• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do your parents know you're on here?

Ambipom

Stangers are just friends you've never met~
It's a simple question, do I need to explain it?

Mine don't. They're convinced I'll give out my address online or something. And they wouldn't like the swearing/cursing either.

yep, my mum. And she doesn't seem to care. xD I actually talk to her about people on here.

(so, Dannichu, Kusari... my mom knows that you exist! *gasp*

and you too moony. because she knows you irl.)

I've never really told them about this forum, but, it's not because I'd get punished if they knew. They're pretty cool about me chatting with people on the internet (heck, they've let me meet in person people I've known only through the internet), so I'm not worried about them finding out. The only reason I haven't told them is because I've never thought anything I've read here would be interesting to them.

They know I've been on here in the past; I don't think they have any way of knowing that I'm still here, though I suppose they could be googling me. I never bother to mention it to them.

They don't know about tCoD specifically but they know about places like JJH, dA and LJ so I don't see why they'd care about tCoD. They let me do anything online and chuck me at internet friends iRL whenever possible

Mine don't know, but that's just because they wouldn't care and I have no reason at all to tell them. They wouldn't punish me or anything, they just wouldn't care and so there isn't really a reason to tell them.

My mom recently found out, because she asked me for all my usernames and passwords so she could write 'em down, so I had to tell her... But I didn't get in trouble at all. But even though she let me stay, she doesn't really like me giving out information. But at least I'm still on here. But she doesn't know about the cursing... She doesn't watch my every move anyway so I'm free!

Uh, probably not. At least, my mum doesn't know explicitly; she certainly knows I hang out with lots of people online. She knows I give out my phone number and address to people online, she thought visiting Altmer and Butterfree were brilliant ideas, etc. etc.

They let me do anything online and chuck me at internet friends iRL whenever possible

oh good, here I thought I was the only one with not-psycho parents. :D

Mine don don't, and if they did, I would single handedly destroy my account. There's way to much here that they don't know, and I don't want them to know (Eg. gay.)

Yeah, dad knows about here and some other places and doesn't care at all. If I even slightly hint that I'd like to meet anyone in real life he's like 'NO WAY' though.
He knows I was on dA too, but doesn't know I got hacked and haven't been there for ages. I've just not told him yet.

Yeah my dad's seen me on here for years

And my mum probably has too but she doesn't really care about what I do online :B

My parents don't really care what I do on the internet, they see it as none of their personal business, and thus, I really don't have any restrictions on how long I'm on, and such. They trust me, and honestly, they don't know too much about computers. So, I'm usually Jimmy Fallon in that one SNL skit, telling them how to do what they're trying to do, computer-wise.

No, and I'm make sure they don't... It's called flipping the screen. And it works. If they knew my Coughing Cupboard thread...

They know I go on message boards. I dunno if they know about this place in particular, and if they do they don't know who I am. Pretty cool that way.

yep, my mum. And she doesn't seem to care. xD I actually talk to her about people on here.

(so, Dannichu, Kusari... my mom knows that you exist! *gasp*

and you too moony. because she knows you irl.)

HELLO FMC'S MOM :DDDD

Uh, my mum and sister and most of my friends know about here and they know about some of you guys because I talk about you all the time :3

But I've been doing random stuff online (going on forums, writing crack-induced fanfiction, emailing people all over the world) since I was about 11 and they've never minded; my mum's always trusted me enough and my dad just doesn't care X3

Nope, they don't know a thing. Although I suspect that my mom seems to think something's up, because one day she said: "One time I remember you said to one of your internet friends that I wasn't as crazy as somebody else's mom. Thank you for not thinking I'm crazy, I'm sorry if I do seem crazy sometimes." or something like that, I can't remember well. But when she said that, it completely threw me for a loop. I had no idea that she knew anything.

I'm not sure, actually, if she suspects or knows about this place. But she doesn't like the idea of me talking to people online, thinks it's dangerous, so she probably doesn't know much. And if she does, she maybe doesn't mind. Which is very odd and unlikely, because my mom's extremely overprotective. (My sister knows though. I said to her: "I go on this Pokemon forum and me and my internet friends talk about Pokemon and other cool stuff. It's fun." She doesn't really seem to care, she just thinks that I'm a loser. XD) Luckily though, my parents are EXTREMELY techologically stupid, so they don't know how to even use my computer or how to google, which is very good for me. I tend to try to keep what I do online hush-hush. (My real life friend also knows and doesn't care.)

My parents know all about my website. I believe my dad even visits the main site from time to time for the heck of it. (And I know he's been to the forums at least once; he was very amused at finding somebody asking "What the hell is this viljhlmuar thing???")

Back
Top Bottom