticing, much less execute someone on it, is beyond the trainers who gather at the base of the grisly structure. For the moment, they're feeling too depressed to really speculate, anyway, and it's not as though everything about their situation isn't already surreal. At least now they have a less up-close-and-personal means by which to execute their chosen victim at the end of the day.

Well, everyone except Flora and Ashes, that is. Quite unlike her peers, she seems to find the sand more than passably comfortable and snoozes right through roll call and the discovery of Chiropter's body. All attempts at rousing her fail and several trainers gather around her to gawk, at a total loss about her condition.

Chiropter is dead. He was not mafia.

Forty-eight hours for discussion.

Okay. So there's another death...and someone asleep.

I'm rather suspicious of Flora now; last year we put one of our own (myself actually) to sleep to throw the innocents of the trail.

But then there's the fact that Twiggy practically announced that he was MurrMurr last day.

So guys. What do we do.

hm...Since someone did die last night, the the Alien didn't get attacked. Thus, we must kill MurrMurr now or suffer for it later.

But I will wait for others to post before Nom'ing anyone at this point. We may find another player that seems to be very...shady.

While it's in everyones interests to find MurrMurr(r), it's pretty obvious Twiggy was pulling another wise-arse move. :/
Albeit, we really don't have any other leads right now.. Flora sleeping is a bit of a red flag but.. well, I'll reserve my opinion for later after we get some other peoples.

While it's in everyones interests to find MurrMurr(r), it's pretty obvious Twiggy was pulling another wise-arse move. :/
Albeit, we really don't have any other leads right now.. Flora sleeping is a bit of a red flag but.. well, I'll reserve my opinion for later after we get some other peoples.

Uh... Wise-arse? What's that?

And I think I should start learning that putting stupid and false comments usually leads me into trouble...(just like what happened me today in school when I gave some stupid comment)

Twiggy might very well have been joking, but you really don't do that in Mafia, so... I've got no leads either :| At the moment, like FMC said, I'm slightly suspicious of Flora. Not gonna nominate anyone, though.

...Do any of you know anyone who likes strangling or otherwise depriving victims of oxygen as a way of murder?

hm...Since someone did die last night, the the Alien didn't get attacked. Thus, we must kill MurrMurr now or suffer for it later.

I don't know that hunting MurrMurr(r) down now is worth too much effort--he's only a threat if no one has died, after all, and he automatically loses if the innocents win. We'll never know for sure if we do get him during the day unless he's already in alien-mode, after all, so we might as well lynch anyone and everyone for all it will actually tell us. :/ At this point it would be more productive to focus on the Mafia, and become cautious about alien annihilation only when we actually have reason to believe that MurrMurr(r)'s effect has been triggered.

...actually, I'm halfway tempted to believe that Kam was MurrMurr(r), misunderstood his role and then intentionally drew our fire, only to realize later that he'd done it wrong and should have waited. He seems intelligent enough not to have made that mistake, which is why I'm not completely convinced that it's true, but I have seen aliens make the same error in past Mafia games so it's a possibility.

As for Flora being suspicious, eh... well, now we do know that at least one of the Dragon(r) or Blazhy(r) players has the grasswhistle effect, but that doesn't automatically mean that that player has sided with the Mafia or that, if he/she is Mafia, that they'd think the same way the previous year's Mafia did. It's a flimsy suspicion at best, but I suppose it's better than nothing unless someone can come up with something more concrete.

At first I was leaning toward voting off Twiggy, but then Kratos' first paragraph made more sense. And... something I was thinking of during the night - Kam could very well /have/ been Mafia. In the rules, it says the variable alignments show as innocent no matter what alignment they actual are. But... that's less likely, now that we know at least one of them are still alive. Less likely, but possible! Just my two cents.

Looking at it in any way, I just read MurrMurr's(R) description, and the description says MurrMurr kills everyone when voted to die, meaning that the player controlling MurrMurr(r) will do his best to become the 'special form' and get everyone to vote for him to be killed, meaning he will kill everyone.

Im saying this to make it clear that if someone tries to make everyone vote for him to die, he might be MurrMurr(r) or just wants everyone to be distracted.

Confusing...

Here's where it gets complicated (no, wait, it was complicated from the beginning): Would it be a good survival tactic, then, to pretend one was MurrMurr(r) and constantly provoke people, to the degree that people figure out you're trying to get killed, and then deliberately not kill you? ...This makes my brain hurt ._.

Also: does the method by which the person dies have anything to do with the member of the Mafia that killed them, or is it all just flavor text?

So roles aren't revealed when someone dies..? Huh.

Flora must have been either good at Mafia, or important to be Grasswhistle'd, or Dragon/Blazhy(r) is just randomly choosing people. :V

@Twitch: Well, I don't think so :| People playing Mafia like to play by the rule 'better safe than sorry', I've observed; if anyone's acting the slightest bit suspicious, then their head gets lopped off. Simple as that.

@Dragon: Last year, I don't believe Flora really participated much. I get the impression that she knows Mafia well enough, but doesn't post because she doesn't get leads/prefers to let other people do all the work (>:|). Assuming that one of the Dragon/Blazhy(r) sided with the Mafia, I can't think of any reason why they'd put her to sleep. Even if that Dragon/Blazhy wasn't in the Mafia, I can't think of any reasons. I'm inclined to think that Flora was randomly picked - it's far too early to have a good idea on who has what role.

Here's where it gets complicated (no, wait, it was complicated from the beginning): Would it be a good survival tactic, then, to pretend one was MurrMurr(r) and constantly provoke people, to the degree that people figure out you're trying to get killed, and then deliberately not kill you? ...This makes my brain hurt ._.

Also: does the method by which the person dies have anything to do with the member of the Mafia that killed them, or is it all just flavor text?

What Blazhy(p) said, and even if that worked the Mafia would probably just go after that person in the night anyway. If you lied about being the alien then, well, sucks for you, you just got Mafia'd; even if you were telling the truth and got activated, people would already be paranoid and abstain from lynching during the day, and the Mafia would just get you again the next night and finish you off.

And for the most part it's probably flavor text. I wouldn't read much into it--we're supposed to figure this out based on each other's actions, not hints from the GM.

I'd agree that it's mostly flavour text, but I'm pretty sure that the Mafia leader gets to choose how he kills. So, Kusari liked sharp things (:D), and Animorph killed in more eccentric ways. I think I've said that before. Anyway, killing style is probably the only clue you can derive from the descriptions of how people died.

Last year, though, Music Dragon(r) had blood that was unnaturally dark, so we may as well watch for that. ...I think that's it, regarding the death descriptions.

More lists. Whee...

ROLES
Animorph
Chiropter
Kratos Aurion
rock-ground
Jack_the_PumpkinKing
Prettzel
L'il Dwagie
Full Metal Cookies
moon-panther
Kindling Queen
Grass King
Dragon
blazheirio889
MurrMurr
13 Normal Members

Deaths reported as Mafia: 0
Deaths reported as Not Mafia: 3

Either Dragon(r) or blazhy(r) has chosen Terrain Effect 2 (Grasswhistle).

PLAYERS
*Grass King
Full Metal Cookies
moon-panther
Zora of Termina
Dragon
OrngSumb
MurrMurr
Prettzel
*greategret
Twiggy for victory
Xaldin
Blaziking
Animorph
Blastoise
Crazy Linoone
*thor165
Kratos Aurion
L'il Dwagie
Chiropter
Jack_the_PumpkinKing
Flora and Ashes
Kam
MidnightSaboteur
rock-ground
Involuntary Twitch
blazheirio889
Loco Mocho

Folks with asterisks did not participate in Day One's discussion.

....But yeah. I'm inclined to believe Flora was sleepytime'd randomly, considering that she really didn't do much yesterday except second Kai's nomination.

I'd agree that it's mostly flavour text, but I'm pretty sure that the Mafia leader gets to choose how he kills. So, Kusari liked sharp things (:D), and Animorph killed in more eccentric ways. I think I've said that before. Anyway, killing style is probably the only clue you can derive from the descriptions of how people died.

Last year, though, Music Dragon(r) had blood that was unnaturally dark, so we may as well watch for that. ...I think that's it, regarding the death descriptions.

The thing is that the descriptions may change depending on the GM's mood at the moment, so I don't really think watching for those things will help... And since I'm pretty sure healer clashes don't result in a gallows being magically assembled in the middle of the night, I'm going to assume that the Mafia killed Chiropter.

Also, since nobody has brought this question up yet, why Chiropter? Is he that important? Who would have a motive to kill Chiropter?

Dragon said:
Flora must have been either good at Mafia, or important to be Grasswhistle'd, or Dragon/Blazhy(r) is just randomly choosing people. :V

Or Flora could be Grass King(r), and made the Grasswhistle that was intended for somebody else hit her.

I dunno, just throwing out thoughts.

You seem focused with the way that people die, Blazhy. :V?

I'd guess that Animorph(r) is just killing off the people who have roles, since they'd have to have been good at Mafia to get their roles. Chiropter(r) is second in command of the Mafia, right?

And actually, I never thought of Flora being Grass King(r). Hmm.

This isn't game-related at all, but did anyone else notice "A forceful blow to the back of the head with a heavy stick intended for firewood is enough to do the job". ~firewood for sale~

(it's a mst3k quote)

also "As a hurried discussion takes place, Kam continues to babble on about he isn't mafia, causing several in the group to suggest particularly nasty ways in which he might be deceased." I thought that was funny :B

Once again, we really don't have much evidence to go on.

It is possible, however, that Twiggy threw some suspicion at himself the other day as to him being Murrmurr (r) because he was in his killing mode. Now he's possibly out of it, and possibly sill Murrmurr (r)

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom