• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Mafia: Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
The innocents are perhaps feeling a little better about their predicament as they head off to whatever spot of beach they've carved out and settle down for the night. After all, they've managed to take out one of the mafia, odd circumstances notwithstanding; perhaps, after just a couple more deaths, this nightmare will be over.

Of course, there are at least two more mafia members still on the prowl, and chances are they'll be active this night; they can't feel too comfortable yet. And, as morning dawns, it turns out that the mafia have had their revenge once again: two members fail to show up for the morning meeting.

The first, Kratos Aurion, must have been awfully tired by all the talking he did yesterday--he's still snoozing, taking the deceased Loco Mocho's place as the noncommunicative lump of the day. As for the other missing member, Jack_the_PumpkinKing, well... the mafia apparently have a message for the members of ASB.

Like Animorph before him, Jack seems to have lost his head. Other than that, there is nothing much to distinguish his death; he looks in perfect health, in fact, except for that decapitation thing. Pinned prominently to the front of his shirt is a note*:

Us: 1
You: 4
Future victim who is entertaining to toy with: Kratos Aurion

Having fun?

Jack_the_PumpkinKing is dead. He was not mafia.

Forty-eight hours for discussion.

* Note provided by the mafia. The rest of the post is mine.

Well, at least we've cut down one Mafia member. Much sooner than last year, at least. One down, at least two more to go.

However, let's take a look at people who have been Mafia'd:
Animorph
Chiropter
rock-ground
Jack_the_PumpkinKing

The Mafia seems to be going after people with roles named after them. Assuming they keep going by this pattern, we've got a vague idea on who's going to be killed...

Regarding the note, it seems that Kratos is going to be killed in the near future - or the far future, maybe. The Mafia may keep him aound for 'entertainment', perhaps? o.o I've got nothing there.

And whoever's Mafia: I don't think going to sleep every night, fearing for your life, is very fun >.>

So it seems they are taunting us...as well as Kratos. It's a good thing we didn't kill him last time or we wouldn't have gotten the mafia member last day.

Question is, who is left in the game?

I'll take over the role-list duty:

Animorph (?)
Chiropter (?)
Kratos Aurion (?)
rock-ground
Jack_the_PumpkinKing
Prettzel
L'il Dwagie
Full Metal Cookies
moon-panther
Kindling Queen
Grass King
Dragon
blazheirio889
MurrMurr
13 Normal Members

Deaths reported as Mafia: 0
Deaths reported as Not Mafia: 3

Either Dragon(r) or blazhy(r) has chosen Terrain Effect 2 (Grasswhistle).

PLAYERS
Grass King
Full Metal Cookies
moon-panther
Zora of Termina
Dragon
OrngSumb
MurrMurr
Prettzel
greategret
Twiggy for victory
Xaldin
Blaziking
Animorph
Blastoise
Crazy Linoone
thor165
Kratos Aurion
L'il Dwagie
Chiropter
Jack_the_PumpkinKing
Flora and Ashes
Kam
MidnightSaboteur
rock-ground
Involuntary Twitch
blazheirio889
Loco Mocho

It seems like the Mafia's keeping up their pattern of role-killing; if that's right, then Prettzel'd be next.

Or Kratos, if their sadistic amusement with him suddenly ends. Oh dear.

Last edited:
Erm, Flora, you forgot to cross out a number of names, like Chiropter, Animorph, etc.
Jack didn't contribute all that much in discussion, did he? Other than doing the lists - we've got Flora now, so it could've been worse, but D: Another innocent gone. Assuming that there are only two Mafia members left, and we execute an innocent every day (pessimistic, I know, but hey), we have about... 8 or 9 days left. Better make them count.

It does seem like Prettzel is next, though of course the Mafia could skip another person, or alter their pattern entirely. And I don't think we should read too deeply into the note: just seems more like a taunt than anything.

Ugh... No leads, it seems...

I'm too tired to go looking for that info moon-panther. But I wonder if the whole Kratos(p) thing is maybe a ploy. It might be that they just want us to kill off one of our own quickly or it's a Mafia trick so we don't kill them. But the latter doesn't sound smart

Dammit TCoD stop dying on me :/

*tosses confetti* Yay! We got one Mafia!

I'm actually quite surprised that Zora didn't die, seeing that she was the one who nominated Loco Mocho, who was (thankfully) Mafia.

The "killing in a list thing" is also kinda annoying, because we think we know who's going to die next, so the healers will try to heal them, which may cause a healer clash and kill another person for the Mafia. And since they skipped Kratos(p), it's really hard to tell who they're going to kill next.

Kratos is still alive because either:
1. He's Mafia, or
2. The Mafia wants us to hang him.

Since there's still not enough information (the note could be just to throw us off track), we can't really do anything about Kratos(p) right now.

If Kratos is indeed Mafia, then the note could be to try to make us think he isn't Mafia. That coupled with the Grasswhistle... Or, the Mafia do regard him as fun to play with for whatever reason, and are insisting on his innocence so that we don't throttle him, whack him with a stick, etc. But, like Prettzel(p) said before, it quickly becomes a circular argument...

I have to say, mentioning him in their note and then putting him out of commission for the day's discussion would be a fairly easy way to shift blame away from Kratos-- I mean, why else would the Mafia suggest someone in their note, other than to pin them as an innocent?

...Wait, hang on. Who here knows Kratos and would be tempted to want to mess with him? That may be the key-- I'd think it'd have to be one of his friends, right?

HOLY CRAP I'M NOT DEAD 8D
And my guess was right, too <3
AND I got to throttle someone!

*ahem* Yeah.

Well, on the subject of role-killing, that would mean that Prettzel's next. And they may be doing this just to cause a healer clash while they go after someone else now that we've figured it out.
Or they're really bad at Mafia.
Either way.

You know, the way the note is phrased seems rather familiar to me. Is anyone thinking the same way? And it even says in the first post that it was provided by the mafia. :v

And there's also the small chance that Prettzel(p) may be Mafia, so even if we figure out a way to heal him without exposing the healers/making the Mafia know who's going to get healed, healing Prettzel(p) won't help us.

But the chance is still really small compared to the chance that he's an innocent and we should probably heal Prettzel(p) anyway just in case.

But if we do heal him there might be a healer clash and we kill Prettzel(p).

I don't have anything to say except I'm still here, hooray~ and we got a mafia quickly, double hooray~ thankee Zora~~ And and Blazhy only needs one more post for 666 :x

Regarding the juxtaposition of the note and Kratos falling asleep, I guess we can say the Grasswhistler isn't mafia, or e wouldn't've put him to sleep considering the mafia like him talking apparently. ... Or Kratos was telling the truth about being Grass King(r) and caught the sleep bug. ... Or the Grasswhistler is mafia and I have no idea. ... ~ignore me~

I don't have anything to say except I'm still here, hooray~ and we got a mafia quickly, double hooray~ thankee Zora~~ And and Blazhy only needs one more post for 666 :x

Regarding the juxtaposition of the note and Kratos falling asleep, I guess we can say the Grasswhistler isn't mafia, or e wouldn't've put him to sleep considering the mafia like him talking apparently. ... Or Kratos was telling the truth about being Grass King(r) and caught the sleep bug. ... Or the Grasswhistler is mafia and I have no idea. ... ~ignore me~

-- Oh, Zora. (don't wanna doublepost but neither wanna edit) Who was it you were suspicious of 'yesterday', if you don't mind me asking? Was it Loco?

It was Kratos until I was untired enough to go through and read all the longer posts. Which was half an hour before the deadline.
Yeah, the big epic explosion kinda put me off.
Then in those posts I saw Loco's, and figured it was better than just losing a random innocent. So I nominated him, I strangled him and here we are. <3

Nuu, I want my Rare Candy

Well, we got a mafioso, but we still have a ways to go before we win. This current pattern suggests five possible targets for the Mafia (Dragon, moon-panther, Kratos, blazheirio889 and myself). I've my suspicions, but I'd rather not name anyone, at least until we get some discussion going.

As for the note, it could mean anything, really...personally I'll ignore it; trying to find clues in some Mafia taunt isn't going to lead to much, in my opinion.

Mm? I was thinking maybe FMC or Lil Dawgie would be possible victims too, but... Agh, screw it, the Mafia is probably going to alter their pattern anyway, and the only advantage of knowing who they're going to kill is that the doctors will try to heal them. Which provides a nice advantage, but there could always be healer clash or what have you.

We've almost reached the two-day mark, however, so... Will today be another random nomination? :|

Call me Blazhy if you wanna shorten my name~ I know it's hard to type, haha.

Anyway, he was essentially caught by random, though his deleted post garnered some suspicion. So... Yeah. The chances of striking down a Mafia person are still quite low, even if we assume that both Dragon/Blazhy roles sided with the Mafia. We might get lucky, but chances are we won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom