• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dragon vs. Heavy Lobster

blazheirio889

Banned
Pronoun
she
Originally Posted by Dragon
And I'm not barred anymore, let's change that!

1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: A week and ten minutes
Damage Cap: 99%
Banned Moves: 8 chills/Pokemon, OHKOs, Earthquake, Fissure, Frenzy Plant, anything that may completely destroy the arena
Arena: Another platform in the sky

It seems Dragon is obsessed with platforms in the sky. This battlefield is a platform floating in the sky, wide enough to fit a Wailord on, comfortably. So if you have a Wailord you can use it. Around the edge of the platform is a trench of water that seemingly runs under the platform as well. It's deep enough to fit a Wailord in, as well. It is not possible to fall off the platform, as there seems to be some weird force of gravity that pulls people and Pokemon to the platform. So if you jump off, you'll just get pulled back to the platform like a yo-yo or rubber band or something.

Dragon's active squad:
Shelgon [Storm] (F) <Rock Head> @EXP Share
Weavile [Frozen] (F) <Keen Eye>
Togepi [Ashglade] (M) <Serene Grace> @Soothe Bell
Rotom [Static] (N/A) <Levitate>
--> Signature Attribute: Chainsaw
Sharpedo [ed'Rashtekaresket] (M) <Rough Skin>
Eevee [Rose] (F) <Adaptability>
Buizel [Taggerung] (M) <Swift Swim>
Sableye [Ruya] (F) <Keen Eye>
--> Signature Attribute: Dangerously Skeptical
Ralts [Gawain] (M) <Trace>
Shinx [Haneul] (F) <Intimidate>

Heavy Lobster's active squad:
Absol [Catastrophic] (F) <Super Luck>
Digglet [Diggz] (M) <Sand Veil>
Remoraid [Head-Shot] (M) <Sniper>

By coin flip:
Dragon sends out.
Heavy Lobster sends out and attacks.
Dragon attacks.

oshiii.

Well, Haneul, you'll be fine. Right? >:3

*looks pointedly at your Diglett* Let's be overconfident why not. >:o

[Haneul]Shinx(F)
Ability: Intimidate

Thanks for taking this Blazhy.

Yes Dragon, BE overconfident ;)

Beginning with Diggz, the marvelous male Diglett of mine, who possesses the ability Sand Veil.

OK, we need to watch out for Ice Fang, because I'm guessing that'll be one of his main attacking moves. Begin with Toxic for Poison, and then two Earthquakes. SImple strategy is win.

Toxic ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake

...Crap this isn't going to work I changed my mind. :O

SO ..we'll have to start with Magnet Rise. >:3 I don't think it'll work, but try to float out of that toxic blob's way? Uh. Return fire! Use Toxic in return, and.

If you're poisoned go ahead and Facade it into him, otherwise, Scary Face! >8}

Magnet Rise~Toxic~Facade/Scary Face

Originally posted by Dragon

1vs1 single
Banned Moves: 8 chills/Pokemon, OHKOs, Earthquake, Fissure, Frenzy Plant, anything that may completely destroy the arena

It seems Dragon is obsessed with platforms in the sky. This battlefield is a platform floating in the sky, wide enough to fit a Wailord on, comfortably. So if you have a Wailord you can use it. Around the edge of the platform is a trench of water that seemingly runs under the platform as well. It's deep enough to fit a Wailord in, as well. It is not possible to fall off the platform, as there seems to be some weird force of gravity that pulls people and Pokemon to the platform. So if you jump off, you'll just get pulled back to the platform like a yo-yo or rubber band or something.

Somewhere beyond the borders of Asber was a large, steel platform, devoid of all life and nearly all movement. The only motion was the soft rippling of water in the trench at the edge of the arena, the only sound a whistling wind. Of course, the eerie stillness was most likely attributed to the fact that the platform was, in fact, floating in midair at a rather high altitude.

A bang went off abruptly, and there was suddenly a tiny vortex of pale, flashing lights. Two humans crawled out of the small spiral, then stood up and dusted their pants. Dragon shivered, obviously feeling rather cold so high up in the sky, and hugged her sweater closer to herself. There the two trainers stood, their breath sending little puffs into the air, for what felt like a few months. It was a wonder how they survived, without any visible sustenance to speak of.

Finally, a faint caw was heard, along with an equally faint whoosh of wind through steel feathers. Both Dragon and Heavy Lobster swiveled their heads toward the noise and squinted. Within moments, a small dot could be seen. Rapidly it grew closer, until it was apparent that the speck was a flying Skarmory with a teenage girl on her back – the referee.

Both trainers gave a whoop of joy, elated that their battle was finally taken. Upon landing, the referee gave them a brief wave before returning her Skarmory back into her Pokeball, then gestured wildly for the battlers to take their places, arena rules and restrictions pouring out of her mouth as she did so. She seemed like she was in a huge rush.

After the formalities were taken care of, Dragon bit her lip and ran her hand along her Pokeball belt, debating on which Pokemon to choose. Eventually she decided on Haneul the Shinx, who immediately fluffed up her short fur in an effort to keep warm. Heavy Lobster grinned and threw his own Pokeball in the air, the two halves cracking open to release Diggz the Diglett. Despite having an obvious type disadvantage, Haneul managed to put on a brave façade and bared her fangs at the ground mole, hissing viciously. Diggz squeaked and shifted backwards slightly.

Round One

Dragon (O)

Shinx
Haneul (F) <Intimidate>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Magnet Rise ~ Toxic ~ Façade/Scary Face

Heavy Lobster (O)

Diglett
Diggz (M) <Sand Veil>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Toxic ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake

Despite feeling rather threatened by his opponent, Diggz was faster than her by a long shot. A tiny gurgling noise emanated from his throat and the tiny mole rocked from side to side, his nose wrinkled as his hidden mouth twisted into a scowl. Puzzled, Haneul leaned closer to her opponent – a fatal mistake, as it gave Diggz a perfect opportunity to spit out the noxious potion he had been mixing in his mouth. Haneul hissed and jerked back, pawing desperately at her forehead where the poison had struck, but the majority of it had already seeped through her fur and into her bloodstream. A light stinging assaulted her temples, and she hissed again.

The prickling sensation was merely a mild annoyance, though, and Haneul had much more pressing matters at her hands: namely, avoiding the Earthquake onslaught that Diggz was certain to execute in the near future. Extending her power over molecule charges, she fiddled with the protons and electrons in her paws, altering the delicate balance until it was opposite to that of the metal platform she was standing on. It took a few tries, but eventually the Shinx felt a strange weightlessness in her paws as she slowly rose into the air, stopping at about six inches above the surface.

Diggz glared suspiciously at his new levitating opponent, unsure of what to make of the new situation. Earthquake certainly wouldn't hit her, would it? His commands allowed for no deviations, and after a moment of debate he poked a tiny paw out of the floor. Suddenly, the referee jumped about two feet in the air as a buzzer sounded in her ear. She fumbled about in her pocket for a moment, cringing as the buzzer wailed away, before drawing out a marble and throwing it at the offending Diglett. He wailed in surprise as the circular object struck his paw and quickly ducked it back under the surface, a few of his digits smarting.

Hanuel grinned at her opponent’s failure, then decided to add onto his problems. Coughing mildly, she took hold of what little poisons were distributed throughout her body and diverted them into her mouth, where they mixed together to form a caustic, viscous solution. She pulled a face at the taste as she floated over to her opponent and opened her mouth wide. The Toxic dripped out of her mouth and spattered onto the Diglett’s brown skin; he squealed and immediately bent down to rub his nose against the metal, but to no avail. Just like his opponent, Diggz felt a mild prickling sensation throughout his body, and cringed.

Despite knowing that his attack would fail, Diggz faithfully thrust two paws out of his little hole, rearing them up in preparation to slam them against the ground with earth-shattering force. Once again, though, the buzzer in the referee’s ear went off, and she swore violently before tossing a large dictionary at Diggz – where she got the objects was a mystery. He whimpered and withdrew his paws, which were now throbbing as a result of the blunt force trauma.

Haneul, amused, watched the dictionary bounce off her opponent’s paws and onto the ground, where it inexplicably disappeared. All of a sudden, her belly cramped up, and she grimaced – the poison must have reached that area. Irrational rage began to bubble up within her. Poison, poison, poison, ughhh, why did everyone have to use poison? Almost involuntarily her claws unsheathed, and she leapt at Diggz with a roar. He squeaked and tried to duck into his hole, but Haneul had no trouble reaching her paws into the burrow. Even worse, she was reduced to pummeling at her opponent blindly, which resulted in many more scratches in particularly vulnerable spots. When the Shinx stepped back, her anger spent, Diggz whined mournfully and rubbed his bulbous nose.

Dragon (O)

Shinx
Haneul (F) <Intimidate>
Health: 99%
Energy: 83%
Status: Still slightly irritated, but enjoying the battle overall. Magnet Rise activated (6 more actions). Badly poisoned (1% this round, 2% next).

Heavy Lobster (O)

Diglett
Diggz (M) <Sand Veil>
Health: 87%
Energy: 95%
Status: “My nose ;-;” -1 Attack. Badly poisoned (1% this round, 2% next).

Terrain notes
Nothing to note.

Final notes
Dragon attacks first next round.
Earthquake is banned as per the restricted moves of the area.

ugh I don't have enough time to do actual reffings but I have enough time to give DQ warnings what

Early DQ warning for Dragon, since I probably won't be around all too much tomorrow. You have approximately 42 hours (and ten minutes) to post your commands.

Under normal circumstances I'd DQ Dragon right now (much as I'd hate to), but since she's posted in the Absence Sheet without specifying how long she'll be away, I'll give her three more days.

omai.

Anyways I'm too lazy to think right now so try to be super effective alright okay.

Thunder Fang/Ice Fang/Crunch x3

And scream loudly if he protects/detects. >:[

;_; I'm an IDIOT!!!!!! (And why can't Diglett learn Counter, or at least Encore for pity's sake)

I want you to let loose those Facades, like you MEAN it! And it's OK if you have to use a bit more energy to jump up so you can reach her.

Facade x3

Originally posted by Dragon

1vs1 single

Round Two

Dragon (O)

Shinx
Haneul (F) <Intimidate>
Health: 99%
Energy: 83%
Status: Still slightly irritated, but enjoying the battle overall. Magnet Rise activated (6 more actions). Badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next).
Commands: Thunder Fang/Ice Fang/Crunch ~ Thunder Fang/Ice Fang/Crunch ~ Thunder Fang/Ice Fang/Crunch

Heavy Lobster (O)

Diglett
Diggz (M) <Sand Veil>
Health: 87%
Energy: 95%
Status: “My nose ;-;” -1 Attack. Badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next).
Commands: Façade ~ Façade ~ Façade

Diggz tilted his head back and let out a high, squeaky roar, the gesture contrasting starkly with his previous submissiveness. Here he was, sitting in the floor, all scratched up and with poison running amok in his veins. Haneul, on the other hand… He hadn’t even touched Haneul once, save for with that pitiful glob of toxins which definitely wouldn’t cause copious amounts of pain any time soon. Ridiculous! Absurd! Now completely enraged, Diggz shot forwards, leaving a shallow indent in the metal as he sprinted along. Haneul reared back in shock, but was unable to do much else in the few seconds it took for the furious mole to start jumping up and beating at her short legs and underside. The Shinx gasped in pain as sharp claws tore into her soft belly, and again when her paws were knocked out from under her. She landed, ungracefully, on the platform. Ruthlessly, Diggz continued the assault, now battering his opponent’s ears and flanks, until he was too tired to keep it up. He stepped back, face still comically twisted in rage, and Hanuel lifted her head out of his paws with an agonized whimper.

After spending a few seconds to send her body back up two and a half feet in the air where it belonged, Haneul bared her teeth with a hiss. Going from high and mighty to scratched and bruised in a matter of moments? Not cool. She hissed again, and a faint wisp escaped from the gaps between her canines, indicating that the temperature in her mouth had plummeted to a hair above freezing. Swiftly she lunged at her short opponent practically underneath her paws – she actually had to lower herself to reach the Diglett – and chomped down on the unfortunate creature’s head. Diggz squealed as teeth sank into her skin, the pain accentuated by the bitter cold leaking into the small punctures. Hastily he tried to duck back into his hole, but Haneul had too firm a grip, and in the end she was dragged towards the platform headfirst, paws still in the air and flailing desperately. With a muffled gasp she released her grip, snapping back into the air like a yo-yo. A whimper sounded after Haneul’s huff, and Diggz emerged from his burrow, his head sporting a small circlet of angry red marks.

The rage that had just cooled down after pummeling Haneul flared up again, fueled by the unpleasant tingling throughout his body. Diggz screeched again and leapt up from his hole to swipe at the Shinx floating in front of him, managing to snag a claw in the lion cub’s short fur. With a surprised squeal Haneul was dragged back down to the earth. There, she was subject to Diggz’s scratches, bites, and occasional slaps; unable to do much else, she curled up in a ball and endured the hits to the best of her ability. Fortunately the onslaught didn’t last long – though it felt a lot longer to the poor Shinx – and she scrambled backwards as soon as the attack broke off.

Diggz panted, the repeated Facades proving to be considerably taxing on his little body. So occupied was he with regaining his breath that he didn’t see Haneul’s chilly teeth until it was too late. Sharp canines surrounded by a thin, cold mist dug into the Diglett’s backside, opening several three-inch long wounds in his flesh. He squealed and thrashed, throwing Haneul off of him, but not before experiencing the freezing sensation of frozen air creeping into fresh wounds.

For the third time, Diggz felt a cramp in his little belly, signaling the progression of the Toxic, and an irrational, primal rage stirred within him. He roared again, the noise sounding rather distorted and warped, before lunging towards Haneul who had yet to float back to her usual altitude. The Shinx felt her hind legs buckle as Diggz savagely gripped them with paws and mouth, and she wailed in panic, but there was nothing she could do to stop yet another tireless assault. Her body was incredibly achy, now sporting many more bruises and owwies than last round – and Arceus eat her alive if she let Diggz get away with it! The temperature in her mouth dropped once more as she surrounded her fangs with a thin coating of ice, and she dug them into Diggz’s forehead. One canine scraped against his sensitive nose, and he squealed as he recoiled. The small mole was looking nearly as ragged as his opponent now, his body lacerated with wounds of varying lengths.

Dragon (O)

Shinx
Haneul (F) <Intimidate>
Health: 61%
Energy: 67%
Status: Hurt and aching. Magnet Rise activated (3 more actions). Badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next).

Heavy Lobster (O)

Diglett
Diggz (M) <Sand Veil>
Health: 66%
Energy: 70%
Status: Cold and stinging inside and out. -1 Attack. Badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next).

Terrain notes
Nothing to note.

Final notes
Heavy Lobster attacks first next round.
Dragon, I think you’re confusing this battle with your type-changing ones :P
One week of downtime = considerable decrease in writing skills. Sorry for awkward wording.

Hrrm...

Keep those Facades coming there Diggz. However, if he tries to Protect, or if he some how stops your attack beforehand, use Sandstorm. If he uses Protect or some other attack that stops you before hand twice or thrice, use Double Team.

Facade / Sandstorm ~ Facade / Sandstorm / Double Team ~ Facade / Sandstorm / Double Team

Pseudo-DQ warning for Dragon. I'm not sure if her absense sheet post is still valid now, but I'll give her an extra three days after the official DQ time which is in approximately 25 hours (and ten minutes).

Whoops, I kinda missed the DQ time, but... (and damnit Dragon how many times am I gonna DQ you ;-;)

Dragon has been DQ'd. I hereby announce Heavy Lobster as the winner. He gets $8, while I get $5 for reffing. Both Diggz and Haneul get 1 EXP.

Absence sheet posts give immunity from disqualification due to absence, not just an extension. The main exception is "but if you're gone for significantly longer than you say you will be, you will start to rack up penalties anyway", and two days (when the original DQ warning was given out) doesn't really fall into that.

Uh. Oops. >.> Yeah, Negrek told me about that. Technically Dragon said (or implied) that the absence would only last for the duration of November, so I'd imagine December 20th would be a decent deadline...?

To clear this up:

An absence sheet post gives the player immunity up until the day they say they'll be back, with the DQ clock starting up on the stated day of return. If no day of return is stated, they have a month.

However, an absence post is only valid for one month. Matches can be suspended for longer than a month only if all battlers agree to it, in which case the person who goes away should contact the referee upon their return so that the match can be restarted.

In Dragon's case, her month is up; she gets the usual DQ time from December 1st or so; too lazy to look at when her actual post was made. It's okay if you want to give her until the twentieth, but that's overcompensating a bit.

Sorry I haven't said anything about this, but I'd be happy to extend the battle up until the new year even. I really don't want this to end by DQ

Well, the thing is that immunity from DQ due to absences are usually only a month long at most. Dragon's absence post, effectively, only lasted until the end of November, since that's what it detailed. I'm giving her more than enough time :| I'll try to catch her on MSN and remind her, but no guarantees.

(lol triple post)

I completely forgot about this battle until yesterday, when the forums were down. It won't be fair to DQ Dragon without a proper warning, though (and I don't want to DQ her at any rate), so she'll get another 24 hours.

This (without the triple post thing).

Back
Top Bottom