• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DS2 to have rumble stylus? Hells yes.

WHAT? I just got a DSi, DSIXL is coming out, and now they have THIS? Goodbye, money that I still have. :/

Well it's been five years since the DS was released (compared to three between the release of the GBA and the DS) so you should all be grateful that the next portable nintendo console hasn't even been hinted at afaik.

Plus, we can't have pokemon gen V until the next system comes out, so.

edit: also hint hint you don't have to buy every redesign of the ds if you don't want to

Nope, I read that Generation V is the first to share a system with an earlier generation:
We had R/B/Y for GameBoy
G/S/C for GameBoy color, but It could be played on the GameBoy
R/S/E/FR/LG For GBA
D/P/Pt and Gen. V for DS!

(Yes, we very much do have to buy them, even if we don't wanna. Nintendon is to damn good at manipulating us.)

That was speculation on PokeBeach's part. Doesn't really mean that it will happen.

Also, this is a brand new DS, not a redesign.

But, that doesn't mean they can't coexist. NES and the SNES, GBA and the DS, the PS2 and the PS3....It just means that Nintendo will be releasing a new system and not a rehash(though I <3 my DSi and if I had to buy another, I probably would).

As for the news itself...you know what, I'm just going to avoid the jokes. And lol@the people commenting on the article. They're idiots.

Where's the "Player turns off rumble? -Yes-> Don't Vibrate" in that flowchart? Because really, I hate rumble.

Where's the "Player turns off rumble? -Yes-> Don't Vibrate" in that flowchart? Because really, I hate rumble.

There'd probably be an option to turn it off ingame, if they don't force it upon you like they do for all Wii games that use the Wiimote. Just about every game allows you to do that nowadays though.

I personally love rumble. Especially when I've been playing Rez for the Dreamcast with a Tremor Pak for three hours, and then I can't feel my hands for a good twenty minutes or so xD

I honestly would've liked a rumble function on the stylus to go with Knights in the Nightmare...

Its a good way to get rumble in, but that means batteries or its rechargeable. It could be cool if when you put it back in the stylus slot it would charge. On another note, couldn't this make it hard to be accurate on the screen?
________
Live Sex Webshows

Last edited:
it's possible that gen V will be on the ds.

i mean, on the one hand, i'm hesitant to say that because game freak is certainly not a company to do unexpected things. they pretty consistently release a new generation of pokemon around the dawn of each portable generation, featuring three new starters, a big open region, eight gyms, the elite four, etc. i really don't feel like they'd go out of their way to give us the next generation sooner than we'd expect.

on the other hand, it seems like video game companies are going at great lengths to sort of slow down the release of new consoles. microsoft, for example, claimed that the xbox 360 would last ten years, and new enhancements like project natal would ensure that it wouldn't get old. nintendo is doing the same with stuff like the DSi. therefore, we'd have to wait a pretty long time for gen V to come out even if it was a launch title (which it won't be), since DS2 hasn't even been hinted at by nintendo. and since we're already seeing signs of gen V's release it's pretty likely that there just won't be another system when gen V is due.

however, it seems really, really unlikely to me that the rpg rumored to come out at the end of this year is gen V. there were almost three years between munchlax's reveal and the us release of diamond and pearl. less than one year between that new pokemon and gen V is just too good to be true.

I did read somewhere that a "New Pokemon RPG" to be released later this year was going to be for the DS, so that means that we'll probably be seeing Gen. V on the DS.

Ha. I've read four places with that theory. But really, we shouldn't even have a new console, DSi was realesed ten months ago, DSIXL is coming, DS2 can wait. And I wouldn't mind waiting; SoulSilver will hold me for a while.

however, it seems really, really unlikely to me that the rpg rumored to come out at the end of this year is gen V. there were almost three years between munchlax's reveal and the us release of diamond and pearl. less than one year between that new pokemon and gen V is just too good to be true.

Well if it isn't another Mystery Dungeon game, or unless they're actually planning some new thing for Pokemon, or doing another game like Colosseum/Gale of Darkness, there's not much else it could be.

If any Pokemon game were to come out on Nintendo's next handheld, I'd say R/S/E remakes are more likely.

I don't understand.

Why would you buy the DSI? D: MAtter of fact, why would you buy the DSIXL?

BECAUSE A DSI HAS A BADASS WEB BROWSER THAT I AM USING TO POST THIS RIGHT NOW! I doubt I'll go for a DSIXL though; unless I win the DSIXL contest.
R/S/E Remakes would be nice, Emerald was tied with Silver for my favorite version. Whatever, we don't need a DS2 at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom