• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ArtMo/DraMo 2009

Kai Lucifer

A traveller on the winds of time
NaDecArtMo/DraMo is an annual art competition created here on tCoD last year. During December, participants draw and submit one drawing/piece of art and every day until the 31st. Submissions don't have to be uploaded/shown on the day that they are drawn, but it'd be nice to finish off before the end of January.

It was a huge hit last year at the Obsessive Scribblers club and I can't wait for it to begin again; a lot of people have already said that they hope to participate this year too. I recommend this to any artists on tCoD, as it not only gives them a chance to hone their skills and techniques, but it also lets their work be commented on and critiqued by other artists.

Anyone can enter, although it's advised that if you're a traditional artist that you have a scanner/camera etc. because how are you meant to post your art here otherwise?

Oh yeah, there's no prize, unless someone has the time to think of & make one. :P

Participant list:
-Kai
-RandomTyphoon
-VPLJ
-Ice the Frosty Cat
-Zora of Termina
-Kam
-Crazy Linoone
-Spoon
-El Garbanzo
-Darksong
-Arylett
-ultraviolet
-Spaekle
-Momoharu
-Black Hood
-Kinova
-RainbowRayquaza
-FMC
-WUE
-Chaon
-Superyoshi888
-RaiCH

Last edited:
I'll enter this. But I'll probably fail, epically.

One question, though: do we post our daily images here in this thread?

As I said, I'll give it a go, but don't be surprised if it ends up like last year and I don't finish.

(I miss the OSers. It changed from a place to chat about drawing and to get a bit of critique on your artwork, to somewhere where you just dumped your art and didn't bother to tell people what you thought of their stuff :( )

(And most of them left. I just sorta gave up after it became that art dump.)

I'm in. I won't have overworked myself enough this year with NaNo. xD

Seems interesting.

Since I don't have a scanner, it might be a bit difficult, but I'll try thios out.

Joining~ Although they'll probably only be random small doodles since December equals mid-terms, which should be self-explanatory.

((I miss OS too... Ah, the good old days...))

I'll be joining. Hopefully I'll actually finish it this year. [/procrastinator]

(It's mainly my fault that OS went into a decaying state of what it is now. I'm going to try to revive it, and we'll see how that'll work out.)

Hmm. Draw one thing every day? I pretty much do that already.

The only problem would be the whole scanning-it-in-and-posting-it part, which would be pretty much impossible for me (don't have a scanner and only have access to one once per week, or sometimes less.)

Woo hoo! I'm entering, definitely.

Though I might run out of ideas. :P Still, I'll do my best. I already have planned a few of the pictures... >:3

Since I'm not in school I'd like to actually participate this year, instead of saying I'm going to and then ignoring it for a month xD

When does it start/finish? I mean it's already the seventh of November.

SURE.

It's crunch time as far as portfolios are concerned, so every day is like ArtMo for me now. :v

I promise this year I won't do like 8 days of shitty cartoons and then quit.

its gonna be hard but ill giv it a go, but dont expect me to fully finish with my lack of concentation xD

still, kai im in, this will be good for concept art for my manga series, should be fun xD

Question: if we draw the lineart on one day and digitally ink it and colour it the next does that count as one picture over two days or two pictures? I imagine it's the former but just to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom