• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Mafia: Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
As morning dawns once more on the trapped trainers of TCoD, it is revealed that the gallows of yesterday has vanished as mysteriously as it had appeared, and nothing new has come to take its place. In fact, nothing at all appears out of the ordinary--at least not until the gaggle of cramped, tired, and generally grouchy trainers discover that they are missing not one, but two individuals.

The first is easy enough to find. Loco Mocho, is passed out cold. Try though they may, the other players manage to elicit nothing but snores from the (ironically) slumbering trainer. At least Flora and Ashes has managed to stay conscience this morning.

One player sleeping, and the other missing, with every reason to fear the worst. The first comb over the beach turns up nothing. It is only a hunch on the part of one of the trainers, after a second careful search, that anyone thinks to poke around in an area of sand that looks a bit more churned up than the rest of the beach. And so it is that the group find that the mafia have saved them all the trouble of burying the result of their nightly murderous activity--though no doubt rock-ground was scandalously ungrateful, given that he was alive at the time.

rock-ground is dead. He was not mafia.

Forty-eight hours for discussion.

Okay guys, come on.
The roles in order from the top of the list.

Animorph (r)
Chiropter (r)
Kratos Aurion (r)
rock-ground (r)

Day one who dies, day two? And day three.. uh-oh, missed someone.

And here I was expecting to die, since I thought they were picking off last year's mafia... Looks like I was wrong.

Anyway, Dwagie's point makes sense. So. Do we lynch Kratos now, in the hope that Dwagie's on the right track, or wait for someone to slip up, which doesn't happen much? This is all we have to go on at the moment it seems. Decisions...

Things seems to be getting creepier and stranger. First we find the headless corpse, then a hanged trainer, now one already buried...

Is it me or are you guys thinking of a certain sand shark that has powerful jaws, I think it knows Guillotine, and likes sand? Or is my tired brain just crapping out...well, crap?

Oh, my. And it isn't at all possible that the Mafia just changed their modus operandi because Grass King pointed it out last time. No, no, that can't have happened.

>>; Come on. Surely we're all more intelligent that to jump to the first painfully obvious conclusion we see. I find it very difficult to believe anyone would let the wool be pulled over their eyes like that. Is it slightly suspicious? No, I won't deny it. But do you honestly believe I would be so stupid as to keep doing almost the exact same thing but skip only my name? Please.

And Garchomp does not know Guillotine.

I'm tempted to believe that the Mafia wants Kratos dead but wants us to lynch him ourselves, but that doesn't really make sense: why wouldn't they just kill him? From the Mafia POV, an innocent is just an innocent, and if you want someone dead because they're good at the game, shouldn't you kill them first? Why do they want us to kill him?

...Or, on the other hand, maybe he is mafia and all that is exactly what they want us to think.

ROLES
Animorph
Chiropter
Kratos Aurion
rock-ground
Jack_the_PumpkinKing
Prettzel
L'il Dwagie
Full Metal Cookies
moon-panther
Kindling Queen
Grass King
Dragon
blazheirio889
MurrMurr
13 Normal Members

Deaths reported as Mafia: 0
Deaths reported as Not Mafia: 3

Either Dragon(r) or blazhy(r) has chosen Terrain Effect 2 (Grasswhistle).

PLAYERS
Grass King
Full Metal Cookies
moon-panther
Zora of Termina
Dragon
OrngSumb
MurrMurr
Prettzel
greategret
Twiggy for victory
Xaldin
Blaziking
Animorph
Blastoise
Crazy Linoone
thor165
Kratos Aurion
L'il Dwagie
Chiropter
Jack_the_PumpkinKing
Flora and Ashes
Kam
MidnightSaboteur
rock-ground
Involuntary Twitch
blazheirio889
Loco Mocho

Asterisks for nonparticipants in yesterday's discussion will come later, since I need to go to school now.

I'm tempted to believe that the Mafia wants Kratos dead but wants us to lynch him ourselves, but that doesn't really make sense: why wouldn't they just kill him? From the Mafia POV, an innocent is just an innocent, and if you want someone dead because they're good at the game, shouldn't you kill them first? Why do they want us to kill him?

...Or, on the other hand, maybe he is mafia and all that is exactly what they want us to think.

Does the phrase "two birds with one stone" come to mind? They kill a random (or not random, I don't know, maybe they also saw rock-ground(p) as a threat) innocent and then set up another innocent that is easy to make look suspicious. If I am, in fact, innocent, and they turn all of you against me, they guarantee that one of their own will not be lynched today. If they didn't set anyone up then you would all fall back on random nomination, or picking someone off because they were annoying or unhelpful (don't pretend that wasn't why most of you voted to lynch Kam and Twiggy, please), which could potentially result in a Mafia death.

But you know what? Go ahead and fall into an easy trap if it makes you feel better about yourselves! I don't mind, honestly. I do enjoy Mafia and would rather be allowed to keep playing than not, but I made it past the first damn day this time and so I'm relatively content with that. Besides, the time I spend defending myself against a trick you really ought to be intelligent enough to see through is time I could be spending studying or working on NaNo.

In fact, feel free to nominate me. Anyone, anyone at all, step up, be the first one, don't be shy! I won't nominate you back (unless you legitimately do something that gives me reason to suspect that you're actually Mafia and not just stupid paranoid). You don't even have to worry about me being MurrMurr(r), as Negrek made it quite clear that this was a proper Mafia killing and not healer clash or what have you. I'll just go back to my novel, laughing quietly as I watch you all run around like headless chickens, continuing to nominate people for ridiculous or far-too-obvious reasons, and the Mafia picks you off one by one. It'll be fun! You can say goodbye to poor old Grass King(r) and any help he might've been able to provide. For example, I know that the second Dragon/blazheirio(r) player chose their Thunder Wave effect and can potentially use that to stop night actions--maybe save you from a mafioso if they're innocent, or shut down a doctor if they're Mafia. And I have a strong suspicion about who one of those doctors might be, although for their safety I won't say the name because if I'm right the Mafia will just kill them and leave you all that much more vulnerable. But nope, can't figure out anyone's roles for you if I'm dead. Heck, I could even draw the Mafia away from one of you one night if I make an unlucky guess, but I suppose you're forfeiting that protection now, aren't you? Your loss! :D

(And no, don't be a smartass and tell me to "prove it". I mean sure, I could, but then Negrek would kick me out of the game anyway for breaking the rules. Unless you think there's something else I can tell you to change your mind without violating the terms, anyway, in which case I'm more than happy to oblige if I can.)

If you do kill me, though, do me one last courtesy. Look over yesterday's thread--second page, I believe, although I don't remember offhand and don't feel like verifying the page number at the moment. There's a deleted post in there, originally made by Loco Mocho. Now, in most Mafia games it is against the rules to edit or delete posts. Negrek didn't bother making that clear this year, though (or didn't care), so new players wouldn't know that it was generally taboo. All the same, though... why delete a post? What did it say? Did anyone see it? Now, if someone did see it before it was deleted and knows that it was innocuous then by all means disregard this, but if no one saw it before he removed it, what might it have been? Something stupid, something incriminating? What didn't he want us to see, hm?

Oh, and for the record I'd keep my eyes on FMC(p). She's seemed a little hasty to start pointing fingers right at the beginning of the day threads, sometimes on logic that I, frankly, don't find terribly persuasive. Just because Flora fell asleep, the first Dragon/Blazhy(r) role is likely Mafia and trying the same strategy they used last year? Oh, so is Loco Mocho a mafioso to throw us off the trail, too? What about tomorrow's sleep victim? There's no reason to believe that Flora was part of such a trick any more than anyone else who might be targeted with Grasswhistle later. I don't know that anyone else would've thought that way unless she brought it up first; you also don't know that the Mafia would think the same way. I'd think it was more likely that someone in the Mafia would throw out such a suggestion to make a perfectly innocent sleep target look guilty. She was also the first to nominate Kam (an innocent), let's not forget.

So go ahead, kill me. Honestly. I'm not upset about it at all. I doubt my arguments will sway any of you above posters from your little witch hunt. I fact, I almost want you to kill me, just for incontrovertible proof that I'm innocent and not the careless idiot you seem to take me for, since I'm sure that if I do survive the day and the next lynchee is innocent you'll just suspect me all over again. It's okay. When Negrek posts "Kratos Aurion is dead. He was not Mafia", after the poll, I reserve full rights to laugh about how easily duped you all are.

Really, I'm more offended that you think I'd do something so utterly obvious and stupid than I am that I'm under suspicion in general. Give me some credit, jesus.

Happy trails, Mafia! Thanks for not killing me on the first night; I appreciate it. Have fun with your second win!

If you do kill me, though, do me one last courtesy. Look over yesterday's thread--second page, I believe, although I don't remember offhand and don't feel like verifying the page number at the moment. There's a deleted post in there, originally made by Loco Mocho. Now, in most Mafia games it is against the rules to edit or delete posts. Negrek didn't bother making that clear this year, though (or didn't care), so new players wouldn't know that it was generally taboo. All the same, though... why delete a post? What did it say? Did anyone see it? Now, if someone did see it before it was deleted and knows that it was innocuous then by all means disregard this, but if no one saw it before he removed it, what might it have been? Something stupid, something incriminating? What didn't he want us to see, hm?
Oh, whoops. I didn't notice the deleted post, and I just copied and pasted most of the rules from last year; I took it for granted that they would have that information in them. But yeah, you're not supposed to edit or delete posts during the day phase.

I went back and undeleted that post.

Yuo make a fairly good Argument, Kratos. I canagree with that, nor do I beleive that you would use such a trick nor a obvious pattern in killing. The Mafia wanted us to look at you when your name was skipped...that, or we have somone out there with either the power to draws attacks toward them or we had a fog of sorts that made the targets random. You could have been the target last night, but someone drew the attack away or made the targets random last night.

But I'm open to a debate on this if anyone is interested *smile*

We would've been told if it had been randomized; that's what I thought at first too. It is possi-- no, wait... if Kratos is telling the truth (and I have no reason to think he isn't), the roles are taken up by Grasswhistle and Thunder Wave. Hm. Maybe this is mercy on the part of the mafia; they saw how quickly he's been killed off before... :P

Thanks for the helpful lists, Jack! I hope you're not next ; ; And Kratos? That rant was pretty sweet. \o/

(And because I haven't shamelessly plugged it here yet, if you enjoy Mafia and TWEWY, you'll love TWEWY Mafia...!)

I certainly agree that this is far too obvious a trick... The Mafia wouldn't be this stupid. Unless, of course, the Mafia is comprised of newbies - given the number that joined this year's Mafia, perhaps that's not too unlikely? Anyway. Kratos could easily be lying about his role, since it's by no means forbidden by Mafia rules, but at the moment I'm pretty sure of his innocence. At any rate, if he really is Grass King(r), that's even less a reason to kill him.

The only possibility, methinks, is that it was actually rock-ground who was Grass King(r), and distracted Animorph(r), thus saving Kratos. Any other arrangement, and, unless I'm missing something, rock-ground was actually the original target.

Finally, regarding Loco Mocho's deleted post: it was made about 32 hours before the poll went up, and until Twiggy was nominated, we were more or less running around in circles. It's possible that he really just did 'want it to move', but really, there was a day left, so why the rush?

Ugh, I have a gut feeling that someone (not naming names) seems suspicious. But then, my gut has lied to me before... >>

I... really have nothing to add though. I'm too tired to think. :/
Really just posting to say I'm here.

@Zora: I'd certainly be interested to know who it is. We have a few leads right now, but it couldn't hurt to have some more.

Buried alive. Meep.

I actually have nothing to contribute to right now. However, I do want to say that my suspicion on Blazhy(p) has been lifted because Twiggy was innocent.

Also, Loco Mocho could be Grass King(r), too, since he may have drawn away the Grasswhistle with his power, thus falling asleep.

I'm going to stay out of the Kratos argument until more clues come up.

I have my suspicions, but frankly I think this whole tirade about Kratos Aurion being Mafia doesn't have much, if anything to it. Of course, maybe the mafia's setting up some painfully obvious pattern in the hopes that we'll see through it and quit suspecting Kratos, but that can quickly become a circular argument.

...Yeah, I've got nothing.

*yawns* Figures I'd be the one to fall victim to a Grasswhistle, I'm always sleepy. -.-

I honestly don't think Kratos is Mafia; It's entirely possible that the Mafia changed the pattern they were going by, or skipped Kratos intentionally to make us point fingers and all.

Other than that, I have absolutely no clue. ^^;

For those of you who haven't played Mafia before, you should know that if no one is nominated for death at the end of a day discussion period, the victim is chosen at random. So... you have about two hours before I roll a die to see who gets the axe. Naturally, this could be to the innocents' benefit, but at the moment the odds are not great that the mafia will be the losers.

*sigh* We need to nominate one of our own...or suffer a random event. So guys, if no else can find a good person to toss to the lions, We'll have to make a random nomination.

My original suspicion WAS Kratos. But then I went back and read everything that wasn't tl;dr for a very exhausted-and-trying-to-focus-on-writing-for-NaNo me.

And honestly, Loco Mocho's once-deleted post arouses my suspicion. I nominate Loco Mocho, simply because that's all we can resort to with half an hour before the deadline.

There ya go. If he's Mafia, I expect to be dead by tomorrow. If I'm wrong, I expect to be subject to suspicion and executed tomorrow. But it's better to go with my gut feeling rather than risk a random victim at the end of the day.

I was just pointing out the pattern, course I still have suspicions that it's one big ruse, who doesn't at this point about.. everything.
For the sake of avoiding a random nomination under a yet unsure one, however, I'll go ahead and second Loco Mocho. He's been.. rather absent, anyway, usually only seconding lynch votes, which is.. well off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom