• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

One-Shot Dolls

hopeandjoy

yan ya yan ya yaa iii yaaa
Dolls

It was quiet. Kiseki knew better then to complete the cliché, because she knew exactly the reason. And she knew that no matter where she went it would be the same.

She had been wrong to tell her brother that story. It had only gotten him separated from her. Kiseki’s brother had searched and searched for that flower. She had tried to track him down, she had tried to warn him, but he wouldn’t listen. He had searched and searched until his CPU burnt out.

And it was all her fault.

Aaron, he had continued fighting. Aaron had said to Kiseki, “Don’t worry. I’ll protect this world. So don’t worry about here! Just take care of the rest of ‘em. And when you come back home, I’ll be there, waiting for you.”

She hadn’t had the heart to tell him that she could never come back.

It didn’t matter anyway. He had died the next week in a battle.

And Kiseki never told Aaron she loved him.

Kiseki should’ve warned Nozomi. She should’ve said, “No one can kill Author but me. And trust me; this isn’t some sort of petty rivalry thing. Author’s planned for people killing her. I’m the only one who can resist her powers.”

It didn’t matter. Nozomi would never listen to anyone when it came to Author anyway.

But Kiseki had only uttered a “Don’t!” and it was far too late. Nozomi had already cut though Author’s head by then.

All that didn’t change the fact it was her fault.

She knew every disaster, every death, every tragedy.

But Kiseki never did anything to stop them.

So here she and a few flowers were, the last living things in existence.

If you counted androids as living, at least.

It didn’t matter where in the Multiverse you went, you’d find no one. In fact, at this point you couldn’t even leave this world. Of course the home of the one they call “God” is the last world… Kiseki thought to herself sadly. Just like it had been thousands of years before, behind her, the ocean gently hit the beach. The ground around her was gray, not counting the few yellow flowers that desperately tried to grow in the radioactive soil. Kiseki smiled glumly. They’ll be dead by tonight.

Just like me.

Just like the rest of the world.

There was no mistaking where she was standing. The gravestone had long since worn away, but Kiseki had memorized the spot.

Aaron’s grave.

Kiseki crouched down, carefully gripping her glaive to keep her balance, gently touching the spot. Her clothes were torn in many places, and her shoes wore away a long, long time ago. The skin on her fingertips had also worn away, leaving the metal and wires exposed. Her old scar on her face too had opened up, revealing her metal skull. Her green hair, long enough to reach slightly under her knees, was sprawled on the ground. What was once neat, even hair was now messy, tangled, and uneven. If you looked closely at her eyes, which were the same shade as her hair, in one you could see static. It had picked up a nasty habit of going out of sync with her better eye recently. Her leg servos had too slowed, which was the reason she was clinging so tightly to her weapon.

Of course, said weapon was now much more of a walking stick. If anyone had watched her move, they must’ve found it funny to see what looked like a fourteen-year old hobble around like an old woman.

The true goddess had died when the bombs went off on this world. It left just Kiseki and this world, living on borrowed time.

She hadn’t spent this much time at home since she was mortal. She hadn’t appreciated it then, she couldn’t have.

Still, it hurt to see her world broken and dieing like this.

She laughed bitterly, a voice filled with electricity that made it sound even more synthesized. “So the one that helped save them, the one that kept the Multiverse alive, the ‘good’ one, dies all alone, painfully and bitterly. And this time there’s no one to save me…”

The laughter slowly changed to sobbing. “I suppose I wasn’t perfect,” she mumbled to herself. “I had grudges for silly reasons, I never helped anyone, I got too caught up in the relationships I had made with the mortal people…” Kiseki cracked another sad smile through her tears. “I suppose it was worth it. Even though it all went wrong, I’ll still be saying ‘hallelujah’, right? Because as that old ghost, Chrona, once said, ‘This world, that world, they’re all beautiful. It doesn’t matter what went wrong, I’m happy to have been here.’” Kiseki paused and took in a shuddering breath before continuing.

“…She knew what she was talking about. So I guess… I guess I’m happy that I’ve lived to see all this.”

An eerie peace fell over the scene after Kiseki finished her little speech. A soft breeze blew, carrying away some of the flowers’ petals and leaves.

Kiseki gingerly reached out to touch one of them. Before she became a goddess, she had been a plant mage. She hated to see the plants dieing like this. But her touch worsened it, making the flower lose more petals and almost shocking it. Now she could only wait for night, and the inevitable now.
________
“Huh?”

Kiseki brought her hand to her lame eye, which had suddenly gone dark. It was only a matter of time, I suppose.

She couldn’t bring herself to keep the energy necessary to keep her glaive solid and sharp, and it faded into vines that fell onto the ground, dead. The green haired android fell onto her weak hands. She glared down at the broken ground.

“So this is it…” Kiseki’s gaze softened. “Hey. Aaron. I guess I’m gonna see you again after all. The funny thing is… I only wanted to see your smile again. I wanted it so much… So much that I dragged my broken body here. I used to think about you and miss you so much that I would let worlds die, worlds I had sworn to protect. I guess it’s because I never told you I loved you…. And never thanked you for putting up with me all those years ago. I know how much of a handful my brother was. I must’ve been worse. Because I wanted to see you again to thank you, I did my job again. So that’s why I want to see you again.” Kiseki could feel her tears and her vision started to completely black out.

“Aaron… I want to see you again!

“Kiseki, you’ve done enough.”

Kiseki’s blind eyes widened. “Aaron?”

“You’ve lived your life all alone long enough,” Aaron’s voice said. It paused before resuming quietly. “Because now’s the time for me to stop waiting for you, and to bring you home.”

Kiseki’s arms gave out from under her and she smacked on the hard ground. Her ears were filled with static and she was cold. But she could see light. She blinked.

Aaron!” She couldn’t believe her eyes. The blue haired man was standing right in front of her. She ran to him and hugged him. Aaron grabbed her as she wrapped her arms around him and they both collapsed, kneeling, to the ground. Kiseki buried her head in his chest.

“Aaron…” Kiseki smiled, and it was the first truly happy smile she had smiled for three thousand years. “Thank you.” Aaron smiled back and tucked her under his chin.

“You’re welcome,” Aaron told her, smiling as well.

A/N: Oh, God what a cheesy ending. Still, I did something not Pokémon related for once.

Back
Top Bottom