• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Newer, better team.

wyoming789

They always fall for the eyes!
Ok, I took my older, less sensable team and made a newer one. Plz reply, every note taken seriously!:sweatdrop:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly 252 Att/252 Spe/4 ? (cant remember)
Taunt
Stealth Rock
U-Turn
Explosion

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Timid 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Def
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Grass/Ice/Baton Pass
Shadow Ball
Charge Beam

Togekiss @ Choice Specs
Modest 60 HP/252 SpA/196 Spe
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Flamethrower
Grass Knot

Snorlax @ Choice Band
Adamant 4 HP/252 Att/252 SpD
Body Slam/Return
Earthquake
Selfdestruct
Crunch

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Jolly 252 Att/4 De/252 Spe
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish 252 HP/28 Att/228 Def
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split
Fire Punch
Ice Punch/Thunder Punch

I'm not very good rating teams with a balanced theme in mind, but I have a few pointers.

You only have one special attacker other than Jolteon, and Togekiss has some decent special attack already - its speed is its breaking point, I think. You might want to consider tossing Agility on Jolteon if you go with Baton Pass, as Snorlax and Gyarados may have trouble outspeeding things. I'm not very sure about Jolteon's survivability, either, though. If you go with BP, try Focus Sash, so you're guaranteed to pull off at least one Agility/Charge Beam/whatever.

If you feel like playing with a bit of fire, try tossing Curse on Dusknoir. If you're certain you won't get KO'd by the Pokemon you're facing, particularly if it's a tanky Pokemon, then you can toss a Curse on them and Pain Split the next turn. It's quite risky, though.

As for Togekiss, Tri Attack could work instead of Grass Knot, if you're willing to lose that asset against the heavier water and ground Pokemon. Good neutral coverage, STAB, blah blah blah.

I'd vouch for Return over Body Slam, simply for the higher attacking power. With Snorlax's attack, and the power of Return, I don't think a lot of Pokemon would survive long enough for you to really benefit from the paralysis chance.

And uh I think that's all I have to say. Hope it helped.

Thanx for the response. Anyways, 1/3 of my team are special attackers, how is that not enough? :sweatdrop: Heh, well the thing with Jolteon was that Baton Pass isn't its thing. Its only there because when I have Togekiss still in, I'll BP to it after so many Charge Beams. Besides, my Gyarados has like almost 300 speed already and DD kicks it to 400 some, so I'm not worried there, and Snorlax isn't suppost to be fast, that's why I chose it over Infernape, higher attack, HP, and special defense, not to mention only one weakness. I like Grass knot on Togekiss because things like Suicune and Swampert have relative well going against my non-special sweepers here. Dusknoir is Ghost Type, so Curse halves my HP, which is exactly opposite what I want. I actually have another idea for Dusknoir. I was also thinking about giving it this set:

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Relaxed 252 HP/200 Def/52 Att
Gravity
Dynamic Punch
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split
(Remember, Gravity boosts accuracy by 1.67, making Will-O-Wisp 100% and Dynamic Punch 82%)

You're probably right about the Snorlax thing. And the Tri-Attack thing. You see, I don't want to get a purified Togepi again, breed it to perfection (exept for the IVs) again and train it for the third time! Get my point? (Seriously, I have two EV trained ones in my box!)

Oh, no, I meant that Jolteon only has one possible Pokemon to pass to. When you BP stuff, it's nearly a must to have a backup. You could keep BP on Jolteon, but if Togekiss is already down for the count, then that's a wasted moveslot. Maybe you could run a mixed sweeper, or something? I'm not very sure.

Agility isn't necessary, just something that could work :3 If you're not worried about speed and such, then it's fine.

And Curse takes down a Pokemon much faster than a burn or poison could, and I don't think it can be shrugged off with Rest. Plus, afterwards, Dusknoir will presumably be at very low health, which is the perfect situation for a Pain Split. It's something that I found worked very well, but I think that Dusknoir was much more defensively-built. I can understand if you don't feel like EV-training all over again~

That Gravity set looks pretty decent, though you'll definitely have to switch out if another Ghost comes in. Alternatively, you could use Earthquake instead of Dynamicpunch, since when Gravity is under effect you won't have to worry about fliers/levitators. If you go with Gravity, you'd want to switch around your other Pokemons' attacks a bit, too, to benefit from the Gravity. Fire Blast on Togekiss instead of Flamethrower, for example.

Haha, I can totally relate xD Making a competitive battling team can be a serious pain. Togekiss is already pretty good as it is, though, so I wouldn't worry too much. Especially if you have trouble with Swampert and Suicune and the like.

Back
Top Bottom