• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Coconut Shy [BLACK]

Dr Frank

The Erratic One
Coconut Shy
ค ค ค ค

coconutshy.jpg

Step right up, step right up, it's the newest game stall to be installed in the Safari Zone: it's the Coconut Shy! Do you find yourself timid around hard-shelled, hairy, fluid filled tropical fruits? Then this is the place for you! For a small price you can try knocking down those coconuts in that yonder field (while standing behind the line, of course) with these balls that I'll give you, and you can claim whatever prize the coconut contains.

When you purchase your balls please specify that at which coconuts you want to throw each of the balls at. Beware, the balls have a chance to miss their target. Coconuts situated near the center and in front have a better chance of being hit than coconuts situated at the sides and in the back rows. Only I know the exact likelihood of successfully hitting each coconut. Oh, and did I forgot to mention? Pokémon obtained from the back rows might be better and rarer than the Pokémon in front rows. In other words, more common Pokémon will be found in the coconuts in the front, which are easier to hit.

And there's a special theme to the types of Pokémon that can be obtained in the Coconut Shy. Each week (or around that time, probably ten days) all the coconuts contain Pokémon of a certain colour. The colour will be randomly decided, and new coconuts will be stocked any time the new colour change takes place or when at least 70% of the current coconuts have been knocked down.

If you fail to knock down a single coconut, you will receive a Poké Doll! For now...

Current Colour: Black

News and Stuff:
20 February 2010 - New coconuts have been stocked, and the colour this time is Black!

14 February 2010 - The chance to hit the darn coconuts has been increased slightly, by 10%. Also, a new ball has been introduced that can aid your chances of knocking down that coconut.

12 February 2010 - The first ever colour for the Coconut Shy is: Pink! In honour of Valentine's Day, and even if red is the colour of love or whatever I consider pink to be more gagging, so whatever, start pummelling. Also, some items and stuff will be added later.

Ball Basket:

brownball.png
Brown Ball - This is your basic ball. Costs $3, $5 and $7 for buying one, two and three balls at a time respectively.

redball.png
Red Ball - This ball has got a better grip on it, allowing you to throw it harder and with greater accuracy. Improves the chance of knocking down a coconut by 5%. Costs $4, $6 and $8 for one, two and three balls respectively.

Note: Balls can also be bought in differing or alternate ways. If you didn't understand that (I sure didn't) then what I mean is that you can buy 1 red and 1 brown ball, for example, or perhaps 2 brown and 1 red balls or any other order that you choose. Keep in mind that you can only buy three, any three but still three, balls each time. That's all. For now...

Select one of the (badly drawn) coconuts from here:
coconutshyfilled.png

Coconuts that are not knocked down, and are therefore available:
3 ~ 4 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14​

ค ค ค ค

Last edited:
Re: Coconut Shy

3 balls please.

1st ball to be thrown at coconut 12. 2nd to be thrown at coconut 6. And third to be thrown at coconut 7.

Flareth:
You throw your balls with unerring accuracy, managing to, somehow, knock down all three targets. The coconuts inside contain Poke Balls containing a Male Skitty, a Male Flaaffy and a Female Happiny each, respectively.

Kai:
Unfortunately coconut number 6 has already been knocked down, so you get refunded here. You manage to take down coconut 9 but miss 15. Your coconut had a Female Wigglytuff, in it.

Grass King:
A slight twist of the hand manages to knock one of the coconuts down, coconut 14, revealing a Poke Ball with a Female Chansey resting in it.

Eonrider:
You assault the coconuts, but don't manage to hit any of them. Aww, don't cry. Take this doll instead. You recieved: a Poké Doll
poke-doll.png
!

Dybael:
Trying to aim high, are we? Well, you missed, but recieve a lil' toy as a consolation prize! Nobody's a loser here. You recieved: a Poké Doll
poke-doll.png
!

Hrmm.... I'm not to good at these games, but I'll try. One ball, please, and number 10.

BlueMoony:
You throw the ball, but misses and hits a random Pidgey in the background. Dumb luck, eh? You recieved: a Poké Doll
poke-doll.png
!

Green:
And you miss too. I should really sort this out. You recieved: a Poké Doll
poke-doll.png
!

Green:
You throw another one, but miss again. Dangit. Well, take another Doll
poke-doll.png

Espeon:
You manage to knock down your first coconut, but miss the other two. Your efforts yield a Female Mime Jr.

coolking49:
You throw the balls with all your force, and meet with success as they smash against a wandering Primeape behind the coconut stand. However, you missed the coconuts, and get a doll instead. Here
poke-doll.png

Flareth:
You got the coconut. Except it's quite difficult to break it open and get the the Poké Ball inside. I'll have to solve that problem too. When you eventually get it open you are greeted by a Male Jigglypuff.

Re: Coconut Shy [PINK]

Beav232:
You tighten your grip on the ball and throw it hard, brushing against coconut 15, just barely enough to set it in motion and knock it down. You got a Male Hoppip!

Ruffledfeathers:
You throw the ball, but it gets buffeted by a sudden gust of wind. You look and see a Pidgey doing the avian equivalent of a laugh. Stupid Pidgey! Well, at least you got a Doll
poke-doll.png
!

Re: Coconut Shy [PINK]

Ruffledfeathers:
There's been a colour change! You throw the ball excitedly and manage to knock down coconut 5. It held a Male Duskull.

Back
Top Bottom