• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Prismatic Maelstrom {Pokefic, PG-13}

Sapphiron

used Bat Credit Card!
Long time no see, TCoD.

If you are not a fan or trainer fics at all, then this may or may not be your story. I dunno whether or not this would be considered a conventional trainer fic. All I know is that there could be more people to review my writing here than on Fanfiction.net.

Since I actually started writing this over a month ago, I already have two chapters, so enjoy the double feature.

The fic is also on Fanfiction.net if you go there. [Linxorz]

------

Chapter 1: Mewtwo is the New Gengar?

------

We cut to our first location: a group of floating trees in the afternoon sky. Each one seems to be floating in the gentle breeze wile a blue aura surrounds them.

…Wait, what?

Suddenly, the trees begin to barrel downward like a group of missiles. They quickly struck the ground, forming a cloud of dirt around the collision. As the dust cloud faded, an incapacitated Haunter was revealed under the wreckage of trees. The ruins were approached by a white bipedal cat-like creature with a strange, wiry body structure. Its eyes and body glowed with blue psychic energy as it stood triumphantly over its victim.

The powerful Psychic-type was approached from behind by a young trainer that looked like he had just recently started on his journey, with a backwards hat to boot. “I am so awesome! There’s no way the Elite Four could defeat this” he gloated as his OMG SO ULTRA AWESUM sunglasses reflected the shining sun. He then recalled his Mewtwo, reducing it to a white orb that flew back to the Master Ball, and then left before his opponent could respond.

“…Seriously? How in the name of Arceus is that even possible?” His opponent was absolutely shocked by what just happened. She was locked in a kneeling pose of supplication as the front bang of her hair hung downward and her black eyes retained a shocked expression. The girl was about the same age as her opponent. And here’s a link to her outfit:

Okay, I’m not going to take that route. I’ll get to talking about her appearance.

“Oh, wait” her shocked face was immediately switched with a more annoyed expression, “Mewtwo is infamous for being able to lift more with its psychic powers than any other Pokemon of its type. But how it got into the hands of a noob is beyond me. Well, might as well regroup with one of the others and leave this out-of-place event behind” she concluded. She tightened and tucked in the laces in her blue-and-white sneakers, then stood back up and fixed the ponytail in her slightly-blue black hair. She recalled her Haunter with its matching Great Ball, it became a beam of light, yadda yadda yadda. Once she was done, she started to head south on Route 103. However, she was stopped by the appearance of an approaching trainer.

“So, Patty… How was it?” The newcomer questioned. This new trainer was also around her age, as well as at roughly the same height as her, if not a bit shorter. Patricia briefly sighed and answered, “It sucked. That noobish kid cheated and walked all over me.” “Looks like both of us lost” he responded, “you know that older girl that you watched me battle before you were challenged by that other boy?” “Yeah, what about her?” “She’s… kinda weird. She was like, ‘Wow, you are as weak as you look! No wonder you’re so huggably okay’ or something like that, but she pronounced the O like a U for some reason.”

“Probably a foreign accent or a speech impediment” Patricia assumed. She then asked, “Alright. Skylar, what Pokemon was she using?” “Hm,” the recently-named trainer answered, “she had a Jolteon that walked around with her the whole time, and then she fought me using a big orange bird with green and yellow feathers. She was able to sweep five of my Pokemon before I decided to surrender-“

“Ho-oh!” Patricia interjected in a surprised tone. Skylar was puzzled by her sudden outburst. “Anyways, that bird’s a legendary Pokemon known as Ho-oh, and there’s no way a regular girl like that could have seriously captured a legendary that rare. Same goes for that kid I just lost to. He somehow had a Mewtwo on him. Oh, and don’t forget that girl from yesterday that had a Shaymin.”

“Derrick’s expecting us to meet up with him at the Pokemon Center back at Oldale, so let’s get moving” Skylar stated, “we can talk to him about it, too. Maybe he knows something about this, but he probably won’t.” Skylar shrugged, and then the two trainers started on their journey back to civilization.

------

The time of day was now early sunset. Outside of Oldale Town’s Pokemon Center was a young man that appeared to be in his late teens. There wasn’t much of a breeze, nor was his silver fauxhawk the right type of hair, so I can’t do that whole “his [blank that would normally have adjectives in it] hair flowed in the breeze” thing that some characters’ hair do even if there’s no wind in the location. He was soon joined by the only two other characters named in this story so far.

He proceeded to ask, “So, how was it?” “It wasn’t so much bad as it was suspicious” Patricia replied, “We ran into two more of those legendary Pokemon that are for some reason harnessed by trainers.” “Like that Shaymin?” “Correct.” “Guys, we don’t know who’s talking” Skylar interrupted. “It should be obvious” Patricia and Derrick replied in unison, each gave him a perturbed glance and continued their conversation. “Anyways, this whole thing is messed up” Patricia stated, “but for now, let’s go have Nurse Joy Clone #9022 heal our Pokemon.” This time, it was Skylar giving Patricia a weird look. “Seriously, I doubt they’re really clones” he argued. “And what excuse do you have to back that up” Patricia retorted, “I’d get into a flame war about that with you, but we have a plot to advance.”

The trio entered through the sliding glass doors of the Pokemon Center. Patricia marched ahead with a smug expression featuring closed eyes. Inside were two groups of people: on the left were varied trainers of all types, ranging from little girls that probably aren’t even supposed to be on a region-wide journey yet to teenaged boys that may have been trainers long enough to circle Hoenn multiple times by now. On the other side was a small crowd of females. Unlike the other group, they all seemed to be teenagers.

The party approached the front desk, and Patricia immediately opened her eyes only to notice a vacant front desk. “Where the hell is that lazy clone? Genetic experiments don’t take breaks!” Skylar sighed and then called out to the other people in the Pokemon Center. “Do any of you guys know where Nurse Joy went? …Anyone?” The crowd was silent for a moment before responding with a unanimous stream of nos. The crowd on the right then changed their conversation and also pointed at the group a few times when referring to them.

Suddenly, a random phrase wandered into Derrick’s ear. “My Mew could kick your Rayquaza’s ass!” The phrase echoed in his mind for a second as he compared it to what Skylar and Patricia were talking to him about earlier. He then had a sudden idea that he shared with his comrades by grabbing them by the shoulders and shaking them vigorously while shouting, “Oh [expletive]! Those guys are in on this legendary Pokemon conspiracy too!” Once he was done, his friends gave him a pair of puzzled expressions while everyone else in the room gave him a medley of dour faces. He then shrugged and responded, “What? I can’t start a panic without everyone just looking at me weird-“

“Yes! It was all us! And we’d all do it again! Ahahahaha!” One of the younger, more naïve trainers on the left side of the room made the sudden outburst, only to be summarily pummeled by an older boy. “Don’t talk about that [expletive] here! I’m not gonna have any of your plan-revealing [expletive]!” Yes, some of the characters are potty-mouths.

At that moment, one of the people in the left crowd tossed out two of the Poke Balls of the person sitting right next to him and immediately strolled out of the Pokemon Center. Each Poke Ball created an intense burst of white light surrounded by a bluish-white aura. One of the lights began to take on a serpentine shape. Golden spikes began to protrude from the sides of the glowing snake, along with six otherworldly tentacle-like spikes. Its masked face reached upward, close to the ceiling of the Pokemon Center’s main lobby. The other wisp of light took on the shape of a tall humanoid creature. Three spikes emerged from its head, along with spike-like legs and four tentacle arms. The light faded to reveal the identity of the two Pokemon, and Skylar made a comment as the Pokemon revealed themselves.

“… Are you sure it’s too late for us to join you?” Patricia and Derrick summarily smacked their friend upside the head, causing him to retort, “What? I was gonna betray them afterward.”

The Pokemon revealed themselves to be the space virus Deoxys in its Attack Form and Giratina, the beast from the Distortion World, with a Griseous Orb on its person. The massive ghostly dragon opened its mask and let out a screech that loosely resembled a human scream. The otherworldly serpent then, with a single swipe of its tail, knocked the trio down the escalator that led to the basement of the Pokemon Center, while a newly-summoned Mewtwo blocked off the way back up with a Reflect.

“Dammit, it won’t fade ‘till five turns later” Patricia snarled, “and from the looks of turn-based strategy games and Shonen Animes about them, five turns could be an eternity.” “Shut up and get your game on” Derrick retorted, “and by ‘get your game on,’ I mean ‘start thinking for me while I just stand back and look dumb- I mean, lazy- I mean, awesome.’” I apologize to the Yugioh fanbase for that one. Patricia continued, “Anyone got Brick Break?” “No” both of them replied, and then Skylar commented, pointing up to the Pokemon Center’s lobby, “but at least they’re fighting against each other up there and not us.”

“What the hell is wrong with you” One of the girls from the right side cut in, “you don’t just trash lovers like those with the swipe of a Giratina tail!”

Hearing that, the protagonist trio quickly glanced at each other. All three of them then said, “I’m not in love with Patricia/you two.”

“It’ll make us miss out on the inevitable romance between them!” The girl unleashed her Ho-oh from its Repeat Ball, summoning the rainbow phoenix to the field. Accompanying the Ho-oh were a Mew, Latias, and Darkrai. The crowd then chanted, “You dare to interfere with our original true pairing?! You must die! Die for our ship!”

“I could say the same” retorted the leader of the other group, “well, except for the part about a boat. Prepare to get massacred, [two word expletive]s!”

All the trainers from both sides began to call out their Pokemon until the lobby began to fall apart due to the sheer number of large Pokemon being housed within it. Since battling in such a cramped room would be impossible, all the Psychic-type Pokemon in the crowd let loose their psychic energy, causing the entire first and second floor of the Pokemon Center to fly away in the form of a thousand rocky, metallic shards. The shards flew out in all directions, striking and damaging the neighboring buildings and trees.

------

Once the Pokemon were no longer constrained by space, and all-out war ensued. Creatures of legend were exchanging blows with other mythical beasts. Intense special attacks and ravaging physical attacks were delivered by every combatant. Some trainers and Pokemon healed and revitalized their Pokemon, meaning that this battle could very well go on for months, even years. Heavy property damage ensued. Newbie trainers just arriving at Oldale and veterans returning to this humble town were dumbfounded by the very presence of such a battle. Some even fainted due to the sheer epic-ness of the chaos.

Meanwhile, there were still three bystanders sealed away from the battle, stunned by the never-ending flurry of mystic projectiles. They noticed that the Reflect screen was fading and a Fire Blast was headed straight for them, so they fled downstairs to avoid the fiery missile. “This is just great” Patricia grumbled, “a massive action scene, and we’re forced to just react to it. Why can’t we be the ones dominating enemies out there? Any second now, a Hyper Beam will make a hole through the ceiling-“ Patricia was immediately interrupted by a beam of light tearing through the ceiling. She continued, “and then… we’ll get a hefty bag of Pokedollars.” At that moment, a Mew flew through the hole in the ceiling carrying a sack in its hands with a rectangular bulge on the inside and the obligatory Pokedollar symbol featured on the front. It let down the bag in Patricia’s hands and flew back into the battle. “Well that was nice of fate to give us a lot of money in case we survive” Patricia commented. At that moment, the sack of money exploded in her face, knocking her back onto her… back and leaving a layer of black soot covering her face. “Haha, Mew just kicked your ass” Derrick taunted. Once Patricia shook off the soot and stood back up, she gave off a furious glare. “[Expletive] you, Mew!” “Come on, that was just a cartoony injury” Skylar retorted, “nothing to use an M-rated swear word over.” As Patricia groaned at her friends’ comments, Skylar remembered something on him. He checked one of the pockets of his black cargo shorts for something. What was inside appeared to be the number for a hotline of some sort. It read:

“1-000-RIGHTEOUSNESS. For whenever you need a bit of divine intervention.”

“Hey Patricia” Skylar requested, “can I borrow your cell phone?” “What for?” “I think this could help us. Somehow…” Skylar immediately showed her the number and Patricia reached into the pocket of her asymmetrical jeans and threw her phone to him. Skylar frantically dialed the number using the number and letter slots on Patricia’s phone. Once he finished dialing, he awaited a response. As the phone rang, a blast of Sacred Fire created an even bigger hole in the ceiling.

A person on the other end picked up the phone and asked, “Hello, this is the Hand of Righteousness Emergency Hotline. What problems do you have that need to be smited?” “This may sound hard to believe” Skylar responded, “but there’s a war of like a thousand legendary Pokemon right above us at the Oldale Pokemon Center-“ “We’re on it. We’ll be at the scene right away” the unknown person replied, and then proceeded to immediately hang up afterwards. This made Patricia wonder: “Uh… where exactly did you find that number?” “Well” Skylar returned, “I found it on a random park bench when we were in Rustboro. It seemed mysterious enough, so I decided to pick it up. Maybe it’s a way to contact Arceus or something. All I know is that they sound like they could handle this.”

------

Back on the surface, a number of portals began to appear. Through these gates, a number of agents dressed in white suits with blue ties emerged, carrying numerous unidentified devices. They immediately began to circle the raging battle, and then they prepared their weapons. Once they were ready, they all fired beams of light toward the battle zone. The beams struck many of the Pokemon in battle, causing them to dissolve.

As more legendary Pokemon faded, the main group approached the hole in the ceiling and noticed what was occurring. However, the beams were so blinding that Patricia and Derrick were forced to avert their gaze while Skylar had to reposition the black Go-Goggles around his neck so that the yellow lenses were covering his eyes. But even then, the light’s intensity forced him to look away.

After a few moments had passed, the mission was complete. Both the light and violence had come to a halt, so the three trainers finally returned to the surface while the Oldale City Nurse Joy was still bound and gagged behind the corner of the escalator. Once our protagonists resurfaced, the sky was orange, and the sun was lower than earlier. The Uber-handling trainers were now being apprehended by the men in white suits. Skylar, Patricia, and Derrick were quickly confronted by three of them. “So, were you the ones who called?” one of the men assumed. “Yeah. Thanks for getting them out of our lives” Derrick replied.

“No, thank you” the man retorted, “for helping us destroy these legendary Pokemon counterfeiters. Sounds really crazy, but it’s all too real… We want you to come with us to join our organization.” The group considered the offer… for all of a millisecond before Skylar returned, “Sorry, but we have a normal journey to continue on.” “No, I insist” he… insisted, “You really should join us.” “Hate to break it to ‘ya” Derrick retorted, “But you guys seem kinda weird.” “Yup, something about you guys rubs me in the wrong way. You look like the opposite of those government agents you see in the movies” Patricia added.

“Nothing’s ‘creepy’ about us. We are the hope for fixing the Pokemon world, so it is our responsibility to deal with the criminals that the Officer Jenny clones-I mean, police can’t handle.” “See?” Patricia retorted, much to Skylar’s chagrin, “I told you there was a conspiracy behind the identical Joys and Jennies.” “Right… No offense or anything, but we’re not quite ready to become full-time super amazing specialriffic heroes just yet” Skylar concluded, followed by Derrick’s quip. “I take offense.” “Shut up. Anyways, good luck with your whole superhero organization mission thingy.” The group turned around and finally began to start on their way back to Mauville.

“You have made the incorrect choice.”

The trio immediately turned around, startled by a sudden statement, even more adamant than anything he had said before, coming from the white-suited enforcer. “Those who don’t take the Wings of Righteousness seriously are prime targets of evil’s influence.” The well-dressed crusader continued, “Go on. Leave. But know well that you will become part of the shadows that we must purge from this corrupted land unless you reconsider quickly.” All three trainers gave him a perturbed glance and continued on their way.

------

After the whole uber incident, we find… Derrick punching a cardboard cutout that fell down so easily, it was as if simply flicking it would do the exact same thing. He then crouched down and tore the cutout of some nondescript person into two uneven halves while his comrades stood and gazed at him as if he were deranged. He then snarled, “Those jackasses are going to pay for kicking our asses and shoving us into a basement for our big debut.” “So…” Skylar retorted, “Your method of relieving that stress is through property damage? I’m pretty sure that’s someone else’s cardboard.” “Shut up” Derrick growled, “The first chapter of a story is supposed to establish how badass the characters are, or at least how badass one character is. Like a certain character that I kinda know about.” “Ooh, was it me?” Patricia interrupted. “Don’t mention that story you posed online, PLEASE” Skylar moaned, covering his face with a facepalm, “I couldn’t get past that one part with at guy… and the Teddiursas… and the chainsaw murderers…” “Oh, that reminds me” Derrick added, “I’ve heard that around this time of year, starting tonight…”

“…They lurk on Route 203.”

Skylar’s sanity summarily shattered with that statement. His eyes shrank to a third of their original size, his skin’s complexion suddenly seemed a bit paler than usual, a cold sweat of fear trickled down the back of his neck, and he could have sworn that his legs were suddenly made of jelly, but I don’t seem to notice any additional squishiness or transparency in his legs. In fact, this whole paragraph is probably a carbon-copy of twenty other descriptions of fear.

Anywho, time for the heroic-sounding conclusion! Who in the name of Arceus were those people back in the Pokemon Center? Why so spontaneously fighting? Is anyone actually going to stop them from counterfeiting Legendary Pokemon, however that works? And who were those dashing, heroic men in white? Find out next time on-

“Glomp!” Turns out a girl just leaped at Skylar in what seems to be a mix between a hug and a tackle. Way to ruin the ending, woman.

Last edited:
Re: Prismatic Maelstrom {Pokefic}

Chapter 2: Blue Pelipper and More Regular Trainer Rippers!

------

Picking up from where last chapter left off… Skylar got glomped by some girl who literally shouted that word. Now they were both on the ground, with Skylar still wrapped up tightly in the girl’s grasp. “Okay, what was that all about?” Skylar snapped at the unnamed girl who appeared to be a few years older than the two non-Derrick members of the group. His annoyed response caused the girl to let go of him.

Once both of them stood back up, the glomper replied, “Because you’re so huggably Uke, that’s what!” “If I’m just adequate, then how am I ‘huggable?’” Derrick and the new girl both let out a sigh. “She meant that you were an Uke” Derrick explained, “It’s a term for something I don’t really know about. All I know is that girls like to call some of the pretty boys that.” “Wrong” the girl clarified, “Uke is the term we use for boys that would look oh-so-cute with a certain type of guy called a Seme. Ukes can be pretty boys, but they can also be boys that look like children.”

She then double-checked Derrick. “And speaking of Semes, you’ve got a hot Seme right here! Just look at that edgy haircut and that manly tanktop, and the maroon short-sleeved jacket is a nice touch as well. The shorts, however, have got to go” she critiqued, referring to Derrick’s black running shorts which were even shorter than Skylar’s shorts, but not quite as short as what a girl would wear. “But your Uke could wear them” she said, triggering an embarrassed response from Skylar. “Uh, I can get used to Derrick wearing shorts that make even some girls jealous in order to ‘show off his figure,’ but there is no way that I’m wearing those. Besides, I never even agreed to this.”

Patricia neither knew nor cared what was going on.

“Yeah, what makes you think we love each other?” Derrick questioned the girl. “Simple. I, Jezzubelluh” since we only had three named characters so far, from what I remember, “have figured out that you two are obviously part of a Nakama. You two are essentially family, so it makes it all the more cute!” Both Derrick and Skylar sighed, since they were both confused and disturbed by Jezzubelluh’s speech. “Come on, Patricia. Let’s just leave this girl here and continue on our journey” both of them said in unison.

------

“Wait a minute, who’s Officer Jenny?” Skylar asked this question to his friends as they continued on their path through a darkened Route 203. “I’ve heard people talk about her a lot because there are a lot of officers just like her, but I’ve never actually seen an Officer Jenny.” “Well, we are in the games’ continuity” Patricia replied. Derrick then commented, “All that really matters is that she’s hot and she has handcuffs.” Skylar and Patricia stared at Derrick and pointed at a glowing and intangible letter T. “…Because handcuffs are important when it comes to catching criminals and jaywalkers.” “There aren’t many paved streets or cars here in Hoenn” Patricia refuted. “I know. I’ve just always wanted to say that word. Haha, jaywalkers. Those guys are such rebels.”

The trainers noticed an unusual concentration of light on the cleared-out north end of the route. Thus, they decided to check it out. Beyond the line of trees was a strange pit in the land and a dirt mound behind it that appeared to be covered in a thick layer of grass and foliage. Along the walls of the pit were pathways spiraling down toward the bottom. However, the most immediate aspect of the sight was a large poster attached to a tall chain link fence in front of the pit. It read: “Hoenn PokePark! The only theme park in Hoenn!” There was also section on the bottom reading: “Pardon our dust. We are making expansions to the park.”

“Why’d we have to come across this place at night?” Patricia moaned, “I could use a distraction from inconsiderate morons ruining the sport of Pokemon.” Skylar replied, “Couldn’t we just crash here tonight and go in the morning? Besides, I heard this place had a tram to Mauville that we could take.” “Aww, but now I’ll have nightmares based on what I saw at today’s Uberfest.”

------

The next day, Skylar and Patricia were continuing on the path to the park…

…Wait, what? “How is this considered strange?” Patricia debated. “Well, since Derrick isn’t with us…” “Oh yeah. Why were you so eager to leave him behind anyway?” Patricia appeared to be reading a cue card behind Skylar with those exact lines, with a mechanical voice to boot. Skylar then made an artificial reply by reading another cue card. “Because, Pa-ti, he said one night that if I were to ever wake him up again for any reason, then he would kick me so hard that the footprint would turn me inside-out.” “Dammit, seriously? We’re expected to read cue cards?” Skylar then whispered in her ear with a response that we’re not supposed to hear…

Forget this bullcrap.

“Don’t you remember? The audience demands an explanation for everything. Either that or we need to justify how careless we look for abandoning one of our friends. However, Derrick did actually say that. You just weren’t awake during that moment.”

Now say something beyond the fourth wall, because that is inherently funny. That and lampshading everything. “There goes Derrick’s fanbase” Patricia responded. “Don’t be so sure” Skylar explained, “lotsa people dig characters that act like jerks.” “But what if he crosses the line of evil?” “Then Arceus help us all.” And now this author will get at least one comment about how I’m using “lotsa” instead of “lots of.”

After a few minutes, Patricia could finally say, “Here we are.” In the duo’s line of sight was a massive Pokemon-themed theme park full of varied rides, attractions, and a few prominent roller coasters that towered over everything in the vicinity. “I wonder if we’re finally tall enough to go on those rides” Skylar... wondered. “Well, this is technically Japan” Patricia returned, “so minimum height requirements are likely less than what the readers expect them to be, but I don’t remember how tall people need to be to get on those rides since I haven’t been here in a while.” “Are you sure we have enough money to get in?” “Dude” Patricia retorted, “Derrick and I each have enough money to buy you. Unfortunately, we can’t buy our way through a line.” “What?” Patricia pointed toward the entrance of the park. The line for a ticket coiled through the queue as if it were an inconsiderate Seviper trying to hog the entire line for its hundreds of friends. Patricia then pointed at an ad above it that immediately disturbed her and Skylar. It read: “Cute couples get 30% off admission! It’s like that one fictional offer in that whatever game, but this park can’t exactly afford to let cute couples in for free.”

“Are they really implying that we’re…” Patricia and Skylar glanced at each other for a moment while blushing out of embarrassment, but each one promptly slapped the other one to bring each other to their senses. Somewhere, somehow, someone was cheering at that, fictional or otherwise. “Always be prepared in case of the ‘male and female who are just friends start to develop romantic feelings for each other’ syndrome” Patricia declared. “I know-“

“We interrupt this possibly romantic conversation to bring you a plot that actually matters because it’s not random banter!” The duo replied with a collective sigh. “Dammit Courtney, why did you have to interrupt us when we were going to Hoenn PokePark?”

“This is actually important, Patricia” Courtney replied. He was a bit tall for his age and sported a head of short blonde hair with a contrasting large protruding forelock that just could not be tamed. His forest green eyes remained focused on the duo. “It’s a conspiracy. There are poachers under this park.” “…Seriously? You interrupted our trip to the park for an urban legend?” Courtney explained, “I know it sounds just like the urban legend, but there’s more truth to it than you think.” “…That’s an urban legend?” Skylar was dumbfounded by the idea that criminals were apparently lurking under a theme park and everyone called it an urban legend.

Derrick arrived during the conversation, annoyed by the absence of his friends up until this point. “Why did you two leave me behind?” “Well, you breathe fire whenever I try to wake you up-“ Skylar was interrupted by Courtney’s calm explanation. “You can complain later. There are poachers below us and we’re going to investigate.” Derrick sighed and Patricia commented, “I know, just go with it.”

“Our mission is to gather information on these poachers. Unfortunately, that doesn’t mean we get to be ‘super spies,’ but we are spies in the more realistic definition of the term. We must explore the area and search for clues as to where these poachers will strike next.”

“…How do you expect us to go on a sudden life-threatening mission just because we ran into you at an inconvenient place and time?” Skylar argued. “Are you kidding?” Derrick retorted, “Exposing a black market’s plans is just what we need to actually do something in this story! Skylar, if you don’t come with us, then I’ll lose all respect for you and admire the fact that you’ve apparently become an unlikable jackass, then realize that I wasn’t supposed to think that and kick your ass higher than The Flight of Rayquaza.” Derrick referred to a towering green roller coaster in the distance. “Fine” Skylar scowled. Patricia added, “I’m assuming that I should stay behind in case you guys need backup?” “Actually, Derrick would be better for that” Courtney answered, “He has the strongest Pokemon out of all of us.” “Fine” Derrick hissed, mirroring Skylar’s earlier response.

A few minutes later (actually, more like fifteen to thirty minutes later,) the party arrived at the front of the line. Skylar and Patricia were holding hands and feigning innocent happiness. The ticket salesman commented, “My, aren’t you two a cute couple!” “Why tank- I mean, thank you, Mrs. Ticket Salesperson Madame Ma’am” Skylar replied in the cutesiest, Shota-ish voice he could muster. “Yeah” Patricia added, “We are like, so totally uber kawaii desu! And we’re all like, lovey-dovey and stuff!” “Cool!” Skylar interjected, “I dunno why my shorts are this long! They need to be shorter to express how truly cutesy-wutsey lovey-dovey I am!” When Skylar berated himself for wearing shorts that ended right above his knees rather than wearing shorts that would put even girls to shame, Derrick raised a bewildered eyebrow and a half when he heard that statement. Patricia added to the conversation once again. “I agree! I should be wearing a pretty dress or a blouse! Silly me! Let’s all like, totally go on a keen theme park advenchuur of fan-tasy!”

“Woooooow…” Courtney commented on the previous situation as the party entered the theme park, “You two have officially somewhat disturbed me.” Skylar and Patricia’s expressions were frozen in the shape of pure shame with a side helping of facepalm. “Remind us to never do that again” Patricia concluded, “Acting like stereotypical children in Anime (or was that Western Animation) isn’t worth a discount.” “I am never going to live this down...” Skylar sulked, “Over-the-top doesn’t even begin to describe how cutesy I acted back there. Let’s just never talk about it again, please.”

Derrick pulled out a frilly violet dress from Hammerspace and taunted, “You’ve just earned your obligatory Shonen hero cross-dressing scene.” Skylar swiped the dress and snapped, “I’d rather look like a jerk by saying that I would throw this at The Flight of Rayquaza and somehow trigger a ‘kill ‘em all’ death than wear this.” “You deserve it for calling short shorts ‘girly’” Derrick returned. “Well, they are kinda girly” Skylar retorted. “Are you kidding? Short shorts are freaking testosterone on legs! Literally! Nothing says ‘look at my badass figure, ladies’ like short shorts. And besides, this is coming from a character that’s essentially a tomboy with a… I can’t say that? Okay, ‘Y chromosome,’ whatever that is. You’re gonna have to have a crossdressing scene sooner or later-“ “Plooottt!” Courtney roared, shouting in Derrick’s ear.

Back at the line, a hunched-over, beastlike boy and a pale, thin girl with dark hair and dark clothing approached the front of the line. “Sorry, you two aren’t cute enough.” This response triggered the boyfriend to give the ticket salesperson a threatening glare.

A while later, Courtney, Patricia, and Skylar had made it to the bottom of the hole. The underground base they had arrived at had an entrance that looked like… a front lobby. “Hello, and welcome to Blue Pelipper Traders and Co… How’d kids like you get in here?” “I’m scheduled for an appointment with one of your agents” Courtney stated. “Very well then. Name, please?” “Courtney C. Sinclair.” “Ah, Albert Sinclair’s son. We’ve been expecting you. You will meet your agent in the hallway to the right in room 119.” “Thank you” Courtney responded.

The group searched the hallway until arriving upon a door with the number 119 prominently displayed on the surface. “If this goes as planned, we should have enough time to check her computer” Courtney whispered as he opened the door. Inside was an average-sized office, occupied by a desk, some chairs, and a couple of shelves displaying photos and various other knick-knacks and keepsakes. At the desk was a woman that appeared to be in her mid to late twenties wearing a black dress and sporting a blonde hairdo that was tied up in a bun. “Figures” Patricia whispered to her friends, “They always hire the hottest salesmen in the business to close the deal.” The businesswoman noticed Courtney and warmly greeted him. “Hi, Courtney! It’s been a while since I last went to your dad’s house for dinner. Wow, you’re getting tall! And look how sharply-dressed you are!” She said, commenting on Courtney’s un-tucked white dress shirt with a green plaid pattern and his khaki slacks. “I brought you something. Thank goodness that there’s a ‘secret word’ for these kinds of things, or else security would have taken it.” Courtney reached into his bag and took out a lavishly-decorated box of unidentified cookies and a bottle of Pomeg Berry juice. “Oh, thank you!” the woman replied, “How’d you know what I like?” “Well, my dad knows. Anyways, let’s get down to business.” “And while we do business stuff, we should take a peek at what Derrick’s doing” Skylar added, triggering a puzzled response from the woman.

Back at the theme park, Derrick appeared to be engaging in battle against another trainer. So far, the battle looked rather one-sided: Derrick’s signature Steelix was looming over the Poochyena of an opposing trainer. “You’ve challenged me at the right time” Derrick quipped, “Being alone at a theme park with lines longer than hell has given me a strange desire to own newbies. Steelix, finish the Poochyena with Crunch.” Steelix obeyed and slid its head backward slightly. At a moment’s notice, the Steelix quickly bit the target Poochyena with its metallic teeth. The force and level difference was strong enough to defeat poor Poochyena in one move, so the trainer recalled the canine Pokemon and taunted, “Check out what I have under my sleeve! Go, Frost!” The girl tossed a Poke Ball into the center of the arena, triggering an icy flash of white light that took the shape of a giant bird. Once the white glow and the surrounding aura faded, an Articuno was revealed. “Dammit, not another one!” Derrick lamented. “Frost, show that womanizing jackass what real power is!” “Hey, don’t be jumping to conclusions here! I haven’t acted sexist yet-“ Before Derrick could finish, his Steelix was struck by an intense Ice Beam. Though it didn’t faint right away, Steelix could not deny that it had taken major damage from that last attack. “Alright Steelix, bombard it with a storm of Stone Edges!” Steelix began to summon rocky spikes and fire them at the Articuno. However, the ice bird evaded the first wave. The second wave dealt heavy damage, but not enough to take down the legendary bird. “Ice Beam him into his place.” Articuno swiftly fired another Ice Beam before Steelix could fire its third wave of Stone Edges, thus defeating Steelix.

“You guys are scum” Derrick growled in disdain. “Well” his opponent suggested, “I know a place where you can get better, cooler Pokemon than that bulky Steelix-“ “Shut up. I know about your noob organization, and I’ve hated it since day one. So does Trish… even though she hates you guys even more… but I’m not exactly biffles with your cheating organization either!”

Meanwhile, after a bunch of nonsensical negotiation…

“Yeah, we’ll need a Riolu for each party guest.” “Hold on. I have to go to the bathroom” the woman stated. “Can I check my e-mail on your computer?” Courtney requested, “I haven’t read it in a while.” “Sure” The saleswoman replied as she stood up and left the room. Courtney didn’t wait a single second; right away, he leaped into the office chair and started to search the opened documents for possible clues. He broke the law by searching through the opened e-mail inbox on the computer, but he did not find anything. He then began to search an opened web page of the company’s site. “Don’t just stand there, make sure that I can finish this. Go distract her with some small talk when she gets back or something” Courtney commanded. Immediately, Skylar and Patricia left the room and waited out in the hallway. As the businesswoman began to return, Skylar and Patricia approached her. “So…” Patricia inquired, “Have you heard about that new resort they’re opening in Mauville?” “Actually, I haven’t. Is it nice?” “Yeah, it’s gonna be amazing. They’re gonna have a Pokemon arena, a casino, rooms as big as a 2-story house with pure gold appliances, an entire theme park on the roof, a theater the size of an opera house, a water park the size of an island, and even robotic mechanical servants!” Patricia quickly glanced behind her and noticed Courtney still working. “Ohhh… I just realized that I got the information all wrong.” “Yeah. I dunno if they could even build a resort like that” the woman replied. “The truth is… It’s gonna be in Cinnabar!” Both Skylar and the saleswoman fell over in one collective face fault. Patricia glanced behind her again and noticed that Courtney was just about done. “Now get back in there and negoshimate or something” Skylar asserted, “We’ve gotta meet up with someone.” “You’ve gotta meet up with someone, not me” Patricia quipped.

A few moments later, Derrick was alone on a bench. In his mind replayed moments between his defeat at the hands of Articuno and now.

“So… Do you and your hotness wanna accompany me on The Flight of Rayquaza?” “Sorry” the female voice answered, “But you must be this goffik to be my boyfriend.”

“Hola chica sexisimo” Derrick commented using incorrect Spanish, “Wanna-“ “♥~SEME!!!~ ♥” “Ugh, no wonder all the moderates left Fangirls Certain that those two gUys/that guy and that girl are Kawaii/Cute together…”

The focus returns to Skylar. He was once again within the park, strolling through and wondering how in the name of all that is yellow he will find Derrick. It didn’t help that he was the only member of his group without some sort of telephone. What he did find was a fashionably-dressed girl quite a few years older than him and about one head taller than him. Skylar gazed at her for a moment with his drooling mouth open, but was interrupted by her question. “You look like my cousin. Have you seen him? He looks like this.” The girl took out her phone and found a picture stored on there showing Skylar asleep with a black visor beanie over his head and eyes along with drawings all over the visible part of his face and a T-shirt that was white rather than Skylar’s current yellow shirt. “Where’d you get that photo?” Skylar inquired. “Well, this guy named Derrick, who’s apparently my cousin’s friend, sent it to me. “He just had to send that picture…” “What?” “Uh-“

We rudely cut to Courtney and Patricia leaving the underground office complex. Courtney commented, “Well, that was easy-“ “Way to go, blockhead” Skylar scolded on the other side of a split-screen view, “Your ‘lol that wuz ez’ just cursed us. They’ll be on our tails any minute now!” “Relax, Skylar” Courtney retorted, tempting fate, “What’s the worst that could happen-“

“RAAAAAAAAUR!!!”

To be continued…

Back
Top Bottom