• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

New DSi announced

And, if you are too lazy to click the link, by bigger, they mean the screen is roughly 93% bigger than the DSi.

Do I want one? Not really, my DS Lite still works.

Meh. If I get it as a gift, I'll definitely take it, but I don't really want one otherwise... I'm happy with nice fat phat that I've had for the last six years...

Jesus, I've still been using the standard DS. Not even the Lite. Don't plan on getting that bulky crap. =/

I'll pass; I love my old cracked-up DS Lite. I'd love my DS Phat too, but, it's not among us anymore.

I still slightly dislike how some games are only made for DSi, but, Nintendo loves these cheap market tricks. What can we do about it? Nothing.

I'll pass; I love my old cracked-up DS Lite. I'd love my DS Phat too, but, it's not among us anymore.

I still slightly dislike how some games are only made for DSi, but, Nintendo loves these cheap market tricks. What can we do about it? Nothing.

...What games, besides DSiWare, are DSi exclusives? The DSi has better hardware than the Lite, but I've yet to see a game that makes full use of this better hardware.

...What games, besides DSiWare, are DSi exclusives? The DSi has better hardware than the Lite, but I've yet to see a game that makes full use of this better hardware.
That's because the DSi is fairly recent.

In no time, these will begin to pop up until games for the "actual" DS become a minority. Eventually, a rarity.

Now I'm torn between going ahead and buying a DSi for my birthday/Christmas and waiting for this thing. If I even want to spend my money on one to begin with. I mean, my Lite's still perfectly fine and the DSi's new features seem kind of lame. It seriously had the chance to win me over with the SD card, but from the looks of it they've placed so many limitations on its use that there's no point. :\

I'm waiting for the DSi-only games too. Nintendo sure does like getting more of your money. :v

idk, I don't know if the DSi has become popular enough for DSi-exclusive games, has it? Most people I know just use their DS/DS lites and don't want to buy the DSi. Besides, they're still selling DSlites, aren't they?

That's because the DSi is fairly recent.

In no time, these will begin to pop up until games for the "actual" DS become a minority. Eventually, a rarity.
Unfortunately it seems thats where Nintendo is heading with the current DS line, there were GBC exclusives now there are going to be DSi exclusives.

Now I'm torn between going ahead and buying a DSi for my birthday/Christmas and waiting for this thing. If I even want to spend my money on one to begin with. I mean, my Lite's still perfectly fine and the DSi's new features seem kind of lame. It seriously had the chance to win me over with the SD card, but from the looks of it they've placed so many limitations on its use that there's no point. :\
I recommend waiting until the DSi LL comes out in Japan so you can see how it stretches images and stuff then finalize your choice.

idk, I don't know if the DSi has become popular enough for DSi-exclusive games, has it? Most people I know just use their DS/DS lites and don't want to buy the DSi. Besides, they're still selling DSlites, aren't they?

They don't particularly care about what is and isn't popular though. They'll just start making games exclusive for the DSi so people who want to play their games will have to shell out money for another DS, and the games. Simple as that. And it's not like they have to worry about losing money either since the DS is still totally owning the handheld market (PSP would probably be right up there with it, but due to piracy...). This is the exact same thing going on with the PSP, and the Go. Only difference is that Sony wants you to download all of their games, for the newer firmwares that won't work on the 1000, 2000, or even the 3000.

Back
Top Bottom