• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

New Type

Tropiking

Theoretically, if a new type were to be officially created, what do you think it would be?

Personally I think it would be wood-type. Current Pokemon that would be affected include: Sudowoodo, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, and Bonsly

Obviously it would be vulnerable to fire attacks and maybe flying attacks. I don't know what it would be super effective against.

Last edited:
I've always thought Wood could be a type too if they added a new one.

Really, though, we don't need any new types.

Last edited:
I guess Venusaur is a stretch. I was just looking at the tree attached to the flower. Now that I think about it though, Venusaur probably wouldn't. I'll take it off.

When I think about a wood type, I am reminded of the beta bird type that was left in RBYG and GSC. It seems like a good idea, but when you compare it to the type that it's already very similar to, it just seems pointless and redundant.

Same with the vapour type idea.

I personally think that we've got a type to cover pretty much anything by this point. There's really not much more that can be done.

The most logical one I've heard on a thread like this has been a "Sound"-type, which a lot of different already-existing attacks could fit into and it seems unique enough to work on its own. It's one I could at least kind of see working.

Personally I think it would be wood-type. Current Pokemon that would be affected include: Sudowoodo,

Why? Sudowoodo is not a tree, it is a rock pretending to be a tree.

Anyway, I honestly believe there should be no new types. They only ever introduced Dark and Steel to make up for Psychic's superiority over everything in GSC, and there isn't really any other unbalanced type at the moment. And for a Vapour-type Pokémon... why could it not just be Water/Ghost:huh:

If there is a new one it should actually be Sound, but really there just shouldn't be any new ones at all. The more I think about Wood, the worse of an idea I think it is. But really, it's pointless to add any new ones.

We already have a Grass type, so I don't think we need a Wood type... Vapor can, like Castform said, be a Water/Ghost type. So we really don't need anymore.

I think Wood is much too close to Grass-type. And Wind/Air is close to Flying-type.

I always thought Cosmic would make a great type. Attacks like Meteor Mash, Comet Punch, Moonlight, Cosmic Power, and Wish could be reclassified. And Pokemon like Jirachi, Deoxyss, Clefairy and Solrock and Lunatone could be reclassified.

I think it would have been good to have added a Light type back in Gen II. I mean, they have Dark-type, why not Light? That never made sense to me. But now, I think it's too late to add any more types. But I think Light and Cosmic are the only ones that would make sense if they were ever to add new types.

The most logical one I've heard on a thread like this has been a "Sound"-type, which a lot of different already-existing attacks could fit into and it seems unique enough to work on its own. It's one I could at least kind of see working.

I agree. The sound-type sounds (no pun intended) more like a logical choice. It would definately go with Light and Cosmic for a possible idea.

Possible Reclassifications:

SOUND
Moves: Hyper Voice
Sing
Screech
Metal Sound
Uproar
Pokemon: Whismur / Loudred / Exploud
Chatot (Flying / Sound)
?Zubat chain? (I'm thinking Zubat because of it being blind and having to use echolocation.

I'm kind of thinking of maybe Amoeba.
I know it's a weird thought, but it's the only thing I can think of when I see Ditto. I cant think of any other Pokemon it would be, though....

for the love of god we do not need a new type. even dark and steel still feel a bit tacked on, and that's after three generations. how is a new type ever going to fit in with an existing set of almost a thousand moves and Pokemon that are already pretty clearly not that type?

Dark and Steel were good additions, but they kind of took over from Psychic as the ultimate types. I mean, look at them. Dark has weaknesses to only Fighting and Bug, two types that are virtually useless. Steel has resistances to 3/4 of the types out there.

On the plus side, that means that my Absol and Skarmory pwn...

I've always thought that the Pokemon franchise has been BEGGING to have a light type introduced, but other than that we're good.

I think that no fossil monsters should be Rock. If they end up being that, scientists in the games have failed.

A slut type would be nice, but I can't think of any resistances or weaknesses.

Back
Top Bottom