• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Crazy Cat Lady

Dybael

op-catladybrown-sm.png

The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Pokémon Presents:
The Crazy Cat Lady

The Crazy Cat Lady - everyone’s familiar with the archetype. She’s the lonely old lady who lives in a tiny house full of feral felines. She has a frumptillion pets and she loves them all to pieces, while being totally in denial about her obvious inability to provide adequate care for them. There’s one in every town - and, as it turns out, there’s one in the Safari Zone too.

Her name is Maud Babbingorst, and no one really knows much about her besides that. One would assume she was a previously-sane person who happened to break out in chronic cats upon reaching senility, but- she lives in the Safari Zone in a tiny old-lady cottage. It’s entirely possible that she just appeared here one day, cats and cottage and all.

Well, not so much cats. Ms. Babbingorst is very senile and has very poor eyesight, so only a fraction of the pokémon she hoards are actually feline. They’re generally furry quadrupeds, but even that’s not a given. Lots of them have ribbons, bells, and scarves, though - and all of them have sickeningly cutesy nicknames.

Now, animal hoarding is a serious mental disorder - a hoarder believes they’re providing appropriate care for their darlings, even in the face of malnourishment, overcrowding, and gross neglect. The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Pokémon endeavors to rescue pokémon from hoarding situations, but all too often police are unwilling to go after hoarders, as Officers Jenny are already overextended in their hunt against criminal organizations such as Team Rocket. In the case of Ms. Babbingorst, the SPCP has run into wall after wall in their quest for legal recourse.

CLEARLY, THE ONLY SOLUTION IS VIGILANTISM.

For a $4 donation to the SPCP legal fund, you will receive a collar - and tacit permission to steal a pokemon from Ms. Babbingorst’s crowded house. You can search as long as you like, but beware: if Maud spots you, she’s likely to assume you’re another stray cat for her to adopt, stick a frilly pink bow on you, and give you a saccharine name. Loiter at your own risk!

Pokémon that have been rescued so far: Ho god I have to list them? I'll get to this I swear... eventually.

Last edited:
Verne

Poochyena
01122004.png
My goodness, that's the most canine-looking cat you've ever seen. She's wearing an enormous Pink Bow and a nametag reading "Hugsy". Take her, or continue searching?

RandomTyphoon

Espeon He was hiding in a cabinet under the sink in a desperate attempt to find some space to himself. Catch or continue?

Verne

Larvitar She was in the backyard, trying to dig her way to freedom. Eat her way to freedom. Whatever. Whatchoo wanna do?

Zora of Termina

Stunky Well, he is four legged and furry... still, you'd have to have to be blind to mistake him for a cat. And anosmiac, certainly. The name on his collar is "Cinnamon". Will you take him or continue on?

...That's what I meant. I wanted to pay again to go for a second time. Although I don't deny I could've worded it better.

Ah, okay. Sorry to be a pest, then. </miscommunication>

Zora of Termina

Buneary He's trapped under a chair - guess he crawled in to escape the crowd and misjudged the available space. He's giving you a (slightly squashed) pleading look - rescue him?

No descriptions today because I'm just heading out the door to a doctor's appointment, sorry.

MidnightSaboteur

Luxio

Full Metal Cookies

Umbreon

ETA: Both male btw

Back
Top Bottom