• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

team suggestions? still testing it

i'm still testing out this team on shoddy, but i will eventually make it for a ds team... i just need some opinions. i mainly like using uu/nu pokemon but if you suggest less used ou pokemon i'll consider those too i guess.

roserade
Roserade (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
---
standard lead roserade i guess... sleep powder and set up spikes. still wondering whether hidden power fire is the best for it because taunts from aerodactyl aren't fun. maybe hp electric or ice should be there instead?

steelix
Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/100 Atk/100 Def/58 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
---
physical wall. set up stealth rocks and roar out, works along with toxic spikes. not sure about the ev spread or nature though...

slowking
Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/56 SAtk/202 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Yawn
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
---
special wall. yawn for switching if i don't get any toxic spikes on the field or they are rapid spinned away... again, not so sure about the ev spread.

swellow
Swellow (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Protect
- U-turn
---
generic swellow. will consider switching out for a different pokemon but i dunno yet. suggestions maybe?

mismagius
Mismagius (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
---
generic mismagius. i like it so i'll prolly end up keeping it on my team.

gallade
Gallade (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Thunderpunch
- Psycho Cut
---
meh... a filler pokemon. i can't think of anything else to go in this space... should i keep gallade or switch it out for something else?

i was thinking about putting a rapid spinner on my team (maybe hitmontop). i dunno what else would work on this team though, would getting rid of swellow be a good idea?

Roserade: The one OU pokemon on this team. Take it off and it will be playable in uu, which is good, since slowking and steelix are outclassed by blissey, skarmory, gliscor, snorlax, and others. If you do consider changing this to UU, remember that toxic spikes is almost worthless there as many pokemon are grounded poison types (like venasaur, drapion, and nidoking), and spikes is better. As for roserade itself, dont worry about aerodactyl, as leafstorm is an assured 2ko even with the drop in power. Also, Roserade is durable and can come back in later and set up t-spikes anyway.

Steelix: steelix is a very good physical wall, and with the amount of evs you are putting in, its defense stat will be 499, while its special defense is around 200. I suggest maxing out HP and special defense, with 6 evs in attack (or defense), as 436 def is usually enough. Also, stone edge is better than rock slide, and gyro ball is usable too as steelix has a misrable speed (if gyro ball is used, make nature sassy (and as low of an iv for speed as possible)

slowking: evs should max special defense and 212 HP, rest is Special attack. yawn is useless after roserade uses sleep powder, thanks to sleep clause, and you already have a phazer. Go with thunder wave ( or light screen). Otherwise good.

swellow: unless you plan to switch this out, its fine. Maybe put a priority move (quick attack) in.

mismagius: You need a rapid spin blocker, and this works, but it has bad defenses. If you dont mind rapid spin (after he gets killed), keep it, otherwise, switch to spirtomb or another bulky ghost.

gallade: doesnt need a sash, and without a spinner you'll take damage anyways, probably. lire orb or leftovers work fine.

sugestions: Get rid of roserade, make this team uu. rapid spinner might some in handy but nothing (except maybe swellow) needs one badly. If your getting rid of swellow or gallade (or both) there are plenty of other physical sweepers. you can use a cleric if you get rid of swellow. miltank, clefable, ampharos, meganium, and vileplume all work. Also, in exchange for one of your physical sweepers, a wall breaker can be put in. In uu, i like to play with bibarel, but mixed sweepers, like blaziken (or infernape in ou) work too.

Back
Top Bottom