• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt EV Calculation Order...?

Munchkin

is NOT edible. Unless you're a vampire.
So I was just wondering, in what order are the EV gains calculated? I know that Pokérus and the Macho Brace both simply double the EVs gained, so it wouldn't matter which order they'd be calculated, and that specific situation (a Pokémon with Pokérus and holding a Macho Brace) is the one that was mentioned on Serebii.

But here's a hypothetical situation for you: I'm training my Umbreon, Confute, for Defense EVs. I've given him a Power Belt, which increases his Defense EV gain by 4. On top of that, he has Pokérus. So I'm wondering, is the Pokérus calculated first, or the Power Belt's effect?

So, here's Confute, battling a Silcoon, which gives 2 Defense EVs. If Pokérus is counted first, he'd gain 8 Defense EVs. But if the Power Belt is counted first, he'd gain 12. I'd really like to think the item's effect is counted first, but I want to be sure, and I wouldn't know how to experiment on something like this.

Thanks in advance~

Yeah, Pokérus doubles the EV gain after all other modifiers have been applied.

Ah, thank you. How stupid of me not to think of Veekun '^-^

Also, one more question: I have several Pokémon who have had Pokérus before, but I think they've healed, and they each now have a little yellow-orange face icon next to their sprites in each of their status/summary screens. Somebody told me that the effects of Pokérus still linger, even though it shows that yellow face instead of that lilac "PKRS" tab. Is this true?

Yes, once a Pokémon has had Pokérus, it will continue to get double the effort points even if the disease is cured.

Back
Top Bottom