• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/ SS: Importing?

No, Wait for the American version. What's the point of playing without the story? There's new people and they just HAPPEND to be the only thing not translated in the version I had the pleasure of playing. Personally, I love to know whats happening. Plus, any errors in the Japanese versions will be fixed for ours. :/

I did and it was well worth it
They're remakes, you pretty much know what to do already :B

No, I'm going to have the joy of waiting for the European version!!

BECAUSE I'M A MASOCHIST

EDIT: oh right
uh
import it if you really want to? It wouldn't be overly difficult to understand...

It's a Pokémon game that remakes another Pokémon game, so not knowing what's going on probably wouldn't be a problem...

But unless you absolutely can't wait for the game (I don't see why... it's just a remake... it'll probably be a lot better than FR/LG, but it's still a remake), it's probably a good idea to wait for it to come out in a language you can actually understand before getting it. Importing's usually expensive, and any major bugs in the Japanese version usually get fixed in later versions... so if you wait, it'll be both cheaper and probably less buggy.

Like other have said, I think it's a matter of

1. Whether you can wait 3 more months for the US version (at the very least)
  2. Whether or not being able to read it will really bother you that much; I personally prefer being able to read video games when I play them, but if you've been playing Pokemon for years then everything should be pretty self-explanatory. Do note, however, that if you care at all about the Pokewalker you'll end up with a Japanese one and that may be a bit harder to figure out.
  3. Whether or not you're willing to pay more to import. I noticed one website was asking upward of $60 USD for a Japanese version of HeartGold; that's double what you'd be paying for the US version. Of course, this may still be an issue if you don't live in the US and consider importing a US version just to have an English-language game.

I'm just waiting for it to come out in the US, personally. Three more months isn't that long, and it'll ultimately be cheaper and make for a more complete gaming experience (as in, no sitting through screens and screens of dialogue wondering what the hell they're saying).

I won't be importing the JP version, but I'll almost certainly import the US version once it's released. Fuck waiting for Nintendo to translate the game for those damned continentals. >:(

I won't be importing the JP version, but I'll almost certainly import the US version once it's released. Fuck waiting for Nintendo to translate the game for those damned continentals. >:(
ours comes out like a couple of weeks later iirc
14th March for the USA, 26th or something for Europe... that's what I heard anyway.

Either way, late b-day present for me woohoo!

Back
Top Bottom