• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

G/S/C goddamn togepi

Karkat Vantas

Virile God-Snake Tower of Masculinity
I'm trying to get my stupid Togepi to evolve so I can finally dump it in my PC once and for all.

Does anyone know if there's any way to gauge happiness? I can't tell how effective my method of getting happiness is.

btw, fun strategy I found for killing wild Pokemon: get Mud Slap/Flash and a confusion move. Use Mud Slap/Flash until the accuracy is ridiculously low, then use the confusion move. Since the chance of the Pokemon hitting itself is determined prior to whether the move hits, either it will hit itself or its move will miss. Pretty useful when training Togepi, who learns Flash though HM and Sweet Kiss.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Happiness#Generation_II

There is no happiness gauge until Generation III (the woman in Verdanturf.) However, the chart at the above link will tell you which methods do affect happiness.

The chart is good, but the answer to the question is WRONG. There is, as said by sreservoir, a woman in Goldenrod city who will tell you how happy your lead Pokémon is. If I had my Crystal guide with me, I could tell you the levels that each phrase stands for. However... I didn't bring it to college with me, thinking I wouldn't need it.

Anyway, the woman is in the open house on the path to the Goldenrod bike shop, and IIRC she is sitting at the table. There are six levels of happiness, and Togepi will evolve at level one or level two, the highest levels of happiness.

OKAY, so apparently that Happiness Bulbapedia article that was linked? It has the chart of how happy a Pokémon is relative to the phrase the happiness rater gives you. You'll want "I get the feeling that it really trusts you," or even better, "It looks really happy! It must love you a lot."

There is no happiness gauge until Generation III (the woman in Verdanturf.)

Since G/S/C introduced happiness evolving, it would only make sense that they would need to give you some kind of gauge.

Back
Top Bottom