• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

New Sprite System

bobbyjkl

So I heard you like my avatar.
Here's my idea: Anybody can request a sprite, and anybody can post one in this thread. More difficult sprites are worth points, along with quicker/higher quality sprite jobs. Negative points are given, for example, to someone who asks for a revamp and somebody just gives them a recolor, or if the sprite is a jpeg format, etc. Once your request is filled, you delete your request. When you submit a sprite, you say who it is for and give a detailed description. That way, bored people will be entertained, there will not be very many big annoying posts all saying requests open, people will get better quality sprites, and the earlier pages will be pure sprites. If you have a compliant like what I have seen here before, in this situation:
Your sprite's head is crooked!
Nuh uh!
Uh huh! This is NOT want we want. If you have a complaint, just PM the person.

Now, I'm too lazy to figure out a points system or what to do with the points. Maybe put them in your signiture or something. Or 1 might mean SUCK, 5 might mean PRETTY GOOD, and 10 could be SWEET! I don't really care.

Also, if someone reserves a request, you can't make that sprite. If you do, and you notice someone else reserved it, don't upload it, or if you did, delete your post.

Last edited:
whaaat?

If someone makes you a sprite, you should be happy that someone spent time on it making for you. You didn't pay them or anything, so why should they get 'graded' on something that was a gift to you?

whaaat?

If someone makes you a sprite, you should be happy that someone spent time on it making for you. You didn't pay them or anything, so why should they get 'graded' on something that was a gift to you?

You wouldn't be graded on the gift, but the task. You might get some extra points given to you if you do a super big project, or points taken away if you saved it as a jpg, for example. This whole points thing was for ego, it doesn't really need to be necessary. Maybe some inspiration for a tough job, or something. Or it would look cool if your signature said like 10 MILLION POINTS! EDIT: you could also rate it by difficulty, like 3 might be a simpole recolor that even starting spriters could do, and 10 could be like SUPER HARD LOLOL, and the op could choose how many points or stars or whatever it would be worth. Like I said, the points thing might be taken away.

It's basically just a requests page that anyone can reply to. Like an open challenge or something. If you look at a sprite request page, when it gets too popular, the page has to close down. Sometimes, I might look at that and think "lol i could help". This would share the responsibility, be faster, give people challenges, whatever. So I would basically get this thing started, and then it would be like the GTS of sprites. I don't know.

Last edited:
So now I guess we'll (we'll being theoretical) just wait until somebody posts a request.

My first disguise. It sucks, I know. It's the RSE vulpix.
picture.php

No credit needed.

Last edited:
... so you both made similar sprites for the same request. Does it really matter?

Back
Top Bottom