• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Northlands

nastypass

that bitch what arranges the blocks
Pronoun
they/her/hers
The Northlands

northlandmapd1.jpg

The glow of the some 250 monitors lit up the room, each showing a different part of the Safari Zone. The guard on duty was supposed to be watching as many of the monitors assigned to him as possible, but it was very late by now, and he was struggling to just pay attention to the north coast. Ah hell, who am I kidding? he thought to himself. Nothing ever happens on the north coast anyway. With that thought, the guard quietly drifted off to sleep.

---​

The guard’s watch beeped loudly three times. It was now five o’clock in the morning exactly, the end of his shift. As he walked out the door, he remembered his empty coffee cup on the control panel. When he turned around, he happened to notice something… different about the north coast. Huh, he thought. That big continent sticking off the shore wasn’t there before.

---

OFFICIAL SAFARI ZONE MEMO #2418
RE: NORTH COAST DISCOVERY​
In light of the recent discovery on the north coast of the main Safari Zone Island, 23 GPS markers were launched into positions of interest for research and shops by our HAL satellite. Unfortunately, the markers’ batteries had run completely dry by the time they were ready to signal their position. Our new R&D team is working on a set of markers that actually work as I write this.

The markers could easily be found by a competent exploration team, they are, after all, bright orange rods sticking out of the ground. However, competent squads are harder to find these days, and are asking for more and more money. Instead of being split into different areas, the entire continent is being fenced off as one large area where customers may explore to their hearts’ content. The markers, once found, are to be used as teleport locations. The area will be run by Walker. Honestly, the man deserves a promotion from that dreadful swamp of his.

--Regards, MidnightSaboteur​

---​

You walk up to the massive brick building. A sign above the sliding glass doors reads “Welcome to the Northlands!” in large, friendly letters. Fences on both sides of the building crackle with electricity.

You enter the lobby of the building, wondering for a brief moment where all the area’s employees are supposed to park. To the left of you in the crowded, tile-floored lobby is a hallway with several unremarkable metal doors. A sign next to the hall reads “EMPLOYEES ONLY” in large, distinctly unfriendly letters. On the end of the lobby opposite you is the ticket booth. There are three lines, all of which seem to be attended by the same man.

A poster on the wall to your right explains how the area works:

“The Northlands is a recently discovered, totally unexplored (at the time of this writing) continent, where anyone can explore to their heart’s content. As you explore, the map automatically updates with any new territory you’ve discovered!

Unlike most areas, your adventure isn’t over as soon as you capture a Pokémon or take an item. No, we provide you the option of purchasing as many extra Pokeballs as you want, and will even teleport you back here to buy more as soon as you run out, absolutely free of charge! You’ve still got to buy another teleport ticket to get back out there, though.

The area is currently divided into 23 sections, each with a bright orange marker. Should you stumble upon one of these markers, please flip the switch labeled “SOLAR.” This will allow others to teleport directly to that location, and earns you a special prize once you return!

Section teleports currently running, with species recorded in their section:
Entry Isthmus
None yet, better get looking!

Items currently sold at the ticket booth:
-Extra Pokeball --- $1
--Lets you capture extra Pokémon or take any items found. When you run out, the teleport system will be alerted and return you to the lobby.
-Teleport Ticket (Entry Isthmus) --- $2
--Lets you take the teleport system to Entry Isthmus. Comes with one Pokeball.
-Teleport Ticket (Random) --- $4
--Lets you take the teleport system to a random explored location. Comes with one Pokeball.”

Get in line?

Last edited:
I'll take a Teleport Ticket to Entry Isthmus and an extra Pokéball ♥ ($3!)

unf baby i broke your virgin zone ;o

I'll take a teleport ticket to Entry Isthmus and two extra pokeballs, please.

Isthmus. What a great word.

Tailsy: The line was a bit shorter than you expected. You enter your ticket into the teleporter and with a flash of light, appear in the middle of a meadow. To the east (you can only tell because the sun is setting in the other direction) you see some hills with trees scattered among them. In the other direction, you see a beach in the distance. You decide to walk toward the hills for a while, then you see an adorable Zigzagoon scamper by.

northlandmaptailsy1.jpg

>Take Zigzagoon.
>Walk <direction>.
EDIT: fffff ninjas and slowpoke walkers. getting yours later.

;w; omg Zigzagoon! Taking much. Too cute~ too cute~

(can I go east after that seeing as i still have a Pokéball :o)

19 hours is later, right?

RandomTyphoon: You enter the teleporter and with a brief flash of light, appear approximately 5 yards from the eastern shoreline. After a brief bit of swimming, you come to the edge of the beach. A curious-looking Starly lands in a nearby tree.

typh1.png

>Take Starly.
>Walk <direction>.
>Play in the sand.

Tailsy: You throw the Pokeball at the Zigzagoon. After a few seconds of struggling, the red half flickers, confirming the capture. The ball bounces onto your belt, and you continue on your way to the hills to the east. Once you reach the top, you notice another brown, spiky raccoon staring at you from one of the trees.

tailsy2.png

>Capture Zigzagoon.
>Walk <direction>.
>Climb a tree.

NWT: With a blinding flash of light and a sound that you swear wasn't you screaming like a little girl, you appear in the middle of a field. Several forested hills with a short scot girl lie to the east, with a small beach to the west. You see a Stantler peek out of the brush a few yards north of Tailsy.

nwt1.png

>Go to Stantler and catch it.
>Walk <direction>.

Dybael: You teleport about twenty yards south of NWT after hearing a distinct screaming sound coming from his general direction. You can only barely see Tailsy from your location. You walk over to try to see what has her backed up to a tree, only to accidentally step on an Oddish and trip.

dybael1.png

>Capture the poor Oddish.
>Walk <direction>.

RandomTyphoon: You sit right down in the sand and start to mold it into something at least vaguely resembling a castle. By the time you finish, the Starly has long since gone. You notice a shadow on the beach and look up, only to get Wingull poo in the eye.

No movement.
>Take Wingull.
>Move <direction>.
>Continue to play in the sand.

Dybael: You pass the Oddish by, and start to walk toward the beach. About ten minutes later, about twenty or so Oddish encircle you, clearly out to avenge their fallen comrade. Unfortunately, according to Safari Zone rules regarding these kinds of situations state that you could only take one.

Minimal movement to the northeast.
>Take an Oddish.
>Move <direction>.

Last edited:
There is no flask, sir.

RandomTyphoon: You go wash the shit out of your eye with some salt water from the ocean, then go back to your sand castle. After fooling around with it for a few more minutes, you suddenly feel very, very tired, and fall over face first into the sand.

You wake up some time later, unable to remember your dream or take a guess at how long you were out. You turn around to see a Drowzee attempting to put your sand castle back together.

No movement.
>Take Drowzee.
>Move <direction>.
>Help Drowzee rebuild sandcastle.
>Options 1+3 combined.

>say "I said I was sorry! Seriously, I promise I'll watch my step from now on and avoid tripping over any other pokémon and HEY LOOK OVER THERE IT'S HAILEY'S COMET"
>run north while the Oddish are distracted by my incredible ninja skills

Back
Top Bottom