• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Vocaloid Club

hopeandjoy

yan ya yan ya yaa iii yaaa
Because we needed one of these.

What is "Vocaloid"? A Vocaloid is a type of synthesizer for your computer designed to imitate the human voice. While the English ones are a bit shaky, the newer Japanese ones sound extremely realistic.

So it's J-pop. Yeah, pretty much. But there's a lot of variety out there, ranging from humor to tearjerkers.

So what Vocaloids are out? To date we have (of the popular, Japanese ones):

Meiko (female, released late 2004)
Kaito (male, released early 2006)
Miku Hatsune (female, released mid 2007)
Rin and Len Kagamine (female and male, released late 2007)
Luka Megurine (female, released early 2009)

There are, of course, more, but this is who you'll see most of the time.

Members:
Ketsu
IcySapphire
Frost
Ice the Frosty Cat

So...

Who is your favorite?

Right now, I'd say Len. If only because of Soundless Voice.

What song got you into Vocaloid?

Kokoro. I do love robots and tearjerkers after all.

What's your current favorite song?

It's a tie between Servant of Evil, Meltdown, Kokoro, Proof of Life, and Soundless Voice. Yes, I know that's a lot. I like my tearjerkers.

Last edited:
Rin would be my favourite Vocaloid. I adore Meltdown so much :3

Uh, I might be cosplaying as Kaito for MCM in May. I'm going with some friends from College who are also cosplaying as Vocaloids, so yeah.

Might regret this, but I'm a closet Vocaloid fan, so count me in. :x
Favourite vocaloids are probably Len, Gumi, Rin and Miku.

Okay, I don't usually pay attention to clubs, but... <333 vocaloids~~ Mostly Rin and Len with some Luka; I only listened to Miku today.

えっとえっとね~えっとえと~~

YES. YES, WHAT, I DID NOT KNOW THIS WAS HERE. <3 ty Espeon

I adore anything Vocaloid~ Miku, Gakupo, Ren, and Teto are probably my favorites. <33

Since they can do Gackt well, I'd like a Vocaloid to be based off Aya Hirano or something. She's incredible. :B What about any of you?

Which Vocaloid are you portraying?

I'll be Kaito :3
We've got a Miku, a Luka and possibly a Teto, but no Rin/Len/Meiko D:

I've been tasked by our group leader (who's being Miku, fittingly), to learn several dances, although I'm really not cut out for dancing xD
I've been trying to learn Hare Hare Yukai and although I've sort of memorised the easier parts already, it's really tiring ^^;
Other dances I need to learn are Nyan Nyan, Miku Miku Shite Ageru, Danjo and Love and Joy...
I don't think I stand a chance xD

The song Circle You, Circle You by Miku and Luka inspires me to write more morbid poetry every time I hear it. (I'm a poet, and I was unaware! :0)
My fave songs are: Dark Woods Circus, Alice Human Sacrifice, World is Mine (Miku version), Trick and Treat, and Cantarella (Kaito/Miku & Rin/Len versions). :'D

Back
Top Bottom